Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract all the content after a specific data Post 302368506 by ahmad.diab on Thursday 5th of November 2009 03:05:47 AM
Old 11-05-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick87
Hi,
I just found out that the code that you suggested also will print out the content of seq_81,seq_800,etc
Do you have any idea just only specific and only print out the content that matched with seq_8?
Thanks a lot ^^

easily you can put ur string inside this "\<\>" and you will get the exact pattern you want.

Code:
sed -n '/\<seq_8\>/,$ {
p
} ' file.txt > out_file

above you will get seq_8 only if you want seq_80 do this:
sed -n '/\<seq_80\>/,$ {
p
} ' file.txt > out_file

and so on.

Last edited by ahmad.diab; 11-05-2009 at 04:37 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script or command help to extract specific contents from a long list of content

Hi, I got a long list of contents: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data content from a long list of data

My input: Data name: ABC001 Data length: 1000 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 10 100 90 1 forward 15 200 185 2 reverse 50 500 450 Data name: XFG110 Data length: 100 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 50 100 50 ... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific read from a data

Input file: #abc_1 SAASFASFGGDSGDSGDSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGDS Output file: FASFGGDSGDS I just want to print out the read from position 5 until position 15 from the data. Below is the code that I just try but it is failed to get my desired output: grep -v '#' input_file | awk... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Way to extract detail and its content above specific value problem asking

Input file: >position_10 sample:68711 coords:5453-8666 number:3 type:complete len:344 MSINQYSSDFHYHSLMWQQQQQQQQHQNDVVEEKEALFEKPLTPSDVGKLNRLVIPKQHA ERYFPLAAAAADAVEKGLLLCFEDEEGKPWRFRYSYWNSSQSYVLTKGWSRYVKEKHLDA NRTS* >position_4 sample:68711 coords:553-866 number:4 type:partial len:483... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from data and rename its header problem asking

Input file 1: >pattern_5 GAATTCGTTCATGTAGGTTGASDASFGDSGRTYRYGHDGSDFGSDGGDSGSDGSDFGSDF ATTTAATTATGATTCATACGTCATATGTTATTATTCAATCGTATAAAATTATGTGACCTT SDFSDGSDFKSDAFLKJASLFJASKLFSJAKJFHASJKFHASJKFHASJKFHSJAKFHAW >pattern_1 AAGTCTTAAGATATCACCGTCGATTAGGTTTATACAGCTTTTGTGTTATTTAAATTTGAC... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data and change its arrangment

Input: HS04636 PROGRAM source 836 7001 + ID=g1 HS04636 PROGRAM beginner 836 7001 + ID=g1.t1;Parent=g1 HS04636 PROGRAM position 836 836 + Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 PROGRAM type 836 1017 + Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all content that match exactly only specific word

Input: 21 templeta parent 35718 36554 . - . ID=parent_cluster_50.21.11; Name=Partial%20parent%20for%20training%20set; 21 templeta kids 35718 36554 . - . ID=_52; Parent=parent_cluster_5085.21.11; 21 templeta ... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract specific data?

Bash scripting beginner here... I have many folders, each folder representing one subject. Not all subjects have all the required files, so I need to somehow cycle through all the data and then extract the data only from subjects who have no files missing. I tried to output the ls command, but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Extract specific data from a file.

data.txt has several information like the below.. <SERVER>:WEB:MYDOM01:/tmp/cong/MYDOM01,/tmp/app/MYDOM01 <WEBER>:CANES:https-web01,https-web02:/web/apps/https-web01/config <SERVER>:WEB:MYDOM07:/tmp/cong/MYDOM07,/tmp/app/MYDOM07... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
load_dat_font(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					    load_dat_font(3alleg4)

NAME
load_dat_font - Loads a FONT from an Allegro datafile. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *load_dat_font(const char *filename, RGB *pal, void *param) DESCRIPTION
Loads a FONT from an Allegro datafile. You can set param parameter to point to an array that holds two strings that identify the font and the palette in the datafile by name. The first string in this list is the name of the font. You can pass NULL here to just load the first font found in the datafile. The second string can be used to specify the name of the palette associated with the font. This is only returned if the pal parameter is not NULL. If you pass NULL for the name of the palette, the last palette found before the font was found is returned. You can also pass NULL for param, which is treated as if you had passed NULL for both strings separately. In this case, the function will simply load the first font it finds from the datafile and the palette that precedes it. For example, suppose you have a datafile named `fonts.dat' with the following contents: FONT FONT_1_DATA FONT FONT_2_DATA FONT FONT_3_DATA PAL FONT_1_PALETTE PAL FONT_2_PALETTE Then the following code will load FONT_1_DATA as a FONT and return FONT_1_PALETTE as the palette: FONT *f; PALETTE pal; char *names[] = { "FONT_1_DATA", "FONT_1_PALETTE" } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", pal, names); If instead you want to load the second font, FONT_2, from the datafile, you would use: FONT *f; PALETTE pal; char *names[] = { "FONT_2_DATA", "FONT_2_PALETTE" } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", pal, names); If you want to load the third font, but not bother with a palette, use: FONT *f; char *names[] = { "FONT_3_DATA", NULL } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", NULL, names); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
register_font_file_type(3alleg4), load_font(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_dat_font(3alleg4)