Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix XML Parsing check well formed Post 302368605 by sreejitnair123 on Thursday 5th of November 2009 07:10:43 AM
Old 11-05-2009
Unix XML Parsing check well formed

Hi,

I am using ksh, is there any command which can check whether the XML file is well formed or not?

Regards,
Sreejit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

XML parsing

Hi I want to take an XML file and transform it into a pipe-delimited format. What is the best tool to use for this? I have libxml2 which seems to be the best xml parser around. The xml file will have the following format. <Txn> <Date>120504</Date> <id>99</id> <Items> <Item>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handak9
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing xml

I want to use wget comment to parse an xml parse that exist in an online website. How can I connect it using shell script through Unix and how can I parse it?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnut
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

I have a xml file attached. I need to parse parameterId and its value My output should be like 151515 38 151522 32769 and so on.. Please help me. Its urgent (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML

Learned People, Hello ! Till today, for the most part, all of the tricky questions/situations that I encountered were already posted by other folks and all I had to do was peruse through these one at a time and I could find some sort of an answer and all I had to do was add some minor tweaks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManoharMa
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML Parsing

I had a big XML and from which I have to make a layout as below *TOTAL+CB | *CB+FX | CS |*IR | *TOTAL | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |CB FX | | | | DMFXNY EMSGFX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML

I am trying to parse an xml file and trying to grab certain values and inserting them into database table. I have the following xml that I am parsing: <dd:service name="locator" link="false"> <dd:activation mode="manual" /> <dd:run mode="direct_persistent" proxified="false" managed="true"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: $criptKid617
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML parsing by UNIX

Hi, I am new in shell scripting. i want to extract tag values in xml files by using shell script. my files like this: <cw: properties> <cw:std_properties> <tns: properties> <tns:name>AdminOutQueue</tns:name> <tns:type>String</tns:type> <tns:subtype>QueueName</tns:subtype> <tns:value... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindam guha
25 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parsing :

HI I want to parse below file in to two output :- Input :- ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <bulkCmConfigDataFile xmlns:un="utranNrm.xsd" <configData dnPrefix="Undefined"> <xn:SubNetwork id="ONRM_ROOT_MO_R"> <xn:MeContext id="C136"> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

I have an xml file where the format looks like below <SESSIONCOMPONENT REFOBJECTNAME ="pre_session_command" REUSABLE ="NO" TYPE ="Pre-session command"> <TASK DESCRIPTION ="" NAME ="pre_session_command" REUSABLE ="NO" TYPE ="Command" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
8 Replies
Dumper(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Dumper(3)

NAME
XML::Dumper - Perl module for dumping Perl objects from/to XML SYNOPSIS
# Convert Perl code to XML use XML::Dumper; my $dump = new XML::Dumper; $data = [ { first => 'Jonathan', last => 'Eisenzopf', email => 'eisen@pobox.com' }, { first => 'Larry', last => 'Wall', email => 'larry@wall.org' } ]; $xml = $dump->pl2xml($perl); # Convert XML to Perl code use XML::Dumper; my $dump = new XML::Dumper; # some XML my $xml = <<XML; <perldata> <scalar>foo</scalar> </perldata> XML # load Perl data structure from dumped XML $data = $dump->xml2pl($Tree); DESCRIPTION
XML::Dumper dumps Perl data to a structured XML format. XML::Dumper can also read XML data that was previously dumped by the module and convert it back to Perl. This is done via the following 2 methods: XML::Dumper::pl2xml XML::Dumper::xml2pl AUTHOR
Jonathan Eisenzopf <eisen@pobox.com> CREDITS
Chris Thorman <ct@ignitiondesign.com> L.M.Orchard <deus_x@pobox.com> DeWitt Clinton <dewitt@eziba.com> SEE ALSO
perl(1), XML::Parser(3). perl v5.8.0 1999-06-20 Dumper(3)