Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX p595 LPAR no longer sees SAN boot disk Post 302370407 by rwesterik on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 09:21:10 AM
Old 11-11-2009
Problem was EMC related.

Thanks for your suggestion. It indeed was a SCSI reservation type of problem. Related to a nondisruptive EMC code upgrade. EMC is looking into it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

LPAR and vio disk mapping

We have a frame the uses 2 vios that assign disk storage to LPAR's. We have a LPAr with multiple disk and I want to know how do I tell which vio is serving the disk. For example the LPAr has hdisk 0, 1, 2, 3 all the same size. I want to know which vio is serving hdisk0, 1. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris in a SAN BOOT

My current situation is like this, I have a v440 connected to a netapp central storage 3140 via fiber channel, my OS and oracle is installed in the internal drive of the v440. What I would like to do is to advertise another LUN in netapp to the v440 and let my v440 boot from it so I can start... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
3 Replies

3. AIX

VIO SAN STORAGE LPAR ( Dynamically increasing size )

Hi, Is there a way to dynamically increase the size of virtual disk on the LPAR. The virtual disk is coming from my VIO Server. From my SAN I have allocated a disk to VIO Server and from VIO Server to my LPAR....If I increase the space of the logical SAN DISK (DS 4700 using IBM TotalStorage... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

4. AIX

VIO Backing Disk LPAR how to find which one ?

hello Folks, my vio: $ lsmap -all SVSA Physloc Client Partition ID --------------- -------------------------------------------- ------------------ vhost0 U9117.MMA.6534BE4-V2-C11 0x00000003 VTD ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Identify Boot from SAN

How to identify the server is BOOT FROM SAN. Also how one can find from which device it is booted? Thanks Rahul Double post, continued here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul.kurumkar
0 Replies

6. AIX

VIO and LPAR disk/fcs communications

:wall::wall::wall: 1. I have created an LPAR in the HMC. 2. I have allocated the storage from an Hitachi AMS2500 and assigned it to the host group. 3. I have zoned the LPAR and Storage on a Brocade 5100. (The zone sees the AMS) Next I activated the LPAR in the HMC, SMS mode for the mksysb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dallasguy7
3 Replies

7. AIX

Adding disk to my lpar

hi all i have entered Aix environment 4 months had experienced in linux what i am facing is i am unable to do sort of RnD with aix like installation on my own, creating vgs managing networks, the VIOS, storage,lpars, So we have a setup here almost all are in live production environment with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vax
4 Replies

8. AIX

LPAR cannot added disk

Dear All, I created a new partition through "Integrated Virtualization Manager" but there have an error when I added a new disk to the partition. The disk already created without any issue, Below error is to add the disk to the partition An error occured while modifying the assignments... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lckdanny
5 Replies

9. AIX

AIX LPAR FC connection to SAN

Hi all, In my system, I have HMC 7 with Power Machine 6 & 7. On the managed system, we have many lpars. In some lpars, I can see they are using virtual fiber channel to connect to DS8K storage. In search with google, I understand that it is configured with VIOS server to share the physical FC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX - SAN Mount and Unmount on LPAR

We have 2 LPAR. LPAR #1 have a Application, Database Server process (ctree Server) and SAN+Physical Table. LPAR#2 has only Application. Both Application process are connected to Database via C-tree Server Process (Running on LPAR #1.. We want to keep one Active C-tree Server and one Backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabhanes
1 Replies
bootconf(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       bootconf(4)

NAME
bootconf - boot device configuration table DESCRIPTION
The file contains the address and disk layout type of the system's boot devices or lif volumes. It is used by the and HP-UX kernel control scripts (fileset to determine how and where to update the initial boot loader. Normally the kernel's script queries the system's hardware and creates the file. In rare cases when either the system configuration cannot be automatically determined or additional and/or alternate boot devices should be automatically updated, the administrator must edit the file manually. There is one line in the file for each boot device. Each line contains the following blank-separated fields in the order shown: disk type A flag indicating how the file system(s) on the disk are laid out. The flag must be one of the following: Indicates that the root disk is in LVM or VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM) format. If LVM or VxVM mirrors are used, then each of the "mirrors" must have its own line in the file. Indicates that the root disk is in the "whole disk" format with no partitions, but boot and swap space are reserved outside the file system. device file The absolute path of the device special file that accesses the physical device where the boot area is located. For LVM root disks, the device special file is the physical volume(s) returned by the command. For "whole disks" this is the device file that references the entire disk. Blank lines are permitted. Any line beginning with a is considered to be a comment. DIAGNOSTICS
The Software Distributor log file contains diagnostic messages under the fileset if the file is incorrect. Most of the messages are self- explanatory; a few warrant additional explanation: If there are no other messages about the file is probably empty. Otherwise, the file is not in the proper format, and the other messages will explain what the problem is. The specified device file does not point to a disk where there is a lif which contains the file Some character other than or is in the first field of a line. As of release 10.0, the boot areas in must all be on the same type of disk layout. There are characters after the device file specification. EXAMPLES
The boot area is on an LVM root disk: l /dev/disk/disk7_p2 The boot area is on a whole disk layout: w /dev/disk/disk7 WARNINGS
All of the boot devices in the file must have the same disk layout. AUTHOR
was developed by the Hewlett-Packard Company. FILES
SEE ALSO
mediainit(1), hpux(1M), hpux.efi(1M), mkboot(1M), vgdisplay(1M), lif(4), intro(7). documentation. bootconf(4)