Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: convert rows to single row
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users convert rows to single row Post 302369424 by akil on Sunday 8th of November 2009 09:13:56 AM
Old 11-08-2009
Hi
I want to add connection parameter value in each entry
Code:
[a.s1.txt]
conn1=stg
conn2=dev
path=\xxx\a1.txt
fre=a
[a.s2.txt]
conn1=stg
conn2=dev
path=\xxx\a2.txt
freq=a

EXPECTING O/P

[a.s1.txt]
conn1=stg
conn2=dev
path=\xxx\a1.txt
fre=a
connection=SRC
[a.s2.txt]
conn1=stg
conn2=dev
path=\xxx\a2.txt
freq=a
connection=SRC

Thanksinadvance
Akil

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert a single column into several rows and columns?

I have a program which gives me the output as a single column with hundreds of rows like: 213 314 324 324 123 I want to be able to create a new file from this file which allows me to set the number of rows and columns in the new file, i.e. for this example, if I specify 3 rows and 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashton_smith
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting rows to a single row

Hi all I have a file as below : Development System User Production i want to convert the file to below format: "Development","System","User","Production" Is it possible with UNIX ? if so can you please give me some direction on it ? Thanks, Satya Use code tags please, ty. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaranjon
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert columns to single row

Hello all I have data like 1 2 3 4 5 I wish my output would be like 1,2,3,4,5 For this i have executed 'BEGIN {FS="\n"; ORS=","} {print $0}' test and got the output as 1,2,3,4,5, I do not want to have , at the end of 5. output should be like (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining multiple rows in single row based on certain condition using awk or sed

Hi, I'm using AIX(ksh shell). > cat temp.txt "a","b",0 "c",bc",0 "a1","b1",0 "cc","cb",1 "cc","b2",1 "bb","bc",2 I want the output as: "a","b","c","bc","a1","b1" "cc","cb","cc","b2" "bb","bc" I want to combine multiple lines into single line where third column is same. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samuelray
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Multiple rows to Single Row using unix commands

Can somebody help me in solving this.. Input data is like 0 A 1 B 2 C 3 D 0 A1 1 B1 2 C1 3 D1 0 A2 1 B2 2 C2 3 D2 Output should be like A B C D A1 B1 C1 D1 A2 B2 C2 D2 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahantesh Patil
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge multiple rows into single row if first column matches ?

Hi, Can anyone suggest quick way to get desired output? Sample input file content: A 12 9 A -0.3 2.3 B 1.0 -4 C 34 1000 C -111 900 C 99 0.09 Output required: A 12 9 -0.3 2.3 B 1.0 -4 C 34 1000 -111 900 99 0.09 Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbm_000
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Code required -Output in Multiple Rows to be in single row separated by Commas -

Hola Greetings Experts , I have records spreaded across multiple lines. in attached log.txt i want output to be in 1 line like this below Atached as Output.txt. In brief Output related to 1 line is spreaded across multiple row I wanted it to be in 1 row . Please opem the file in notepad... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishK
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert single column into multiple rows

Convert Single column to multiple rows file a.txt contains data like below Server=abc Run=1 Tables=10 Sessions=16 Time=380 Jobs=5 Server=abc Run=2 Tables=15 Sessions=16 Time=400 Jobs=5 Server=abc Run=3 Tables=20 Sessions=16 Time=450 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a single row to multiple rows

Hi, I want to convert a single row values to multiple rows, but the no. of rows are not fixed. For example, I have a row as below abc-def-lmn-mno-xyz out put should be get abc get def get lmn get xyz (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suneel Mekala
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting single row into multiple rows based on for every 10 digits of last field of the row

Hi ALL, We have requirement in a file, i have multiple rows. Example below: Input file rows 01,1,102319,0,0,70,26,U,1,331,000000113200000011920000001212 01,1,102319,0,1,80,20,U,1,241,00000059420000006021 I need my output file should be as mentioned below. Last field should split for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotra
4 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-move - Move or Rename ECaccess Files SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-move -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-move [-debug] source-ecaccess-file target-ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow moving an ECaccess File. When the move occurs within the same ECaccess File System then it is a rename. When the move occurs across two different ECaccess File Systems then first a copy is done and then a delete of the original file is done (e.g. similar to ecaccess- file-copy ... -erase). The source-ecaccess-file and target-ecaccess-file are in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
source-ecaccess-file The source ECaccess File name. target-ecaccess-file The target ECaccess File name. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt ec:test2.txt Rename the test1.txt file in the ECFS directory of the authenticated user in test2.txt. ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt home:test2.txt Copy the test1.txt file from the ECFS directory of the authenticated user to the test2.txt file in the $HOME directory of the authenticated user, then delete the test1.txt file from ECFS. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)