Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gfs2 vs xfs vs ext4
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Gfs2 vs xfs vs ext4 Post 302370909 by king_hippo on Thursday 12th of November 2009 09:51:45 PM
Old 11-12-2009
ext3 fail

We tested ext3 before, it can't handle our load

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Does Solaris support XFS filesytem?

Hi, Does solaris support the XFS file sytems? If so, how can I mount a shared directory from another machine (which is using XFS)? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ext4 - ready for production system?

Gidday, Are you using ext4 for production system? Or is it better to opt for a more conservative strategy, like ext3 for instance? What are your experiences? Thanks in advance, Loïc. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loic Domaigne
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[XFS] How to use real-time subvolume

Hi! I created filesystem XFS on partition hda8 with subvolume real-time on partition hda5: mkfs.xfs -r rtdev=/dev/hda5 /dev/hda8 and i mounted it: mount -t xfs -o rtdev=/dev/hda5 /dev/hda8 /xfs But I don't know how can I use this partition hda5 with subvolume real-time. I don't know how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cadi2108
3 Replies

4. Linux

GFS2 needed or not?

Hey everyone. I am in the process of setting up an iSCSI SAN to function as a log storage device for a number of servers. All of the initiators see the volume, and originally I formatted it with ext3 and went on my merry way. However after some research I'm having concerns that I should nuke the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msarro
1 Replies

5. SuSE

iscsi network share + xfs

Hello, we got a MD3000i used as a network share between two servers (say A and B). The problem we are facing is that file/directories created by server A are not visible on server B (and viceversa). It's not a problem with permission (chmod 777 doesn't help). The MD3000i was at first used ony... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutrino
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

XFS - Custom Kernel or Module?

Hey everyone. I am going to be using XFS for a project coming up. We're running RHEL 5.5. Simply typing modprobe xfs works just fine. The kernel module loads without any issue. Is there any issue with doing this and inserting "modprobe xfs" into /etc/rc.modules? Is there a major reason to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Convert ext4 to ext3

Is there any way to conver ext4 to ext3 filesystem without formatting the partition/disk .. Had ext3 filesystem and had converted it to ext4 by issuing following command # tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index /dev/sda1 # fsck -pf /dev/sda1 # blkid /dev/sda1 /dev/sda1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VMWare,XFS and iSCSI issues!

I have a RHEL6 VM that requires the use of remote storage using iSCSI and XFS for the mount point. Here's the issue: With XFS you can't use the _netdev option for your mount point (pause for network) so my mount point doesn't mount properly because the network isn't up yet. I've moved the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksfolsom
3 Replies
xfs_ncheck(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     xfs_ncheck(8)

NAME
xfs_ncheck - generate pathnames from i-numbers for XFS SYNOPSIS
xfs_ncheck [ -i ino ] ... [ -f ] [ -s ] [ -l logdev ] device DESCRIPTION
xfs_ncheck with no -i arguments generates an inode number and pathname list of all files on the given filesystem. Names of directory files are followed by /.. The output is not sorted in any particular order. The filesystem to be examined is specified by the device argument, which should be the disk or volume device for the filesystem. Filesystems stored in files can also be checked, using the -f flag. OPTIONS
-f Specifies that the filesystem image to be processed is stored in a regular file at device (see the mkfs.xfs -d file option). This might happen if an image copy of a filesystem has been made into an ordinary file. -l logdev Specifies the device where the filesystem's external log resides. Only for those filesystems which use an external log. See the mkfs.xfs -l option, and refer to xfs(5) for a detailed description of the XFS log. -s Limits the report to special files and files with setuserid mode. This option may be used to detect violations of security pol- icy. -i ino Limits the report to only those files whose inode numbers follow. May be given multiple times to select multiple inode numbers. If the filesystem is seriously corrupted, or very busy and looks like it is corrupt, a message of the form that would be generated by xfs_check(8) may appear. xfs_ncheck is only useful with XFS filesystems. SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), xfs_check(8), xfs(5). xfs_ncheck(8)