Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pattern matching over multiple lines and deleting the first Post 302368642 by panyam on Thursday 5th of November 2009 08:28:08 AM
Old 11-05-2009
Something like this :

Code:
awk '/Uplink traffic:/ {p=NR;st=$0;q=1;next} /Downlink traffic:/ {print (NR==p+1)?$0:$0;q=0;next} { if(q==1){q=0;print st} print}' file_name.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the lines matching a pattern, in between two pattern, and generate a tab

Hi all, I'm looking for some help. I have a file (very long) that is organized like below: >Cluster 0 0 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HMXZS... at +/99% 1 279nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HN12A... at +/99% 2 281nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM4TS... at +/99% 3 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM946... at +/99% 4 279nt,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d.chauliac
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding lines matching the Pattern and their previous lines in a file

Hi, I am trying to locate the occurences of certain pattern like 'Possible network disconnect' in a text file. I can get the actual lines matching the pttern using: grep -w 'Possible network disconnect' file_name. But I am more interested in getting the timing of these events which are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines from a stream after matching a pattern

Hi, I have a requirement to to an ldapsearch and remove the shadow attributes in the output file. What I do is ldapsearch() | operation to remove shadow > FILE The ldapsearch gives output like this(with same line formation): objectClass: FSConfig objectClass: extensibleObject fsCAIP:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorzinian
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern matching using awk and getting count of lines

Hi , I have a file which has multiple rows of data, i want to match the pattern for two columns and if both conditions satisfied i have to add the counter by 1 and finally print the count value. How to proceed... I tried in this way... awk -F, 'BEGIN {cnt = 0} {if $6 == "VLY278" &&... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a matching string(line) which is also in other lines

Hi, i need help with my shell script I have a file input.txt containing the following contents /. /usr /usr/share /usr/share/doc /usr/share/doc/wine /usr/share/doc/wine/copyright /usr/share/doc/wine/changelog.Debian.gz I need output as /usr/share/doc/wine /usr/share/doc/wine/copyright... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit0991
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: printing lines AFTER pattern matching EXCLUDING the line containing the pattern

'Hi I'm using the following code to extract the lines(and redirect them to a txt file) after the pattern match. But the output is inclusive of the line with pattern match. Which option is to be used to exclude the line containing the pattern? sed -n '/Conn.*User/,$p' > consumers.txt (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: essem
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines on matching certain pattern

hi I have a large xml file from which i have taken few lines . In this file I have to find for the string </invoices> and check if the 3 rd line after this string does not begin with <portCode> ,then i have to delete the string </invoices> and the next line having the string </shippingBill>... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnyboy
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -v lines starting with pattern 1 and not matching pattern 2

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to view this! I want to grep out all lines of a file that starts with pattern 1 but also does not match with the second pattern. Example: Drink a soda Eat a banana Eat multiple bananas Drink an apple juice Eat an apple Eat multiple apples I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group Multiple Lines on SINGLE line matching pattern

Hi Guys, I am trying to format my csv file. When I spool the file using sqlplus the single row output is wrapped on three lines. Somehow I managed to format that file and finally i am trying to make the multiple line on single line. The below command is working fine but I need to pass the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
3 Replies
GAPPLETVIEWER(1)                                                        GNU                                                       GAPPLETVIEWER(1)

NAME
gappletviewer - Load and runs an applet SYNOPSIS
appletviewer [OPTION]... URL... appletviewer [OPTION]... -code CODE appletviewer [OPTION]... -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT DESCRIPTION
The appletviewer tool loads and runs an applet. Use the first form to test applets specified by tag. The URL should resolve to an HTML document from which the appletviewer will extract applet tags. The APPLET, EMBED and OBJECT tags are supported. If a given document contains multiple applet tags, all the applets will be loaded, with each applet appearing in its own window. Likewise, when multiple URLs are specified, each applet tag instance is given its own window. If a given document contains no recognized tags the appletviewer does nothing. appletviewer http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/ Use the second form to test an applet in development. This form allows applet tag attributes to be supplied on the command line. Only one applet may be specified using the -code option. The -code option overrides the URL form -- any URLs specified will be ignored. appletviewer -code Test.class -param datafile,data.txt gcjwebplugin uses the third form to communicate with the appletviewer through named pipes. OPTIONS
URL OPTIONS -debug This option is not yet implemented but is provided for compatibility. -encoding CHARSET Use this option to specify an alternate character encoding for the specified HTML page. APPLET TAG OPTIONS -code CODE Use the -code option to specify the value of the applet tag CODE attribute. -codebase CODEBASE Use the -codebase option to specify the value of the applet tag CODEBASE attribute. -archive ARCHIVE Use the -archive option to specify the value of the applet tag ARCHIVE attribute. -width WIDTH Use the -width option to specify the value of the applet tag WIDTH attribute. -height HEIGHT Use the -height option to specify the value of the applet tag HEIGHT attribute. -param NAME,VALUE Use the -param option to specify values for the NAME and VALUE attributes of an applet PARAM tag. PLUGIN OPTION -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT gcjwebplugin uses the -plugin option to specify the named pipe the appletviewer should use for receiving commands (INPUT) and the one it should use for sending commands to gcjwebplugin (OUTPUT). DEBUGGING OPTION -verbose Use the -verbose option to have the appletviewer print debugging messages. STANDARD OPTIONS -help Use the -help option to have the appletviewer print a usage message, then exit. -version Use the -version option to have the appletviewer print its version, then exit. -JOPTION Use the -J option to pass OPTION to the virtual machine that will run the appletviewer. Unlike other options, there must not be a space between the -J and OPTION. BUGS
SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
0.98 2010-07-05 GAPPLETVIEWER(1)