Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How join line and add | in front Post 302369867 by happyday on Monday 9th of November 2009 09:53:02 PM
Old 11-09-2009
How join line and add | in front

Hello,

Did any one know how to use perl join line and add | in front

Input-->

timestamp=2009-11-10-04.55.20.829347;
a;
b;
c;
ddaa;

timestamp=2009-11-10-04.55.20.829347;
aa;
bb;
cc;

Output-->
|timestamp=2009-11-10-04.55.20.829347;a;b;c;ddaa;|timestamp=2009-11-10-04.55.20.829347;aa;bb;cc;

Thank You

HappyDay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding a character in front of a line

Hi everyon, I am trying to search for a pattern in a file and add "//" to the begining of the file. lets say i want to comment out a line from my codes. the line that should be commented out contains the word "reset". i need to search for the word "reset" and comment out that specific line. is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - adding a dynamic value to the front of a line

Hi Forum, Im trying to write some code to read a file, take a certain dynamic value and write it back to the file at the front of every line. For example, file.txt is: SIMPLE=HELLO CONFIDENTIAL=false SENDER=false REQUIRED=true FEEDBACK=false UPDATE=false REQUIRED=false MAPPING=true... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to add a word in front a of each line of a file

Hi, Can anybody help me how to add a word in front of a line in a file.Actually it is bit tricky to add a word. i will give a sample for this: Input : 1110001 ABC DEF 1110001 EFG HIJ 1110001 KLM NOP 1110002 QRS RST 1110002 UVW XYZ Output: %HD% 1110001 ABC DEF %DT% 1110001 EFG HIJ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apjneeraj
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add single digit in front of the word and line in the file.

Hi , how to add the single digit to front of the word and front of the lines in the one file with compare pattern file and get digit. like example pattern file pattern.txt pattern num bala 2 raja 3 muthu 4 File Name: chennai.dat muthu is good boy raja is bad boy selvam in super... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for adding a word in front of all line in a file

Hi I've one file full of paths of certain files and I want to add some extra file words in front of all the paths. for eg: i have a file name test.txt which show some details only.. 024_hd/044/0344eng.txt 035_bv/222/editor.jpg here I want to add /usr/people/indiana/ infront of all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshp
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stripping double quotes from front and end of a line

I have a file and some records may contain double quotes at beginning and at end of line. So how do I strip them? For Example, file is somethings like this Field1;Field2;Field3 01;'Test';'Test Field3' "01;'This is 2nd field';This is 3rd field' " Desired Output is: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
6 Replies

7. Linux

How to add \ in front of $ in a script with vi?

Please help to provide command in vi to add \ in front of $ so it does not interpret next character. rm interfaces/DART/WEB-INF/classes/DART/util/TotalDisconnectUtil$1.class rm interfaces/DART/WEB-INF/classes/DART/util/TotalDisconnectUtil$2.class rm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ywu081006
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add text in front of variable

I am just trying to add specific text in front of a ${variant} but can not seem to get the syntax correct. I have tried sed -i '$a NM_004004.5' ${variant} and printf "NM_004004.5:%s\n" ${variant} with no luck. Thank you :). (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a single quote in front of a line in vi editor

Hello Gurus, I wanted to put a single quote in every where starting with /oradata, and at the end with .dbf. For example I have one line as below: alter database rename datafile /oradata/test.dbf to /oradata_new/test.dbf I wanted as below alter database rename datafile '/oradata/test.dbf' to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to add space in front of cat values?

Hi, Hope you are all doing fine. The problem today i faced during my coding was i wanted to add a space equals to a tab character in front of all the lines which i am cat using tee command. Main file contents mainfile ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad man
4 Replies
GMDATE(3)								 1								 GMDATE(3)

gmdate - Format a GMT/UTC date/time

SYNOPSIS
string gmdate (string $format, [int $timestamp = time()]) DESCRIPTION
Identical to the date(3) function except that the time returned is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). PARAMETERS
o $format - The format of the outputted date string. See the formatting options for the date(3) function. o $timestamp - The optional $timestamp parameter is an integer Unix timestamp that defaults to the current local time if a $timestamp is not given. In other words, it defaults to the value of time(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns a formatted date string. If a non-numeric value is used for $timestamp, FALSE is returned and an E_WARNING level error is emitted. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | The valid range of a timestamp is typically from | | | Fri, 13 Dec 1901 20:45:54 GMT to Tue, 19 Jan 2038 | | | 03:14:07 GMT. (These are the dates that corre- | | | spond to the minimum and maximum values for a | | | 32-bit signed integer). However, before PHP 5.1.0 | | | this range was limited from 01-01-1970 to | | | 19-01-2038 on some systems (e.g. Windows). | | | | | 5.1.1 | | | | | | | There are useful constants of standard date/time | | | formats that can be used to specify the $format | | | parameter. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 gmdate(3) example When run in Finland (GMT +0200), the first line below prints "Jan 01 1998 00:00:00", while the second prints "Dec 31 1997 22:00:00". <?php echo date("M d Y H:i:s", mktime(0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1998)); echo gmdate("M d Y H:i:s", mktime(0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1998)); ?> SEE ALSO
date(3), mktime(3), gmmktime(3), strftime(3). PHP Documentation Group GMDATE(3)