Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find pattern, and then last field from subsequent lines Post 302370266 by Yorkie99 on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 01:57:32 AM
Old 11-11-2009
Hi... thanks for the suggestions... but they don't work. I'm working on Ubuntu rather than Solaris... wouldn't have thought it would make that much of a difference but it obviously does

steadyonabix: when I use that line, I get zero output
radoulov: when I use that line, I get mumbled junk, looks like the fields are overwriting each other
tip78: when I use that script, I just get loads of errors of type...

Use of uninitialized value $1 in concatenation (.) or string at ./test.pl line 7, <FH> line 1618.
Use of uninitialized value $1 in concatenation (.) or string at ./test.pl line 7, <FH> line 1619.
Use of uninitialized value $1 in concatenation (.) or string at ./test.pl line 7, <FH> line 1620.

Thanks for the suggestions though.. I'll keep looking at it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find pattern and replace another field

HI all I have a problem, I need to replace a field in a file, but only in the lines that have some pattern, example: 100099C01101C00000000059394200701CREoperadora_TX 100099C01201C00000000000099786137OPERADORA_TX2 in the example above I need to change the first field from 1 to 2 only if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergiioo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying lines of a file where the second field matches a pattern

Howdy. I know this is most likely possible using sed or awk or grep, most likely a combination of them together, but how would one go about running a grep like command on a file where you only try to match your pattern to the second field in a line, space delimited? Example: You are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezoX
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk text record - prepend first field to all subsequent fields

Hello everyone, I've suddenly gotten very interested in sed and awk (and enjoying it quite a bit too) because of a large conversion project that we're working on. I'm currently stuck with a very inefficient process for processing text blocks. I'm sure someone here should be able to easily point out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameswatson3
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - use fields from subsequent lines

I've run into a problem getting exactly what I want out of awk - some folks may recognize this as an output from Amazon's ec2-describe-instances: Given the following: INSTANCE i-4960f321 BLOCKDEVICE Line2Var2 TAG instance i-4960f321 Name web1 TAG instance i-4960f321... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colinjohnson
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the word from pattern line and update in subsequent lines till next pattern line reached

Hi, I have got the below requirement. please suggest. I have a file like, Processing Item is: /data/ing/cfg2/abc.txt /data/ing/cfg3/bgc.txt Processing Item is: /data/cmd/for2/ght.txt /data/kernal/config.klgt.txt I want to process the above file to get the output file like, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need command for grepping pattern lines with subsequent lines

Hi, I have a requirement like, I have a list of pattens in a file say pattern.txt, PHC111 PHC113 and in another file called master.lst i have entries like, PHC111 a b PHC112 a PHC113 b c PHC114 d e (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: print lines with one of multiple pattern in the same field (column)

Hi all, I am new to using awk and am quickly discovering what a powerful pattern-recognition tool it is. However, I have what seems like a fairly basic task that I just can't figure out how to perform in one line. I want awk to find and print all the lines in which one of multiple patterns (e.g.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: elgo4
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find pattern in first field of file

Hello all I have two files. 1. Pattern.txt - It contains patterns to be matched. It has large number of patterns to be matched. Cat Pattern.txt Ram Shyam Mohan Jhon I have another file which has actual data and records are delimted by single or multiple spaces. 2.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print field after pattern in all lines

data: hello--hello1--hello2--#growncars#vello--hello3--hello4--jello#growncars#dello--gello--gelloA--gelloB#growncars# I want to be able to print all the values that are found between the patterns "#growncars#" and the next "#growncars#" on the same line. so the output should be: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies
dscpmk(7ipp)						   IP Quality of Service Modules					      dscpmk(7ipp)

NAME
dscpmk - Differentiated Services Code Point Marker DESCRIPTION
The dscpmk marker is an action module that is executed as a result of classifying or metering packets. It sets a codepoint in the IP header as defined in RFC-2474: Definition of the Differentiated Services Field (DS Field) in the IPv4 and IPv6 Headers. STATISTICS
The dscpmk module exports the following statistics available through kstat: Global statistics: module: dscpmk instance: <action id> name: dscpmk stats class <action name> crtime snaptime npackets <number of packets> epackets <number of packets in error> ipackets <number of packets not processed> dscp_unchanged <number of packets with DSCP unchanged> dscp_changed <number of packets with DSCP changed> Also, for each DSCP the following is exported: module: dscpmk instance: <action id> name: dscpmk_dscp0x<DSCP> value class: <action name> dscp <DSCP value> npackets <number of packets for this DSCP> FILES
/kernel/ipp/sparcv9/dscpmk 64-bit module (SPARC only.) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWqos | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ipqosconf(1M), dlcosmk(7ipp), flowacct(7ipp), ipqos(7ipp), ipgpc(7ipp), tokenmt(7ipp), tswtclmt(7ipp) RFC 2474, Definition of the Differentiated Services Field (DS Field) in the IPv4 and IPv6 Headers K. Nichols, S. Blake, F. Baker, D. Black -- The Internet Society, 1998 SunOS 5.11 29 Sep 2004 dscpmk(7ipp)