Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Configure wifi throught console problem, GUI is OK Post 302370486 by wakatana on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 03:30:47 PM
Old 11-11-2009
nobody Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help needed to configure GUI with Slackware 7 on an IBM Thinkpad Laptop

I am using Slackware 7 on my IBM Thinkpad. I am unable to configure it to display a graphical environment. Typing startx usually generates a few errors. The system, however, does boot into the shell environment without any issues or problems. I have been able to setup Slackware 7 successfully... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrienb
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Non-gui equivalent to SMC Management Console?

Forgive my naievety, but is there a non-Gui version of the administration tool, SMC? I need to run this on a remote Putty login and it is just plain UNIX. When I invoke SMC, I get java.lang.ClassLoader errors, a bunch of jibberish and a root prompt. I have searched Google, seems as if it... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wifi in linux problem

hi, i'm really new at this. i recently installed ubuntu on my machine and have that and vista installed now. but in ubuntu i cant connect wirelessly to the internet. i'm not using a wifi card the wifi is built into the laptop. can anybody help me configure ubuntu to use the wifi. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naner9
4 Replies

4. Linux

How to install or configure my WiFi?

Hi every body i m new using mandriva 2009 spring linux and i need to cofigure my wifi i have nexx card 54M 8085 it drivers in windows say realtec (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaa1
1 Replies

5. Solaris

configure iplanet DS for SSL without console?

Hey guys, Is it possible to configure iplanet DS for SSL without the DS console? I cannot find any documentation regarding it. The iplanet DS document only references using the DS console which I do not have. In Sun One, you can use dsadm to import certs however that is not available in iplanet... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
0 Replies

6. SCO

Console GUI kicks me after 30 seconds. Licensing issue?

I have two SCO servers. On one I can logon to the gui via console with no problem. However, on the other I can logon to the gui but after a few seconds it kicks me back out to the prompt. I asked previous admin about this and he seems to think its a license issue? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
7 Replies

7. HP-UX

When connecting to HPUX gui console it is grey screen?

My screen is grey when i connect to gui console (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Need to configure my laptop Thinkpad - T430 as wifi hotspot

Hi All, I have a Thinkpad - T430, which is having the wireless card as "03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205". This one i need to configure as wifi hotspot. which i believe need to configure hostapd.conf, this kind of configuration is new to me anybody done... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
1 Replies
console(7D)							      Devices							       console(7D)

NAME
console - STREAMS-based console interface SYNOPSIS
/dev/console DESCRIPTION
The file /dev/console refers to the system console device. /dev/console should be used for interactive purposes only. Use of /dev/console for logging purposes is discouraged; syslog(3C) or msglog(7D) should be used instead. The identity of this device depends on the EEPROM or NVRAM settings in effect at the most recent system reboot; by default, it is the ``workstation console'' device consisting of the workstation keyboard and frame buffer acting in concert to emulate an ASCII terminal (see wscons(7D)). Regardless of the system configuration, the console device provides asynchronous serial driver semantics so that, in conjunction with the STREAMS line discipline module ldterm(7M), it supports the termio(7I) terminal interface. SEE ALSO
syslog(3C), termios(3C), ldterm(7M), termio(7I), msglog(7D), wscons(7D) NOTES
In contrast to pre-SunOS 5.0 releases, it is no longer possible to redirect I/O intended for /dev/console to some other device. Instead, redirection now applies to the workstation console device using a revised programming interface (see wscons(7D)). Since the system console is normally configured to be the work station console, the overall effect is largely unchanged from previous releases. See wscons(7D) for detailed descriptions of control sequence syntax, ANSI control functions, control character functions and escape sequence functions. SunOS 5.10 23 Apr 1999 console(7D)