Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Modifications to a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifications to a file Post 302370568 by summer_cherry on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 09:47:28 PM
Old 11-11-2009
Code:
my $name;
my $header='track type=wiggle_0 name="Name" description="Name" visibility=full autoScale=off viewLimits=-5:1.25 color=0,100,0 altColor=0,100,0 priority=30 yLineOnOff=on variableStep chrom=<NAME> span=1';
while(<DATA>){
	chomp;
	my @tmp=split;
	if($name eq "" || $name ne $tmp[0]){
		$name=$tmp[0];
		(my $tmp_header=$header)=~s/<NAME>/$name/;
		print $tmp_header,"\n"; 
	}
	print "@tmp[1..$#tmp]\n";
}
__DATA__
chr1  2  4
chr1  2  5
chr1  3  6
chr2  1  4
chr2  2  5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Line File Modifications: Search and Replace

grep -il "TEST" ${ENVIRON}/*.pde| while read pde &nbsp;&nbsp;do &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;cat $pde | sed s/"TEST 3,1"/"TEST 3,0"/g | sed s/"TEST&nbsp;&nbsp;3,1"/"TEST&nbsp;&nbsp;3,0"/g > ${pde}.tmp &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;if ; then &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;mv ${pde}.tmp $pde ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tracing file modifications

Hello all! Is there a way or a utility to trace any kind of file changes in a particular directory on any UNIX machine? The purpose is that in Unix, there are multiple ways of opening and making changes to a file. But internally, there must be something common (a single pipe, etc.) that is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupta_ca
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list files with modifications <15 minutes

Good Afternoon Guys: we can use ls -l to find out the files and their modification time. however, how to list the files say which are modified 15 minutes before. we have find command which uses -mtime and -atime for modification and access timing. However, if we just be restricted to the current... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom_k_mishra
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

my shell script (file modifications)

hi guys Need some help on my below script #!/bin/sh if then echo "~~:S:wait:/sbin/sulogin" >> /root/joy/inittab else echo "/root/joy/inittab does not exist" fi now the problem is that when i run the above script it runs successfully but when i run it repeatedly the word echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about testing in shell programming(modifications were made)

In folder A i have a file "a' and text file named infile00.I would like to do redirection :a<infile01. There is a code to do this #get a file "a" in /home/A for file in /home/A/* do if $file ] then #printing out if file is an execute file echo $file "is an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thungmail
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write modifications in to two tables

hi, how to write modifictions of two tables in the ksh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML file modifications using sed

Hi, During an installation process in a bash script I need to do 2 things with 2 XML files. Does the use of sed affect in any way the XML file ? 1.Add to a section in <ServerListeners> section <ServerListener> <BaseClass>myapp.module.WowConfigurator</BaseClass> </ServerListener> The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifications to a file

I have a file whose format is shown below. It has a table of numbers. In this case, I have 16 values in 12 rows. I want to select a position in the table, example, the 5th number at row 5. I need to change the value in that position by a certain amount and output the file with the modifiation. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifications using Lookup file

I have 2 files. File 1 delimited by ";" File 1: 001;0;11223;xx;N;1001051;124;1;1;1001051;110;0;A_15;D;DX;U 001;0;8830943;xx;P;1226040;978;1;0;1226040;110;0;A_15;D;DX;H 001;0;10946903;xx;N;1300496;978;1;1;1300496;110;0;A_17;D;DX;H... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthiv
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sentence delimiter in perl: modifications needed

Hello, I found this Perl Script on the EuroParl website which does Sentence Splitting. #!/usr/bin/perl -w # Based on Preprocessor written by Philipp Koehn binmode(STDIN, ":utf8"); binmode(STDOUT, ":utf8"); binmode(STDERR, ":utf8"); use FindBin qw($Bin); use strict; my $mydir =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
0 Replies
TE(1p)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						    TE(1p)

NAME
te (table editor) - front-end that simplifies editing tab-delimited text tables SYNOPSIS
te file1 [ file2 ... ] DESCRIPTION
This program makes it easier to edit tab-delimited ASCII tables, such as are used with Interchange (see icdevgroup.org), and can be exported from many popular spreadsheet and database applications. It converts tab-delimited ASCII files that have one record per line into temporary files with one field per line, each line beginning with the field name. It then sends each file to your favorite text editor. After you exit your editor, it checks to see if you changed anything in the file, and if so, it converts the data back to the tab-delimited format with one record per line, and replaces the original file. The first line of each input file must contain the field names, tab-delimited, that apply for that file. Editing is pretty straightforward when you see it in action. The rules are: o Empty lines are ignored. o Comment lines (beginning with "#") are ignored at the beginning of the file, and terminate a record in the middle. o The fields in the first record are used in all subsequent records, and the order in which they are specified are the order in which the columns will be written. o To delete a column, delete its line in the first record. o To change which order the columns are in, re-order the first record. o To add a column, add it to the first record (and as many subsequent records as you wish). Note that if you're using the "extended" option (-e), you can't add new columns, because they can't be distinguished from the extended fields that go into the serialized hash. You'd need to do that in a separate pass. o If you delete a column, you do not need to delete it from every record; any instances of that field in records after the first will be ignored. o Any space left after the field name and colon (like "fieldname:") will be included as part of the field. Any tabs you put in the field data itself will be converted to spaces (as they would corrupt the table otherwise). o A record can be deleted by removing all its fields. A new record can be added by inserting a new block of all fields at a record boundary. o If any errors are encountered, such as non-existent field names or lines that don't follow the prescribed format, processing aborts immediately and the original file is left untouched. You can edit several files in succession by naming each on the command line. The editor will be called for each one independently. If you start editing many files and decide you want to stop, add a line "#DONE" anywhere in the temporary file and save it. The current file will be processed and saved, but the rest will be skipped. As is customary with many Unix applications, you can set the environment variables VISUAL or EDITOR to point to your favorite text editor. If neither of those is set, my favorite editor, vi(1) is used. Options will also be read from environment variable TE_OPTIONS if it is set. AUTHOR
Jon Jensen <jon@endpoint.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2008 Jon Jensen and others Copyright (C) 2001-2002 Red Hat, Inc. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License at http://www.fsf.org/copyleft/gpl.html for more details. VERSION
2008-04-12 02:33:40 CHANGELOG
2001-04-26. Initial release. 2001-05-04. Make temporary file in working directory instead of using POSIX::tmpnam. Keep ownership and permissions of original file. Fixed bug that caused fields with number "0" to be output as empty strings. 2001-05-06. Fix problem with how temporary file names were generated. 2001-07-31. Check for VISUAL environment variable, and handle editor options there or in EDITOR if given. Take advantage of Digest::MD5's native file reading instead of doing it ourselves. 2001-10-03. Added gvim support by forcing foreground option -f. 2002-07-23. Remove line endings whether CR, LF, or CRLF, instead of using running Perl's platform-specific chomp. If preserving a trailing solitary CR in the last field of a line is important, you'll want to change this behavior. 2002-08-30. Add option -s for starting value support (really only vi). te -s os28004 <file> Jumps to first occurrence of "os28004" in <file>. Option -i ignores case in the search. (By Mike Heins.) 2002-09-02. Add option -f to handle files without field names. 2002-09-03. Add option -n to number rows in comments. Allow setting of persistent options in environment variable TE_OPTIONS. 2004-06-07. Fixed bug that misinterpreted file as having no data rows when last line of file was empty. 2005-08-29. Added ability to delete, re-order, or add columns by placing them in the first record. 2005-11-15. Added support for extended columns containing Perl serialized hashes with the -e option. 2008-04-11. Added option -o to write output to a file and exit, never invoking an editor. By Greg Sabino Mullane. perl v5.14.2 2011-03-09 TE(1p)