Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expiry date of shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expiry date of shell script Post 302370710 by learnbash on Thursday 12th of November 2009 08:14:01 AM
Old 11-12-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcwayx
timestamp will help you. If you have gnu date or your date command support %s , can use below code:

Code:
date -d "2010-05-11" +%s

After you get the timestamp, write a if-then-fi to compare the script running date with it.
Thanks for your kind reply, i have done it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

domain expiry date

Hi all, I want to write a shell script that read line by line of a file that have all domain names written, after reading complete file it will give us following output. Domain Name Expiry Days-Left abcd.com 20-Feb-200 6 10 How can i acheive that script... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Digital Certificate Expiry Date

HI, I want to know the certificate expiry dates and who is owner of the certificate installed in UNIX. example certiface name 1)SSL 2)Veri Sign Trust Network (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RG18173
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Expiry date and server_name from the following file

Hi Guys, I am trying to write one ksh script where I have to go to lots of unix boxes and read one text file which will have data like this though this is not complete data. And I just have to extract expire date ( which is 2nd date value 08/31/2009 in the first one ) and the server name ( astro... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find user password expiry date

Does anyone know a simple way to find out the expiry date of my UNIX user password? I do not have root access to the box. Surely there is a way to so this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oztoma
4 Replies

5. SuSE

Disable the password expiry date

Hi, We are going to create the new user, using that user we are automate the work, but every 90 days password get expired how can i create or avoid the expiry the password. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

expiry date for files?

Hi, Is there any way i can give an expiry date for files that i create? For example, i would like to get a file deleted automatically after 60 days from the creation date. Is there any possibility for this in Unix? Thanks, RRVARMA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RRVARMA
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password expiry date check for hp servers

Hi All, Can anybody help me, to find the command to check for the password expiry date for the hp servers. Thanks, Deepak (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dswain
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each certificate and send the mail to the user. The user takes action to add the new certificate to the storage file and user owns the responsibility to update the input text file with the new certificate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casmo
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating expiry date using date,sed,grep

Hi, I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me with my problem. I have a crawler which collects spam URLs everyday & this data needs to be published in a blacklist. Here's the catch: The "Time To Live" (TTL) for each URL is 3 months (or whatever for that matter). If i see the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r4v3n
5 Replies

10. Solaris

expiry date of an account

can an user see the expiry date of its own account,also can the user know whether it is having peer access or not. Thanks, Megh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
2 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)