Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print a line when NOT in a file Post 302369457 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 8th of November 2009 05:12:18 PM
Old 11-08-2009
How about (case sensitive):
Code:
join -v 1 <(sort -u<list1.txt) <(grep -o '\b[^[:space:]]*\b' paragraphs.txt |sort -u)

case insensitive:
Code:
join -v 1 <(sort -u<list1.txt|tr 'A-Z' 'a-z') <(grep -o '\b[^[:space:]]*\b' paragraphs.txt |sort -u|tr 'A-Z' 'a-z')

(I chose this because of speed. It should be proportional to (3-5)*n (n=size of biggest file) instead of m*n for a loop. )

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-08-2009 at 06:53 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print one line of Existing File

Hi all, I need to know what command/s I can use to print lines from a file. I cannot do pattern matching, so grepping for a string is not possible. I'd like to say "print line 3" etc. Any ideas? Ta. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print file line by line

I have a file where each line is a stream of text as follows, table1, select * from table1 table2, select * from table2 How do i loop through the file line by line? I have tried doing the following for line in `cat file.txt` do echo $line done and ... cat file.txt|while read line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print line whatever line i want in a file... there any way

Hi friends I need to get what ever line number i want Supplier.profile ----------------- SFTP/INVTRAN SFTP/INVSNAP GATEWAY/INVTRAN GATEWAY/INVSNAP ---------------- exec 0<$Supplier.profile while read LINE do echo $LINE (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print first and last line of a file

I need to print ist and last line of a file My file having abc def dfg jkl bnm outout will be abc bnm ---------- Post updated at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:16 PM ---------- pls help me out. Can any one do this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read file line by line print column wise

I have a .csv file which is seperated with (;) inputfile --------- ZZZZ;AAAA;BBB;CCCC;DDD;EEE; YYYY;BBBB;CCC;DDDD;EEE;FFF; ... ... reading file line by line till end of file. while reading each line output format should be . i need to print only specific columns let say 5th... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a line in File 1 with Column in File 2 and print whole line in file 2 when matched

Hi Experts, I am very new to scripting and have a prb since few days and it is urgent to solve so much appreciated if u help me. i have 2 files file1.txt 9647810043118 9647810043126 9647810043155 9647810043161 9647810043166 9647810043185 9647810043200 9647810043203 9647810043250... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustafa.abdulsa
22 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print from - to line of a file

Need to print file contents from line number A to line-number B eg: # cat -n a 1 aaaaaaaaaaaaa 2 bbbbbbbbbbbbb 3 ccccccccccccc 4 ddddddddddddd 5 eeeeeeeeeeeee 6 ffffffffffffff 7 gggggggggggg ## Need to print contents from linenum 3-6 only... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep in file and print in the line

hi # cat test.txt Test Date: 20131008 1515 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Saxx = Proc_m0_s13 : 1640 Saxx = Proc_m0_s15 : 1791 Saxx = Proc_m0_s17 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output to file print as single line, not separate line

example of problem: when I echo "$e" >> /home/cogiz/file.txt result prints to file as:AA BB CC I need it to save to file as this:AA BB CC I know it's probably something really simple but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Cogiz (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reading a file line by line and print required lines based on pattern

Hi All, i want to write a shell script read below file line by line and want to exclude the lines which contains empty value for MOUNTPOINT field. i am using centos 7 Operating system. want to read below file. # cat /tmp/d5 NAME="/dev/sda" TYPE="disk" SIZE="60G" OWNER="root"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
4 Replies
Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)					       Tk Library Procedures						Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetJoinStyle, Tk_NameOfJoinStyle - translate between strings and join styles SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetJoinStyle(interp, string, joinPtr) const char * Tk_NameOfJoinStyle(join) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. const char *string (in) String containing name of join style: one of "bevel", "miter", or "round". int *joinPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store X join style corresponding to string. int join (in) Join style: one of JoinBevel, JoinMiter, JoinRound. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetJoinStyle places in *joinPtr the X join style corresponding to string, which will be one of JoinBevel, JoinMiter, or JoinRound. Join styles are typically used in X graphics contexts to indicate how adjacent line segments should be joined together. See the X documentation for information on what each style implies. Under normal circumstances the return value is TCL_OK and interp is unused. If string does not contain a valid join style or an abbrevia- tion of one of these names, then an error message is stored in interp->result, TCL_ERROR is returned, and *joinPtr is unmodified. Tk_NameOfJoinStyle is the logical inverse of Tk_GetJoinStyle. Given a join style such as JoinBevel it returns a statically-allocated string corresponding to join. If join is not a legal join style, then "unknown join style" is returned. KEYWORDS
bevel, join style, miter, round Tk Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)