Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find files older than and containing then tar. Post 302369123 by Dicloflex on Friday 6th of November 2009 01:36:28 PM
Old 11-06-2009
Seen my error! you can use this form of construct for your or clause if you wish. Have tested on HP-UX and it throws up my .txt and .TXT files

find . \( -name \*.txt -o -name \*.TXT \) -print
./env.txt
./dir.txt
./shella.txt
./taila.txt
./tailb.TXT
./number.txt
./finished.txt
./dir2.txt
./shellb.txt
./cutshellb.txt
./tailb.txt
./numberb.txt
./result_c.txt

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar files older than 30 days

Hi there, I am trying to tar a number of files held in a specific folder. I am only interested in archiving files older than 30 days. Having read through the man entries and all available documentation I thought I'd cracked the coomand with tar -c -z -v -N 15/04/2004 -f /wfch.tar * This... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wfch
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

only find files older than x minutes old

I am looking for a way to show files that have been created within a certain period (say anything older than 10 minutes or so). Is there a command/series of commands I can do this with? As an example, I have the following in a directory: -rw-r--r-- 1 owner group 70175 May 16 09:10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Find files older than x days and create a consolidated single tar file.

Hello, I need help in finding files older than x days and creating a single consolidated tar file combining them. Can anyone please provide me a script? Thanks, Dawn (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dawn Bosch
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to tar, compress and remove files older than two days

Hi, I'm Eddy from Belgium and I've the following problem. I try to write a ksh script in AIX to tar, compress and remove the original *.wav files from the directory belgacom_sf_messages older than two days with the following commands. The problem is that I do not find a good combination... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edr
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Find files older than 10 days

What command arguments I can use in unix to list files older than 10 days in my current directory, but I don't want to list the hidden files. find . -type f -mtime +15 -print will work but, it is listing all the hidden files., which I don't want. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to tar files older than 30 days

Hi all. Here's my situation: I have performance reports that run every 30 minutes saved in the format: stats_report_11251000.txt stats_report_11251030.txt stats_report_11251100.txt stats_report_11251130.txt (Obviously run at Nov 25 10 AM, 10:30 AM, 11 AM and so on...) I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 8 hours

I need a script to find files older than 8 hours... I know i can use mmin but the same is not working...the same only support mtime... This is the script i created..but the same is only giving 1 hour old..as I have given dt_H as 1 only...but if i give 8..it can go in -(negative)..how to get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotton
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files older than 2010?

Hi, I need to delete all files, in a folder, older than 2010 that is 2009, 2008 ,.. files... Can anyone suggest the command for that,... Thanks ---------- Post updated at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:53 PM ---------- humm,.. ok right now I am using the following:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create zip/gz/tar files for if the files are older than particular days in UNIX or Linux?

I need a script file for backup (zip or tar or gz) of old log files in our unix server (causing the space problem). Could you please help me to create the zip or gz files for each log files in current directory and sub-directories also? I found one command which is to create gz file for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies
CYR_EXPIRE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     CYR_EXPIRE(8)

NAME
cyr_expire - expire messages and duplicate delivery database entries SYNOPSIS
cyr_expire [ -C config-file ] [ -D delete-days ] -E expire-days [ -X expunge-days ] [ -p mailbox-prefix ] [ -v ] DESCRIPTION
Cyr_expire is used to expire messages and duplicate delivery database entries. Cyr_expire also cleanses mailboxes of partially expunged messages (when using the "delayed" expunge mode). The expiration of messages is controlled by the /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire mailbox annotation which specifies the age (in days) of messages in the given mailbox that should be deleted. Any duplicate delivery database entries which correspond to the mailbox are also deleted at the same frequency. The value of the /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire annotation is inherited by all children of the given mailbox, so an entire mailbox tree can be expired by seting a single annotation on the root of that tree. If a mailbox does not have a /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire annotation set on it (or does not inherit one), then no messages are expired from the mailbox. Cyr_expire reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -D delete-days Remove previously deleted mailboxes older than delete-days (when using the "delayed" delete mode). -E expire-days Prune the duplicate database of entries older than expire-days. This value is only used for entries which do not have a correspond- ing /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire mailbox annotation. -X expunge-days Expunge previously deleted messages older than expunge-days (when using the "delayed" expunge mode). -x Do not expunge messages even if using delayed expunge mode (reduces the IO hit considerably, allowing you to run cyr_expire fre- quently to clean up the duplicate database without overloading your server) -p mailbox-prefix Only find mailboxes starting with this prefix. e.g. "user.justgotspammedlots" -v Enable verbose output. -a Skip the annotation lookup, so all /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire annotations are ignored entirely. It behaves as if they were not set, so only expire-days is considered for all mailboxes. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf SEE ALSO
imapd.conf(5), master(8) CMU
Project Cyrus CYR_EXPIRE(8)