Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shellscript to find duplicates according to size Post 302368655 by methyl on Thursday 5th of November 2009 09:25:31 AM
Old 11-05-2009
You will be better using "cksum" to decide if file content is identical.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript to find a line in between a particular set of lines of a text file

i have a file a.txt and following is only one portion. I want to search <branch value="/dev36/AREA/" include="yes"></branch> present in between <template_file name="Approve External" path="core/approve/bin" and </template_file> where the no of lines containing "<branch value= " is increasing ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

use shellscript to find the count of a line in a set of lines

I have a file a.xml some portion of the file is given below.But the file format is same. CTYPE available_templates SYSTEM './available_templates.dtd'> <available_templates> <template_file name="Approve External" path="core/approve/bin" <command_list> <command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ShellScript that emails you size of dir

I have this so far: #!/bin/sh FOLDER='/home'; MAXSIZE='50'; MAILADRES='username@server.com'; if ; then echo "$FOLDER too big" | /usr/sbin/sendmail $MAILADRES echo "test"; fi But i need to figure out how to have it search all the users on the system and then find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fourthe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with file size and show the size

Hi All... is the below command be modified in sucha way that i can get the file size along with the name and path of the file the below command only gives me the file location which are more than 100000k...but I want the exact size of the file also.. find / -name "*.*" -size +100000k ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpraharaj84
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find digit which is greater than 1000 in text -using shellscript

Hi All, I am having an abc.txt , which contains some digits Eg:abc.txt 145 566 355 I want write shellscript in suchway that if any digit is greter than 1000 then it shuld display " text files contain digit, which is greater than 1000" Please help me to do so Thanks.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates depending on file size

Hi all, I am working with a huge amount of files in a Linux environment and I was trying to filter my data. Here's what my data looks like Name............................Size OLUSDN.gf.gif-1.JPEG.......5 kb LKJFDA01.gf.gif-1.JPEG.....3 kb LKJFDA01.gf.gif-2.JPEG.....1 kb... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Error404
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the shellscript which is running In background is completed or not?

HI All, I need the answer of below question? 1) how to find the shellscript which is running In background is completed or not ? ex: I know the shellscript name abc.sh which is running in background through cronjob. I want to know this is job is still running or stopped, how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find duplicates in file with line numbers

Hello All, This is a noob question. I tried searching for the answer but the answer found did not help me . I have a file that can have duplicates. 100 200 300 400 100 150 the number 100 is duplicated twice. I want to find the duplicate along with the line number. expected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vatigers
4 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Find duplicates among 2 directories

I have 2 directories, /media/andy/MAXTOR_SDB1/Ubuntu_Mate_18.04/ /media/andy/MAXTOR_SDB1/Linux_Files/. I want to find which files are duplicates so I can delete them from one of those directories. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
13 Replies
rmf(1mh)																  rmf(1mh)

Name
       rmf - remove folder

Syntax
       rmf [ +folder ] [ -help ] [ -[no]interactive ]

Description
       The  command  removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself.  If there are any files within the
       folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed.

You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument.  If you do not specify a folder, and cannot find  the
       current folder, asks you whether you want to delete instead.

If the current folder is removed, it makes current.

Note that the command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution.

If  the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and tells you that this has happened.  This
       provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list  and  returning  to  the  current
       folder from which the list was extracted.

Using to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder
       itself.	If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-interactive
       -nointeractive
		 Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder.  By default, deletes a folder and its messages without asking	for  confirmation.
		 If  you  specify  the	-interactive option, asks if you are sure before deleting the folder.  You are advised to use this option,
		 since when deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably.

Examples
       This example shows how asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used:
       % rmf -interactive +test
       Remove folder "test"? y

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine the user's Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       rmm(1mh)

rmf(1mh)