Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create multiple text file from a single text file on AIX Post 302372453 by dennis.jacob on Wednesday 18th of November 2009 03:27:37 AM
Old 11-18-2009
Try:

Code:
awk -F"/" ' { if ($0 ~ /^DBVERIFY - Verification starting/) fn=$NF;  print $0 >>"file_"fn;  }'  filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep multiple text files in folder into 1 text file?

How do I use the grep command to take mutiple text files in a folder and make one huge text file out of them. I'm using Mac OS X and can not find a text tool that does it so I figured I'd resort to the BSD Unix CLI for a solution... there are 5,300 files that I want to write to one huge file so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coppertone
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove multiple text from a single file

Dear all, I have a file which have let us say records from A-Z. Now I want to remove multiple letter from this file using single command.. let us say I want to remove A,F,K,Y,U,P,B,S,D. I can use grep -v command but for this case i need to rerun the file several time i wana avoid using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash help]Adding multiple lines of text into a specific spot into a text file

I am attempting to insert multiple lines of text into a specific place in a text file based on the lines above or below it. For example, Here is a portion of a zone file. IN NS ns1.domain.tld. IN NS ns2.domain.tld. IN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdn_humbucker
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a text file whose content is the text of another files

Hello everyone, I work under Ubuntu 11.10 (c-shell) I need a script to create a new text file whose content is the text of another text files that are in the directory $DIRMAIL at this moment. I will show you an example: - On the one hand, there is a directory $DIRMAIL where there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenteyu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep multiple lines from a text file using another text file?

I would like to use grep to select multiple lines from a text file using a single-column text file. Basically I want to only select lines from the first text file where the second column of the first text file matches the second text file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing text in multiple files, but with different text for each file

Hello, I have a situation where I want to change a line of text in multiple files, but the problem is that I want to change the text to something unique for each file. For example, let's say I have five files named bob.txt, joe.txt, john.txt, tom.txt, and zach.txt. Each of these files has a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scatterbrain26
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a text file into multiple text files?

I have a text file with entries like 1186 5556 90844 7873 7722 12 7890.6 78.52 6679 3455 9867 1127 5642 ..N so many records like this. I want to split this file into multiple files like cluster1.txt, cluster2.txt, cluster3.txt, ..... clusterN.txt. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammy777
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pdftotext from multiple pdf files to a single text file

I have a directory having a number of pdf files. I want to convert all the files to text, stored in a single text file The following creates multiple text files ls *.pdf | xargs -n1 pdftotext (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple files from single file based on row separator

Hello , Can anyone please help me to solve the below - Input.txt source table abc col1 char col2 number source table bcd col1 date col2 char output should be 2 files based on the row separator "source table" abc.txt col1 char (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
DwtSTextReplace(3Dwt)													     DwtSTextReplace(3Dwt)

Name
       DwtSTextReplace - Replaces a portion of the current text string in the simple text widget or inserts a new substring in the text.

Syntax
       void DwtSTextReplace(widget, from_pos, to_pos, value)
	    Widget widget;
	    int from_pos, to_pos;
	    DwtCompString value;

Arguments
       widget	 Specifies the ID of the simple text widget whose text string you want to replace.

from_pos  Specifies the beginning character position within the text string marking the text being replaced.

to_pos	 Specifies the last character position within the text string marking the text being replaced.

value	 Specifies the text to replace part of the current text in the simple text widget.

Description
       The  DwtSTextReplace  function  replaces  part of the text string in the simple text widget.  Within the window, the positions are numbered
       starting from 0 and increasing sequentially.  For example, to replace the second and third characters in the string, from_pos should  be  1
       and to_pos should be 3.	To insert a string after the fourth character, from_pos and to_pos should both be 4.

See Also
       DwtSText(3Dwt),  DwtSTextGetString(3Dwt),  DwtSTextGetEditable(3Dwt),  DwtSTextSetEditable(3Dwt), DwtSTextGetMaxLength(3Dwt), DwtS-
       TextSetMaxLength(3Dwt), DwtSTextSetSelection(3Dwt), DwtSTextClearSelection(3Dwt), DwtSTextGetSelection(3Dwt)
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit: C Language Binding
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit Intrinsics: C Language Binding

DwtSTextReplace(3Dwt)