Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking nslookup en modo interactivo no guarda historial de tipeo Post 302372824 by buchho on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 11:08:06 PM
Old 11-19-2009
thank you otheus...I would use dig tool is better that nslookup.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

named and nslookup

Guys , Am using Linux - Red Hat 6.1 . My DNS and nslookup command was working fine and ppl. can resolve through this server . but i changed something in /etc/named.conf , that stopped the DNS . The named proccess is working , but nslookup command is not , i get this error message : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

nslookup command?

Hai guys, In which way does the command,"nslookup", will be helpful? Please give me examples. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felicia23
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nslookup for Unix

I am connecting from windows via Putty to some other Unix server. How can I display my current windows MachineName/NTID in putty? Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup output

Hi All, If I give the hostname followed by nslookup, I get the output like below, commandprompt>nslookup efgh Using /etc/hosts on: xyz looking up FILES Trying DNS Non-authoritative answer: Name: abcd Address: 47.47.47.47 Aliases: efgh I am not sure on the bolded ones. Can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajakct84
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Further nslookup options if any !!

Hi , I have a requirement to find the aliases by doing an nslookup on the Cname. If i do an nslookup on the alias name i get the Cname , but i need the cname from alias name. eg: Hostname = acb.example.com Virtual name= abcvirtual.example.com nslookup abcvirtual.example.com will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpics66
3 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Alert / Monitoring / Historial Data Open Source

hi guys my boss asked me for a tool to monitor and alert my Linux boxes... and some Win boxes... but not only monitor for high CPU Usage, hign memory usage and so on....he also wants a tool for historical data I mean something like I want to know the CPU Usage and memory usage for the last... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup: am I doing it right?

Hi guys, I'm back to get some help again :) I have a file that has a list of IP addresses, and I use nslookup in my script to resolve hostnames of those IPs. the problem I'm facing is that I not all the hostnames got resolved! and I don't know why. sometimes the same duplicate IP returns a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdulelah
8 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Nslookup!!! Please look up!!!

Hi all Nslookup command returns!!!! Code: nslookup 10.91.44.29 Server: 127.0.0.1 Address: 127.0.0.1#53 29.44.91.in-addr.arpa name = station1.example.com Code: nslookup station1.example.com Server: 127.0.0.1 Address: 127.0.0.1#53 Name: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
4 Replies

9. Solaris

nslookup command

hi, I am new in Solaris 10 , i am installing a software in solaris 10, while performing pre requisite nslookup command should return without error, and the IP address and host should match those listed in the etc/hosts file, but nslookup command show the below error , can anybody tell me how i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup hanging

Hey folks. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a bit of a newbie at "coding" (obviously, scripting is a teensy bit different than coding) and I've run into a problem that I just can't seem to get around. I'm going through a list of servers to check their name, IP, reverse-NSLOOKUP name and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bearwhale
2 Replies
rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)					  System Administration Commands				       rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)

NAME
rpc.nisd_resolv, nisd_resolv - NIS+ service daemon SYNOPSIS
rpc.nisd_resolv [-v | -V] [ -F [-C fd]] [-t xx] [-p yy] DESCRIPTION
rpc.nisd_resolv is an auxiliary process which provides DNS forwarding service for NIS hosts requests to both ypserv and rpc.nisd that are running in the NIS compatibility mode. It is generally started by invoking rpc.nisd(1M) with the -B option or ypserv(1M) with the -d option. Although it is not recommended, rpc.nisd_resolv can also be started independently with the following options. This command requires that the /etc/resolv.conf file be setup for communication with a DNS nameserver. The nslookup utility can be used to verify communication with a DNS nameserver. See resolv.conf(4) and nslookup(1M). OPTIONS
-F Run in foreground. -C fd Use fd for service xprt (from nisd). -v Verbose. Send output to the syslog daemon. -V Verbose. Send output to stdout. -t xx Use transport xx. -p yy Use transient program# yy. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nslookup(1M), rpc.nisd(1M), resolv.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)