Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Firmware password
Operating Systems Solaris Firmware password Post 302370231 by Perderabo on Tuesday 10th of November 2009 10:36:30 PM
Old 11-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFullerMalv
If the security-mode is set to command then you can boot, you just cannot add any parameters to the boot command at the OBP level, so if the machine does boot off local OS (i.e. boot-device is set to disk) and you know the root password you can reset the prom password to a know one by doing:
If you don't know the root password but you have a second Blade 1500 available you can install an OS on it and make sure that you know the root password. Then switch the disk into the locked Blade 1500 and boot. Now you know the root password as can proceed down the path that Tony mentioned.

Note: I have never actually done this, but I believe it should work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Firmware on blade

Hi. I need to update firmware on a Js20 blade server I have and need to do it via Diagnostics CD, rather than using diag in AIX. So a little refresh on how to. Boot of the Diag CD, burn the firmware image to another CD-ROM and all set. Will I need to burn any additional files to the CD... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sprellari
1 Replies

2. AIX

Microcode vs Firmware

This ran through my mind while writing a doc, may be dumb one. I have seen people using the terms Microcode and Firmware in IBM system p world interchangeably. Firmware update or microcode update Is that right? Are they synonyms? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
4 Replies

3. Solaris

OpenBoot Firmware Password Recovery

So in the group of boxes I've inherited, I have one that has a firmware password. I do not know the root password of the machine nor the firmware password. I've tried several things already, such as: removing BIOS battery, double tap the power switch, and several variants of the STOP-A on a PC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
2 Replies

4. Hardware

Firmware

Hello forums this is my first post here im having an old adsl modem ZYXEL Prestige 660R i want to changet he firmware.it is using openwrt.but i have an inclination that incase i change the firmware then i will be no longer be left with the default user menu of the modem but i will have to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankscorek
16 Replies

5. Solaris

Firmware password Solaris Sun Fire v440

Hi: I bougth an used Sun Fire v440, and It have a firmware password. When I turn on the server, it ask for firmware password. (I don 't know what is the correct password). I can access to SC, but when I want to access to OBP, Firmware Password appears again. I remove the battery for two hours,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mguazzardo
1 Replies

6. Solaris

ILOM Firmware

Hi Guys, Anyone know where to get the firmware to upgrade the ilom from 3.0 to 3.2.1. Found reference to it on myoracle support, but then when you try to follow the links it's not there. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Martin (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
4 Replies

7. AIX

Password for Firmware woes!

Hi All, On wanting to re-install AIX 6.1 on to an RS 6000 Power 9111 285 station, I've tried to get in to SMS and also to boot from the DVD drive, but now the Firmware is locked and asking for the password. I originally set the password about 6 years ago and have forgotten it because I've never... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Box_the_Jack_in
14 Replies

8. Solaris

T5 Firmware clarification

Hello, I am going to upgrade the Firmware on a T5 Sparc server running Solaris 11.2 and just wanted to clarify a couple of things please. I have downloaded the Firmware patch P24441083_96, however this says it is based on ILOM 3.2.6. Ive been trying to find the download ilom 3.2.6 but each time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeman
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

HP UX firmware

Does unix servers need firmware updation regularly for smooth functioning? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjeeteast
2 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
mdbFontSize(5)							 The m17n Library						    mdbFontSize(5)

NAME
mdbFontSize - Font Size DESCRIPTION
In some case, a font contains incorrect information about its size (typically in the case of a hacked TrueType font), which results in a bad text layout when such a font is used in combination with the other fonts. To overcome this problem, the m17n library loads information about font-size adjustment from the m17n database by the tags <font, resize>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-SIZE-ADJUSTMENT ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ADJUST-RATIO ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ADJUST-RATIO ::= INTEGER FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. ADJUST-RATIO is an integer number specifying by percentage how much the font-size must be adjusted. For instance, this PER-FONT: ((devanagari-cdac) 150) instructs the font handler of the m17n library to open a font of 1.5 times bigger than a requested size on opening a font whose registry is 'devanagari-cdac'. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontSize(5)