Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Problem with accessing subversion installed on unix server through windows GUI Post 302370384 by aasid on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 08:25:10 AM
Old 11-11-2009
Problem with accessing subversion installed on unix server through windows GUI

We are using subversion as a version control system in our project. We are connecting to client`s sun Solaris box through check point VPN. Client has installed subversion .
We have created repository and add files to it. Now we want to access the same from our windows machine (through tortoise svn client). Is it possible?

Also the client team want to access the svn through GUI (From Windows using tortoise client ) in their local network. if it is possible what will be URL for the same?
Can we know in what way the subversion has been installed (plain svn serve or through apache http server).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Looking for a subversion GUI for Solaris 9

If available. Didn't see any on the tigris website. Don't have the programming experience to create one. Any third party software would do, too. Client isn't command line friendly. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Running MS-windows GUI from unix/linux

Hi i need some help , i would like to run a GUI application on windows from unix i dont need to see the gui just to activate it from remote . it shoud be from CLI on the unix . thanks GUY (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koreng
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

accessing windows 2k3 partition from Linux Advance Server 3

Dear all i hav dual operating system ie windows 2003 and Red Hat Advance Server3 trying to mount windows partition on linux operating system using the following method 1)mkdir /mnt/windows 2)mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows mount: fs type ntf not supported by kernel and my kernel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
2 Replies

6. Solaris

X-windows Problem /GUI Installation fails

Guys, I am trying to install few products on my solaris 10 box. One of these installation would go as GUI installation. Whenever i run the setup, it throws an error message saying that GUI could not be started. What all things i need to check on server side as well as client (my windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing windows server

Hello guys, i have a scenario that i need to run some commands on a unix machine and them connect on a windows server machine stop some services and them back to the Unix machine do another commands.. There is a way to do that with shell script? tks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paddock
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accessing windows files from unix

Hello, I am new to Unix and I would like to know how can I see my files from Windows desktop. When I type ls, I can see a list of files-directories including Desktop, but when I cd Desktop, and then ls there is a message 'Link to old Desktop'. (The big picture is to build a sundials library but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s097
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

10. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies
SVN-ALL-FAST-EXPORT(1)					      General Commands Manual					    SVN-ALL-FAST-EXPORT(1)

NAME
svn-all-fast-export - tool to convert svn repositories into git SYNOPSIS
svn-all-fast-export [options] [Path to subversion repository] DESCRIPTION
svn-all-fast-export is a tool to convert your svn repositories to git. You will need to have a copy of your svn repository and to write some rules to specify how the conversion will be done, for instance, you can manage how the tags and branches will be managed writing the appropriate rules. You have examples in /usr/share/doc/svn-all-fast- export/samples Path to subversion repository is a backup copy of the subversion repository. Note that an svn url will not work due to the undistributed nature of svn. OPTIONS
--identity-map Provide map between svn username and email. You can provide a file mapping the old svn accounts to the authors names. This file must have a line per each svn account, you can use either the svn-all-fast-export native format: janesvnaccountname Jane Doe <jane.doe@example.com> or the git-svn format: janesvnaccountname = Jane Doe <jane.doe@example.com> --revisions-file Provide a file with revisions numbers that should be processed. This file should have one revision number per line. --rules The rules file that determines what goes where. See /usr/share/doc/svn-all-fast-export/samples --add-metadata If passed, each git commit will have svn commit info. --resume-from Start importing at svn revision number. --max-rev Stop importing at svn revision number. --dry-run Don't actually write anything. --debug-rules Print what rule is being used for each file. --commit-interval number If passed the cache will be flushed to git every number of commits. --stats After a run, print some statistics. --svn-branches Use the content of SVN when creating branches, Note: SVN tags are branches as well. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. RETURN VALUES
This program returns 0 on success, on error something else (numbers in base 10): 10 unrecognized option or missing argument 11 no rules file specified BUGS
All matching rules need to end with a '/', else the tool will crash at some point. The only exception are the rules using the recurse- action. HOMEPAGE
http://gitorious.org/svn2git SEE ALSO
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/MoveToGit/UsingSvn2Git AUTHORS
svn-all-fast-export was written by Thiago Macieira and Thomas Zander. April 25, 2010 SVN-ALL-FAST-EXPORT(1)