Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Averaging
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Averaging Post 302370324 by thegeek on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 05:00:22 AM
Old 11-11-2009
ok, you are explanations are clear.

Do total/366 only at every 4th time... What suggestion you want ?! or What is the doubt you have here ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - averaging $3 by info in $1

Hello, I have three columns of data of the format below: <name> <volume> <size> a 2 1.2 a 2 1.1 b 3 1.7 c 0.7 1.9 c 0.7 1.9 c 0.7 1.8 What I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itisthus
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging segments

Hi, I have a file that I want to average. So specifically I want to average every third column for each row. Here is an example of my file 2 2 2 3 3 3 1 1 1 5 5 5 Heres what I want it to look like after averaging every third column 2 3 1 5 thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging multiple columns

Hello, I am trying to average multiple columns simultaneously while skipping the first column. I am using this awk line to average one column awk '{sum+=$3} END { print "Average = ",sum/NR}' But I want to be able to do it for multiple columns while skipping the first column. There... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gisele_l
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging segments and including the name

Hello, I have a awk line that averages rows. So if my file looks like this: Jack 1 1 1 1 1 1 Joe 1 1 1 1 1 1 Jerry 0 0 0 0 0 0 John 1 1 1 0 0 0 The awk line below skips column 1 and then averaged the rows awk -F'\t' -v r=3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Averaging the rows using 'awk'

Dear all, I have the data in the following format. I want to do average of each NR= 5 (rows) for all the 3 ($1,$2, $3) columns and want to print average result in another file in the same format. I dont know how to write code for this in 'awk', can some one help me to write a code for this in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arvindr
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hourly averaging using Awk

Hey all, I have a set of 5-second data as shown below. I need to find an hourly average of this data. date co2 25/06/2011 08:04:00 8.30 25/06/2011 08:04:05 8.31 25/06/2011 08:04:10 8.32 25/06/2011 08:04:15 8.33 25/06/2011 08:04:20 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gd9629
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging help in awk

Hi all, I have a data file like below, where Time is in the second column DATE TIME FRAC_DAYS_SINCE_JAN1 2011-06-25 08:03:20.000 175.33564815 2011-06-25 08:03:25.000 175.33570602... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gd9629
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

averaging columns

Hi, I have a file that has 201 columns (1 for the name of each row and the other 200 are values) I want to print the average for each column the file looks like this (as an example this only has 7 columns with values) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 abr 5 6 7 1 2 4 5 hhr 2 1 3 4 ... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging 3 files

Hi, I am trying to average the values from 3 files with the same format. They are very large files so I will describe the file and show some it of. Basically the file has 83 columns (with nearly 7000 rows). The first three columns are the same for each file while the remaining 80 are values... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging 3 files with multiple rows

Hi, I am trying to average the values from 3 files with the same format. They are very large files so I will describe the file and show some it of. Basically the file has 83 columns (with nearly 7000 rows). The first three columns are the same for each file while the remaining 80 are values that... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
ttk::combobox(n)						 Tk Themed Widget						  ttk::combobox(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::combobox - text field with popdown selection list SYNOPSIS
ttk::combobox pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::combobox combines a text field with a pop-down list of values; the user may select the value of the text field from among the values in the list. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-exportselection exportSelection] Boolean value. If set, the widget selection is linked to the X selection. [-justify justify] Specifies how the text is aligned within the widget. One of left, center, or right. [-height height] Specifies the height of the pop-down listbox, in rows. [-postcommand postCommand] A Tcl script to evaluate immediately before displaying the listbox. The -postcommand script may spec- ify the -values to display. [-state state] One of normal, readonly, or disabled. In the readonly state, the value may not be edited directly, and the user can only select one of the -values from the dropdown list. In the normal state, the text field is directly editable. In the disabled state, no interaction is possible. [-textvariable textVariable] Specifies the name of a variable whose value is linked to the widget value. Whenever the variable changes value the widget value is updated, and vice versa. [-values values] Specifies the list of values to display in the drop-down listbox. [-width width] Specifies an integer value indicating the desired width of the entry window, in average-size characters of the widget's font. WIDGET COMMAND
pathName cget option Returns the current value of the specified option. See ttk::widget(n). pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...? Modify or query widget options. See ttk::widget(n). pathName current ?newIndex? If newIndex is supplied, sets the combobox value to the element at position newIndex in the list of -values. Otherwise, returns the index of the current value in the list of -values or -1 if the current value does not appear in the list. pathName get Returns the current value of the combobox. pathName identify x y Returns the name of the element at position x, y. See ttk::widget(n). pathName instate stateSpec ?script? Test the widget state. See ttk::widget(n). pathName set value Sets the value of the combobox to value. pathName state ?stateSpec? Modify or query the widget state. See ttk::widget(n). The combobox widget also supports the following ttk::entry widget commands (see ttk::entry(n) for details): bbox delete icursor index insert selection xview VIRTUAL EVENTS
The combobox widget generates a <<ComboboxSelected>> virtual event when the user selects an element from the list of values. If the selec- tion action unposts the listbox, this event is delivered after the listbox is unposted. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::entry(n) KEYWORDS
choice, entry, list box, text box, widget Tk 8.5 ttk::combobox(n)