Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pattern matching over multiple lines and deleting the first Post 302368634 by ahmad.diab on Thursday 5th of November 2009 08:11:49 AM
Old 11-05-2009
put sample of the file and the desired o/p

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the lines matching a pattern, in between two pattern, and generate a tab

Hi all, I'm looking for some help. I have a file (very long) that is organized like below: >Cluster 0 0 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HMXZS... at +/99% 1 279nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HN12A... at +/99% 2 281nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM4TS... at +/99% 3 283nt, >01_FRYJ6ZM12HM946... at +/99% 4 279nt,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d.chauliac
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding lines matching the Pattern and their previous lines in a file

Hi, I am trying to locate the occurences of certain pattern like 'Possible network disconnect' in a text file. I can get the actual lines matching the pttern using: grep -w 'Possible network disconnect' file_name. But I am more interested in getting the timing of these events which are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines from a stream after matching a pattern

Hi, I have a requirement to to an ldapsearch and remove the shadow attributes in the output file. What I do is ldapsearch() | operation to remove shadow > FILE The ldapsearch gives output like this(with same line formation): objectClass: FSConfig objectClass: extensibleObject fsCAIP:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorzinian
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern matching using awk and getting count of lines

Hi , I have a file which has multiple rows of data, i want to match the pattern for two columns and if both conditions satisfied i have to add the counter by 1 and finally print the count value. How to proceed... I tried in this way... awk -F, 'BEGIN {cnt = 0} {if $6 == "VLY278" &&... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a matching string(line) which is also in other lines

Hi, i need help with my shell script I have a file input.txt containing the following contents /. /usr /usr/share /usr/share/doc /usr/share/doc/wine /usr/share/doc/wine/copyright /usr/share/doc/wine/changelog.Debian.gz I need output as /usr/share/doc/wine /usr/share/doc/wine/copyright... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit0991
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: printing lines AFTER pattern matching EXCLUDING the line containing the pattern

'Hi I'm using the following code to extract the lines(and redirect them to a txt file) after the pattern match. But the output is inclusive of the line with pattern match. Which option is to be used to exclude the line containing the pattern? sed -n '/Conn.*User/,$p' > consumers.txt (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: essem
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines on matching certain pattern

hi I have a large xml file from which i have taken few lines . In this file I have to find for the string </invoices> and check if the 3 rd line after this string does not begin with <portCode> ,then i have to delete the string </invoices> and the next line having the string </shippingBill>... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnyboy
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -v lines starting with pattern 1 and not matching pattern 2

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to view this! I want to grep out all lines of a file that starts with pattern 1 but also does not match with the second pattern. Example: Drink a soda Eat a banana Eat multiple bananas Drink an apple juice Eat an apple Eat multiple apples I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group Multiple Lines on SINGLE line matching pattern

Hi Guys, I am trying to format my csv file. When I spool the file using sqlplus the single row output is wrapped on three lines. Somehow I managed to format that file and finally i am trying to make the multiple line on single line. The below command is working fine but I need to pass the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
3 Replies
BINKDLOGSTAT(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   BINKDLOGSTAT(8)

NAME
Binkdlogstat - binkd log analyser and statistic generator SYNOPSYS
binkdlogstat < <binkd-log-file> DESCRIPTION
binkdlogstat is a program which generates reports of the activity of the binkd daemon. It analyzes binkd log files and prints to stdout a formatted report with the following information for each node: - number of successful incoming sessions - number of failed incoming sessions - number of successful outgoing sessions - number of failed outgoing sessions - outgoing traffic in bytes - incoming traffic in bytes - number of sent files - number of recieved files - average CPS with node It also provides total informations for these categories for the log file. binkdlogstat uses stdin as a source and stdout as a result file, so it can be used as a filter. SEE ALSO
binkd(8) AUTHOR
Binkdlogstat was written by Pavel Gulchouck <gul@lucky.net> 2:463/68 This manual page was written by Kaliuta Yauheni <y.kaliuta@gmail.com> This is free documentation; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. July 2005 BINKDLOGSTAT(8)