Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Platforms using Unix
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Platforms using Unix Post 302370540 by Megadrink on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 07:05:33 PM
Old 11-11-2009
Platforms using Unix

Hi Smilie

Which hardware platforms/machine types use the Operating System Unix?

A list of all would be appreaciated

Thx

Megadrink Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zipping across platforms

I saw a few posts on this, however, I am getting an error and don't see this particular issue. Not right off anyways.... We moved from digital OS to solaris 9 in Jan. On the old platform, I could gzip my files, ftp them to my win2000 desktop via hummingbird and then unzip them to view. Now,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
8 Replies

2. Programming

How to get process name from process id in all Unix platforms?

Hi, i need to find the process name using the process id in C. This has to be done in HP, AIX, Solaris & Linux?? How can this be done? Is there any common solution to all platforms? On linux i have heard that /proc/<pid>/cmdline can be used. Is there a structure available to read this? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molu
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Patch Management over mixed unix platforms

Does anyone know of any tools that manage the rollout of patches across multiple types of Unix platform ( eg Solaris, Aix etc ). I am looking for something that does a similiar job to SMS or WSUS in the Windows world (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Different Platforms on Solaris?

Does anyone know how Solaris organises different platforms? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gc40
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running "df -k" on all UNIX platforms

Hi, I'm writing a wrapper that tells me the free space and percentage on some file systems. I need it to work on all UNIX and Linux platforms. Currently I'm thinking about a good regular expression that covers all platforms by using "df -k", but I'm not sure it's the best. It's a lot of work and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moshmosh
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Platforms

Hi. Where can i learn, Which Unix platform specific for what? Properties? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Enrgy
1 Replies

7. Programming

How do I find the MAC address in C on different UNIX platforms?

I need to find the MAC address of the ethernet cards on the host machine from the C language. I have found a way to do this on Linux using socket(), ioctl() and the ifreq structure. But this does not seem to work on AIX, HP/UX and probably the others I need (Solaris, SCO, Alpha etc). Is there a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pug
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ACL (POSIX and NFSv4) Support over NFS shared drives on different Unix platforms

Hello, I have a question regarding ACLs and their availability across different Unix platforms via NFS share. If I have an AIX/FreeBSD/Solaris/HP-UX client that has an nfs share from a different system mounted on it, will the ACLs on the nfs share be processed properly? My guess is that as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multichecks across all unix platforms

Can somebody refer me following multicheck to perform across most of unix platform like AIX, HP-UX, solaris, Linux. CPU utilization above X% Check IO above X% Swap usage check above X% Memory utilization above X% ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendtoshailesh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

String parsing help across multiple UNIX platforms

Need to parse XML like strings from a file. Using `egrep -A 1 "Panel Temp" "$2" | tail -2` I get the following string: <parameter name="Panel Temp" unit="0.1 C"> <value size="1" starttime="06-08-2017 09:36:56.968">95</value> I want to output: {"Panel Temp" 9.5 C} The 9.5 C is the value... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: harleyvrodred
16 Replies
ddi_intr_get_supported_types(9F)										  ddi_intr_get_supported_types(9F)

NAME
ddi_intr_get_supported_types - return information on supported hardware interrupt types SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/conf.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_intr_get_supported_types(dev_info_t *dip, int *typesp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) dip Pointer to dev_info structure typesp Pointer to supported interrupt types The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function retrieves the interrupt types supported by a particular hardware device and by the system soft- ware. Upon successful return, the supported types are returned as a bit mask in the integer pointed to by the typesp argument. See <sys/ddi_intr.h> for a list of interrupts that can be returned by a hardware device. For PCI devices that support MSI and/or MSI-X based hardware, this interface returns only the interrupt types that are supported by all the hardware in the path to the hardware device. An interrupt type is usable by the hardware device if it is returned by the ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function. The device driver can be programmed to use one of the returned interrupt types to receive hardware interrupts. The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function returns: DDI_SUCCESS On success. DDI_EINVAL On encountering invalid input parameters. DDI_INTR_NOTFOUND Returned when the hardware device is found not to support any hardware interrupts. CONTEXT
The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function can be called from user or kernel non-interrupt context. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pci(4), attributes(5), pcmcia(7D), sysbus(4), ddi_intr_add_handler(9F), ddi_intr_alloc(9F), ddi_intr_enable(9F) The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function can be called by the device driver even at any time if the driver has added an interrupt han- dler for a given interrupt type. Soft interrupts are always usable and are not returned by this interface. Any consumer of this interface should verify that the return value is not equal to DDI_SUCCESS. Incomplete checking for failure codes could result in inconsistent behavior among platforms. 07 Apr 2005 ddi_intr_get_supported_types(9F)