Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use Perl to join multi-line into single line Post 302369920 by ghostdog74 on Tuesday 10th of November 2009 01:44:20 AM
Old 11-10-2009
Code:
$\ = "\n";             
$/ = "\n\n";
while (<>) {  chomp;  s/\n//g;   print $_ ;}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line output to single line

Hello, How can I take the following output: outputa outputb outputc and turn it into single line ouput, with a single space between each field like below: outputa outputb outputc (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multi-lines into one single line

Hi, Can anyone help me for merge the following multi-line log which beginning with a number and time: into one line. For each line need to delete the return and add a space. Please see the red color line. *****Original Log*****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyday
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use Perl to merge multi-line into single line

Hi, Can anyone know how to use perl to merge the following multi-line information which beginning with "BAM" into one line. For each line need to delete the return and add a space. Please see the red color line. ******Org. Multi-line) BAM admin 101.203.57.22 ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Merge multi-lines into one single line

Hello, Can anyone let me know how to use Perl script to Merge following multi-lines into one single line... ***** Multi-line***** FILE_Write root OK Tue Jul 01 00:00:00 2008 cl_get_path file descriptor = 1 FILE_Write root OK ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multi-line output into a single line

Hello I did do a search and the past threads doesn't really solve my issue. (using various awk commands) I need to combine the output from java -version into 1 line, but I am having difficulties. When you exec java -version, you get: java version "1.5.0_06" Java(TM) 2 Runtime... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi lines to single line

HI, My input file contains the data as like below: A1234119993 B6271113 Bghjkjk A1234119992 B6271113hi Bghjkjkmkl the output i require is : A1234119993 B6271113 Bghjkjk A1234119992 B6271113hi Bghjkjkmkl Please help me in this. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multi-line output to a single line in a group

Hi, My Oracle query is returing below o/p ---------------------------------------------------------- Ins trnas value a lkp1 x a lkp1 y b lkp1 a b lkp2 x b lkp2 y ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove multi line and single line comments

Hi, I am trying to remove multi line and single line comments like examples below I have tried this pattern. it works fine for single line comments and multi line comments in a single line only. but this fails when the comments are extended in multiple lines as shown in the comment 2 of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reformat single-line multi-fasta into multi-line multi-fasta

Input File: >Seq1 ASDADAFASFASFADGSDGFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSD >Seq2 SDASDAQEQWEQeqAdfaasd >Seq3 ASDSALGHIUDFJANCAGPATHLACJHPAUTYNJKG ...... Desired Output File >Seq1 ASDADAFASF ASFADGSDGF SDFSDFSDFS DFSDFSDFSD FSDFSDFSDF SD >Seq2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi line log files to single line format

I want to read the log file which was generate from other command . And the output was having multi line in log files for job name and server name. But i need to make all the logs on one line Source file 07/15/2018 17:02:00 TRANSLOG_1700 Server0005_SQL ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
2 Replies
Gtk2::RecentInfo(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Gtk2::RecentInfo(3)

NAME
Gtk2::RecentInfo HIERARCHY
Glib::Boxed +----Gtk2::RecentInfo METHODS
timestamp = $info->get_added; timestamp = $info->get_modified; timestamp = $info->get_visited; cut integer = $info->get_age (exec, count, timestamp) = $info->get_application_info ($app_name) o $app_name (string) (applications) = $info->get_applications string = $info->get_description string = $info->get_display_name boolean = $info->exists (groups) = $info->get_groups boolean = $info->has_application ($app_name) o $app_name (string) boolean = $info->has_group ($group_name) o $group_name (string) pixbuf = $info->get_icon ($size) o $size (integer) boolean = $info->is_local string = $info->last_application boolean = $info->match ($other_info) o $other_info (Gtk2::RecentInfo) string = $info->get_mime_type unix timestamp = $info->get_modified boolean = $info->get_private_hint string = $info->get_short_name string = $info->get_uri_display string = $info->get_uri unix timestamp = $info->get_visited SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Boxed COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2008 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Gtk2::RecentInfo(3)