Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Size Capacity
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File Size Capacity Post 302368866 by tanjonathan on Thursday 5th of November 2009 09:35:39 PM
Old 11-05-2009
file size capacity

i'm using hp sitescope to monitor everything...but dunno how to set the limit of file size capacity bcos it doesnt support ulimit command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with file size and show the size

Hi All... is the below command be modified in sucha way that i can get the file size along with the name and path of the file the below command only gives me the file location which are more than 100000k...but I want the exact size of the file also.. find / -name "*.*" -size +100000k ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpraharaj84
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File system capacity meter in shell

HI i need help to show the file system capacity in meter or like the progress bar . OS = Solaris 10 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejo4ever
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size and dir size

How to use 'df' only to get the 'Available' space for a specific dir, and then compare with a specific file size using stat -c %s file.txt to see if the file actually can be copied into the dir. Is there any quick way to see if a file can fit into a dir? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Emilywu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

8. Programming

[c] How to calculate size of the file from size of the buffer?

Hi, Can I find size of the file from size of the buffer written? nbECRITS = fwrite(strstr(data->buffer, ";") + 1, sizeof(char), (data->buffsize) - LEN_NOM_FIC, fic_sortie); Thank You :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies

10. AIX

FS capacity

can anyone tell me how to reduce Fs capacity by using echo zero. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkchand
3 Replies
DISKTAB(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							DISKTAB(5)

NAME
disktab -- disk description file SYNOPSIS
#include <disklabel.h> DESCRIPTION
Disktab is a simple database which describes disk geometries and disk partition characteristics. It is used to initialize the disk label on the disk. The format is patterned after the termcap(5) terminal data base. Entries in disktab consist of a number of `:'-separated fields. The first field for each entry gives the names by which a disk's entry may be selected, separated by `|' characters. The last name given should be a long name fully identifying the disk. The optional fields for each entry are: ID Type Description ty str Type of disk (e.g. removable, winchester) dt str Type of controller (e.g. SMD, ESDI, floppy) ns num Number of sectors per track nt num Number of tracks per cylinder nc num Total number of cylinders on the disk sc num Number of sectors per cylinder, ns*nt default su num Number of sectors per unit, sc*nc default se num Sector size in bytes, DEV_BSIZE default sf bool Controller supports bad144-style bad sector forwarding rm num Rotation speed, rpm, 3600 default sk num Sector skew per track, default 0 cs num Sector skew per cylinder, default 0 hs num Headswitch time, usec, default 0 ts num One-cylinder seek time, usec, default 0 il num Sector interleave (n:1), 1 default d[0-4] num Drive-type-dependent parameters bs num Boot block size, default BBSIZE sb num Superblock size, default 0 ba num Block size for partition `a' (bytes) bd num Block size for partition `d' (bytes) be num Block size for partition `e' (bytes) bf num Block size for partition `f' (bytes) bg num Block size for partition `g' (bytes) bh num Block size for partition `h' (bytes) fa num Fragment size for partition `a' (bytes) fd num Fragment size for partition `d' (bytes) fe num Fragment size for partition `e' (bytes) ff num Fragment size for partition `f' (bytes) fg num Fragment size for partition `g' (bytes) fh num Fragment size for partition `h' (bytes) oa num Offset of partition `a' in sectors ob num Offset of partition `b' in sectors oc num Offset of partition `c' in sectors od num Offset of partition `d' in sectors oe num Offset of partition `e' in sectors of num Offset of partition `f' in sectors og num Offset of partition `g' in sectors oh num Offset of partition `h' in sectors pa num Size of partition `a' in sectors pb num Size of partition `b' in sectors pc num Size of partition `c' in sectors pd num Size of partition `d' in sectors pe num Size of partition `e' in sectors pf num Size of partition `f' in sectors pg num Size of partition `g' in sectors ph num Size of partition `h' in sectors ta str Partition type of partition `a' (4.2BSD file system, swap, etc) tb str Partition type of partition `b' tc str Partition type of partition `c' td str Partition type of partition `d' te str Partition type of partition `e' tf str Partition type of partition `f' tg str Partition type of partition `g' th str Partition type of partition `h' FILES
/etc/disktab SEE ALSO
getdiskbyname(3), bsdlabel(8), newfs(8) HISTORY
The disktab description file appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
October 14, 2006 BSD