Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Managing sequence to make unique record Post 302368684 by gehlnar on Thursday 5th of November 2009 10:35:36 AM
Old 11-05-2009
Hi Danmero,

Thank you very much. It gives me exact result.

Regards,
gehlnar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a record ( in a row) and make it as new row

Hi All, The following is the scenario id name -------------- 1 William;Johnson 2 Azim;Abdul 3 Grasim . . etc.... I need the following output id name -------------- 1 William 1 Johnson 2 Azim (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kottursamy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh scripting: Extract 1 most recent record for unique key

I'm loading multiple delimited files into an Oracle DB using sqlldr on Unix. I would like to get only the most recent record per each unique key. There may be multiple updates for each key, but I only want the most recent one. There is a date column in my delimited files, so I'm using cat to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OPTIMUS_prime
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique batch and sequence creation

Hi Everyone, I am working on Sun solaris. I would like to know that ,do we any way to create unique batch in shell scripts.Basically i want to create a batch and want to create a sequence to process the records. Regards, gehlnar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make variable length record a fixed length

Very, very new to unix scripting and have a unique situation. I have a file of records that contain 3 records types: (H)eader Records (D)etail Records (T)railer Records The Detail records are 82 bytes in length which is perfect. The Header and Trailer records sometimes are 82 bytes in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make delimited record ????

Can anyone suggest how to make delimited data for below report format Member Nbr Member Name Date Date Number Miles Rejected Reason Purge 1000000000 BROWNS N/B 10121998 01121998 377393930 500 INVALID CUSTOMER NUM issue is that my column name, data and between column i have variable... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ns64110
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grab unique record from different files on a condition

Hi, I think this is the toughest prob :wall: I have ever come across and I thankfully owe all of u for helping me cross this. cat 1.txt cat 2.txt K now. This is what I am looking for. Output.txt Here is how my output has been generated. First, the column one of each file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change unique file names into new unique filenames

I have 84 files with the following names splitseqs.1, spliseqs.2 etc. and I want to change the .number to a unique filename. E.g. change splitseqs.1 into splitseqs.7114_1#24 and change spliseqs.2 into splitseqs.7067_2#4 So all the current file names are unique, so are the new file names.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avonm
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output first unique record in csv file

Hi, I have to output a new csv file from an input csv file with first unique value in the first column. input csv file color product id status green 102 pass yellow 201 hold yellow 202 keep green 101 ok green 103 hold yellow 203 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris LAU
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV File:Filter duplicate records from column1 & another column having unique record

Hi Experts, I have csv file with 30, 40 columns Pasting just 2 column for problem description. Need to print error if below combination is not present in file check for column-1 (DocumentNumber) and filter columns where value in DocumentNumber field is same. For all such rows, the field... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
7 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)