Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print a line when NOT in a file Post 302369458 by cfajohnson on Sunday 8th of November 2009 05:23:20 PM
Old 11-08-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp7701
I have a list of words, one word per line, LIST1.TXT that I want to check for in another file, PARAGRAPHS.TXT. If the line from LIST1.TXT is NOT in PARAGRAPHS.TXT I want to print it to screen. The keyword here is NOT. If the word from LIST1.TXT is NOT in the file PARAGRAPHS.TXT, then I want to know about it. Print it to screen. Write it to file. No matter.

Code:
grep -vf PARAGRAPHS.TXT LIST1.TXT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print one line of Existing File

Hi all, I need to know what command/s I can use to print lines from a file. I cannot do pattern matching, so grepping for a string is not possible. I'd like to say "print line 3" etc. Any ideas? Ta. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print file line by line

I have a file where each line is a stream of text as follows, table1, select * from table1 table2, select * from table2 How do i loop through the file line by line? I have tried doing the following for line in `cat file.txt` do echo $line done and ... cat file.txt|while read line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print line whatever line i want in a file... there any way

Hi friends I need to get what ever line number i want Supplier.profile ----------------- SFTP/INVTRAN SFTP/INVSNAP GATEWAY/INVTRAN GATEWAY/INVSNAP ---------------- exec 0<$Supplier.profile while read LINE do echo $LINE (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print first and last line of a file

I need to print ist and last line of a file My file having abc def dfg jkl bnm outout will be abc bnm ---------- Post updated at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:16 PM ---------- pls help me out. Can any one do this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read file line by line print column wise

I have a .csv file which is seperated with (;) inputfile --------- ZZZZ;AAAA;BBB;CCCC;DDD;EEE; YYYY;BBBB;CCC;DDDD;EEE;FFF; ... ... reading file line by line till end of file. while reading each line output format should be . i need to print only specific columns let say 5th... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a line in File 1 with Column in File 2 and print whole line in file 2 when matched

Hi Experts, I am very new to scripting and have a prb since few days and it is urgent to solve so much appreciated if u help me. i have 2 files file1.txt 9647810043118 9647810043126 9647810043155 9647810043161 9647810043166 9647810043185 9647810043200 9647810043203 9647810043250... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustafa.abdulsa
22 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print from - to line of a file

Need to print file contents from line number A to line-number B eg: # cat -n a 1 aaaaaaaaaaaaa 2 bbbbbbbbbbbbb 3 ccccccccccccc 4 ddddddddddddd 5 eeeeeeeeeeeee 6 ffffffffffffff 7 gggggggggggg ## Need to print contents from linenum 3-6 only... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep in file and print in the line

hi # cat test.txt Test Date: 20131008 1515 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Saxx = Proc_m0_s13 : 1640 Saxx = Proc_m0_s15 : 1791 Saxx = Proc_m0_s17 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output to file print as single line, not separate line

example of problem: when I echo "$e" >> /home/cogiz/file.txt result prints to file as:AA BB CC I need it to save to file as this:AA BB CC I know it's probably something really simple but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Cogiz (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reading a file line by line and print required lines based on pattern

Hi All, i want to write a shell script read below file line by line and want to exclude the lines which contains empty value for MOUNTPOINT field. i am using centos 7 Operating system. want to read below file. # cat /tmp/d5 NAME="/dev/sda" TYPE="disk" SIZE="60G" OWNER="root"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
4 Replies
opendkim-genkey(8)					      System Manager's Manual						opendkim-genkey(8)

NAME
opendkim-genkey - DKIM filter key generation tool SYNOPSIS
opendkim-genkey [options] DESCRIPTION
opendkim-genkey generates (1) a private key for signing messages using opendkim(8) and (2) a DNS TXT record suitable for inclusion in a zone file which publishes the matching public key for use by remote DKIM verifiers. The filenames of these are based on the selector (see below); the private key will have a suffix of ".private" and the TXT record will have a suffix of ".txt". OPTIONS
-a Appends the domain name (see -d below) to the label in the generated TXT record, followed by a trailing period. By default it is assumed the domain name is implicit from the context of the zone file, and is therefore not included in the output. -b bits Specifies the size of the key, in bits, to be generated. The default is 1024 which is the value recommended by the DKIM specifica- tion. -d domain Names the domain which will use this key for signing. Currently only used in a comment in the TXT record file. The default is "example.com". -D directory Instructs the tool to change to the named directory prior to creating files. By default the current directory is used. -h algorithms Specifies a list of hash algorithms which can be used with this key. By default all hash algorithms are allowed. -n note Includes arbitrary note text in the key record. By default, no such text is included. -r Restricts the key for use in e-mail signing only. The default is to allow the key to be used for any service. -s selector Specifies the selector, or name, of the key pair generated. The default is "default". -S Disallows subdomain signing by this key. By default the key record will be generated such that verifiers are told subdomain signing is permitted. -t Indicates the generated key record should be tagged such that verifiers are aware DKIM is in test at the signing domain. NOTES
Requires that the openssl(8) binary be installed and in the executing shell's search path. VERSION
This man page covers the version of opendkim-genkey that shipped with version 2.6.8 of OpenDKIM. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, 2008 Sendmail, Inc. and its suppliers. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2009, 2011, 2012, The OpenDKIM Project. All rights reserved. SEE ALSO
opendkim(8), openssl(8) RFC6376 - DomainKeys Identified Mail The OpenDKIM Project opendkim-genkey(8)