Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need scripting help in :Adding 20% to a list of number : Post 302368916 by rveri on Friday 6th of November 2009 01:27:10 AM
Old 11-06-2009
Thanks , Resolved.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell scripting adding text to top of file

Hi this is quite simple i am sure but without using awk or sed i need to add text to the top of a file this is what i have got so far #!bin/bash echo "Add text to top of file" read line echo $line >> file1 This adds the text to the bottom of the file can some1 please help cheers (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meadhere
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a columnfrom a specifit line number to a specific line number

Hi, I have a huge file & I want to add a specific text in column. But I want to add this text from a specific line number to a specific line number & another text in to another range of line numbers. To be more specific: lets say my file has 1000 lines & 4 Columns. I want to add text "Hello"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ezy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging line and adding number

I having file below o/p ibapp311dg,,20480,s,,,,,,,,, test,,20480,s,,,,,,,,, test,,20480,s,,,,,,,,, ibapp311dg,,20480,s,,,,,,,,, I want to to chk unique word line in the first field seperated by , as well as addup corressponding the number in field for each unique word like ibapp311dg... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunn.dubeyy
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Two Number With Expression Function

ai, i have one question about shell script regarding for "expr" function i have using this command "previous=`expr $previous + 1`" where previous value is 0001, but when the script running, the result appear as expr 1 + 1 = 2 not 0002. The result i need as expr 0001 + 0001 should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinodegil
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Sequence Number to file

Hi All, I need to create a script which checks for a particular file for eg.kumar1.txt. If kumar1.txt is already exist the script should increment the file name as kumar2.txt and so on. Please Advise. Thanks & Regards, Kumar66 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar66
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding number before file extension

Hi , I have a file which has a line starts with $segment_name and has the below data source data $Segment_Name = 123.ABC.123.01.txt $Segment_Name = 123.ABC.ABC.txt $Segment_Name = 123.ABC.12A3.txtMy target data should be $Segment_Name = 123.ABC.123.01.txt $Segment_Name =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in adding sequence number to a file

Hi All , I have a file which contains data(comma separated) in below format : 500,Sourav ,kolkata ,8745775020,700091 505,ram,delhi ,9875645874,600032 510 ,madhu ,mumbai ,5698756430 ,500042 515 ,ramesh ,blore ,8769045601 ,400092 I want to add unique sequence number at the start of each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding number in one column

Hello I have something like this a 1 b 1 c 1 d 1 e 1 This is inside 1.dat and this is what I am trying to get a 2 b 2 c 2 d 2 e 2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeo_fb
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with number to select based on number

Hi experts, I am using KSH and I am need to display file with number in front of file names and user can select it by entering the number. I am trying to use following command to display list with numbers. but I do not know how to capture number and identify what file it is to be used for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mysocks
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scripting: Adding runtime in a progress bar

I have the following code that generates a progress bar and want to add the current execution time after the percentage value. The current execution time is stored in the variable `runtm` I am having a problem on how to add `runtm` in the last `printf` or after it. i=0; j=0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)