Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Counting lines in multiple files Post 302370156 by danmero on Tuesday 10th of November 2009 02:44:07 PM
Old 11-10-2009
Something like:
Code:
awk '{a[FILENAME]++}END{for(i in a)print i,(a[i]-1)}' * > newfile

This User Gave Thanks to danmero For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting lines and files

Hi experts, First of all thanks for all your help. How can i count the lines within a text file and send this number to another text file? And by the way how can i count the number of files inside a tape ("/dev/rtp") that as one pattern (Ex. "/CTA/") and send this number to a text file? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files with AWK filtering and counting lines

Hi there, I have a couple of files I need to merge. I can do a simple merge by concatenating them into one larger file. But then I need to filter the file to get a desired result. The output looks like this: TRNH 0000000010941 ORDH OADR OADR ORDL ENDT 1116399 000000003... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meert
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace multiple lines in multiple files

i have to search a string and replace with multiple lines. example Input echo 'sample text' echo 'college days' output echo 'sample text' echo 'information on students' echo 'emp number' echo 'holidays' i have to search a word college and replace the multiple lines i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unihp1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the lines of diff files in loop

i have two file. i want to count the lines of each file one by one in loop and compare it. can any one pls help me on this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern search for multiple log files and counting

I have 10 appservers and each appserver has 4 jvms . Each of these logs is archived and stored on a nfs directory . For example the files are /logs/200907/ap1-jvm1.server.log.20090715.gz /logs/200907/ap2-jvm2.server.log.20090714.gz /logs/200908/ap1-jvm1.server.log.20090812.gz I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple files: counting

In a directory, I have 5000 multiple files that contains around 4000 rows with 10 columns in each file containing a unique string 'AT' located at 4th column. OM 3328 O BT 268 5.800 7.500 4.700 0.000 1.400 OM 3329 O BT 723 8.500 8.900... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanjuan
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting occurrences of all words in multiple files

Hey Unix gurus, I would like to count the number occurrences of all the words (regardless of case) across multiple files, preferably outputting them in descending order of occurrence. This is well beyond my paltry shell scripting ability. Researching, I can find many scripts/commands that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: twjolson
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Counting The Number of Lines Between Values with Multiple Variables

Hey everyone, I have a bunch of lines with values in field 4 that I am interested in. If these values are between 1 and 3 I want it to count all these values to all be counted together and then have the computer print out LOW and the number of lines with those values in between 1 and 3,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VagabondGold
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing carriage returns from multiple lines in multiple files of different number of columns

Hello Gurus, I have a multiple pipe separated files which have records going over multiple Lines. End of line separator is \n and records going over multiple lines have <CR> as separator. below is example from one file. 1|ABC DEF|100|10 2|PQ RS T|200|20 3| UVWXYZ|300|30 4| GHIJKL|400|40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dJHa
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)