Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assigning value of SQL output to a variable in shell scripting Post 302370257 by sgmini on Wednesday 11th of November 2009 01:38:17 AM
Old 11-11-2009
if i give the first code its giving the error as 'ksh: select COLUMN_NAME_1 from TABLE_NAME where COLUMN_NAME_2='VALUE_TO_CHECK': not found'.

and for the second its just displaying the select statement as it is Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign sql output data to shell script variable

Hi Guys ! I am new to unix and want to find out how we can make sql statement data to shell script variable? Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated -Chandra (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kattics
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning command output to a shell variable

I have the sql file cde.sql with the below contents: abcdefghij abcwhendefothers sdfghj when no one else when others wwhen%others exception when others Now I want to search for the strings containing when others together and ceck whether that does not occur more than once in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprattip
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning nawk output to shell variable

Hello friends, I doing the follwing script , but found problem to store it to a shell variable. #! /bin/sh for temp in `find ./dat/vector/ -name '*.file'` do echo $temp nawk -v temp=$temp 'BEGIN{ split(temp, a,"\/"); print a}' done output: ./dat/vector/drf_all_002.file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning output of command to a variable in shell

hi, I want to assign find command result into some temporary variable: jarPath= find /opt/lotus/notes/ -name $jarFile cho "the jar path $jarPath" where jarPath is temporary variable. Can anybody help on this. Thanks in advance ----Sankar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar reddy
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning output to a variable

I am new to unix shell scripting. I was trying to convert each lines in a file to upper case. I know how to convert the whole file. But here i have to do line by line. I am getting it in the below mentioned script #!/bin/bash #converting lower to upper in a file #tr "" "" <file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpmena
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql output to shell variable

Hi I tried searching but I used to see , this has been answered may times. But I could not find. I am looking a SQLPLUS output to be assigned to shell variable. This is what I coded. ##/bin/ksh sqlplus dmishr/mishra#09@ps004d.world <<ENDOFSQL spool abc.log SET ECHO OFF NEWP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning return value of an embedded SQL in a shell script variable

I've a script of the following form calling a simple sql that counts the no of rows as based on some conditions. I want the count returned by the sql to get assigned to the variable sql_ret_val1. However I'm finding that this var is always getting assigned a value of 0. I have verified by executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MxC
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store output into variable-in unix shell scripting

Hi, Output of "ps -o etime,time,pcpu,pmem,fname -C sbd-java" command is - Elapsed Time %cpu %MEM COMMAND 02:14:03 00:03:28 2.5 6.3 sbd-java Can anyone tell me, how to store the the value 2.5 in a variable? When I say echo $X where x is a variable then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning bc output to a variable

I'm converting decimal to integer with bc, and I'd like to assign the integer output from bc to a variable 'val'. E.g. In the code below: If b is 5000.000, lines 6 and 8 will output: 5000 (5000.000+0.5)/1 | bc I'd like val to take the value 5000 though, rather than 5000.000 Does someone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pina
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
EXECUTE(7)                                                         SQL Commands                                                         EXECUTE(7)

NAME
EXECUTE - execute a prepared statement SYNOPSIS
EXECUTE name [ ( parameter [, ...] ) ] DESCRIPTION
EXECUTE is used to execute a previously prepared statement. Since prepared statements only exist for the duration of a session, the pre- pared statement must have been created by a PREPARE statement executed earlier in the current session. If the PREPARE statement that created the statement specified some parameters, a compatible set of parameters must be passed to the EXECUTE statement, or else an error is raised. Note that (unlike functions) prepared statements are not overloaded based on the type or number of their parameters; the name of a prepared statement must be unique within a database session. For more information on the creation and usage of prepared statements, see PREPARE [prepare(7)]. PARAMETERS
name The name of the prepared statement to execute. parameter The actual value of a parameter to the prepared statement. This must be an expression yielding a value that is compatible with the data type of this parameter, as was determined when the prepared statement was created. OUTPUTS
The command tag returned by EXECUTE is that of the prepared statement, and not EXECUTE. EXAMPLES
Examples are given in the Examples [prepare(7)] section of the PREPARE [prepare(7)] documentation. COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard includes an EXECUTE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL. This version of the EXECUTE statement also uses a somewhat different syntax. SEE ALSO
DEALLOCATE [deallocate(7)], PREPARE [prepare(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 EXECUTE(7)