Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract all the content after a specific data Post 302368502 by patrick87 on Thursday 5th of November 2009 02:45:00 AM
Old 11-05-2009
Hi,
I just found out that the code that you suggested also will print out the content of seq_81,seq_800,etc
Do you have any idea just only specific and only print out the content that matched with seq_8?
Thanks a lot ^^

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script or command help to extract specific contents from a long list of content

Hi, I got a long list of contents: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data content from a long list of data

My input: Data name: ABC001 Data length: 1000 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 10 100 90 1 forward 15 200 185 2 reverse 50 500 450 Data name: XFG110 Data length: 100 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 50 100 50 ... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific read from a data

Input file: #abc_1 SAASFASFGGDSGDSGDSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGDS Output file: FASFGGDSGDS I just want to print out the read from position 5 until position 15 from the data. Below is the code that I just try but it is failed to get my desired output: grep -v '#' input_file | awk... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Way to extract detail and its content above specific value problem asking

Input file: >position_10 sample:68711 coords:5453-8666 number:3 type:complete len:344 MSINQYSSDFHYHSLMWQQQQQQQQHQNDVVEEKEALFEKPLTPSDVGKLNRLVIPKQHA ERYFPLAAAAADAVEKGLLLCFEDEEGKPWRFRYSYWNSSQSYVLTKGWSRYVKEKHLDA NRTS* >position_4 sample:68711 coords:553-866 number:4 type:partial len:483... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from data and rename its header problem asking

Input file 1: >pattern_5 GAATTCGTTCATGTAGGTTGASDASFGDSGRTYRYGHDGSDFGSDGGDSGSDGSDFGSDF ATTTAATTATGATTCATACGTCATATGTTATTATTCAATCGTATAAAATTATGTGACCTT SDFSDGSDFKSDAFLKJASLFJASKLFSJAKJFHASJKFHASJKFHASJKFHSJAKFHAW >pattern_1 AAGTCTTAAGATATCACCGTCGATTAGGTTTATACAGCTTTTGTGTTATTTAAATTTGAC... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data and change its arrangment

Input: HS04636 PROGRAM source 836 7001 + ID=g1 HS04636 PROGRAM beginner 836 7001 + ID=g1.t1;Parent=g1 HS04636 PROGRAM position 836 836 + Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 PROGRAM type 836 1017 + Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all content that match exactly only specific word

Input: 21 templeta parent 35718 36554 . - . ID=parent_cluster_50.21.11; Name=Partial%20parent%20for%20training%20set; 21 templeta kids 35718 36554 . - . ID=_52; Parent=parent_cluster_5085.21.11; 21 templeta ... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract specific data?

Bash scripting beginner here... I have many folders, each folder representing one subject. Not all subjects have all the required files, so I need to somehow cycle through all the data and then extract the data only from subjects who have no files missing. I tried to output the ls command, but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Extract specific data from a file.

data.txt has several information like the below.. <SERVER>:WEB:MYDOM01:/tmp/cong/MYDOM01,/tmp/app/MYDOM01 <WEBER>:CANES:https-web01,https-web02:/web/apps/https-web01/config <SERVER>:WEB:MYDOM07:/tmp/cong/MYDOM07,/tmp/app/MYDOM07... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
HOTSWAPRC(5)							File Formats Manual						      HOTSWAPRC(5)

NAME
hotswaprc - configuration file for hotswap DESCRIPTION
/etc/hotswaprc is the global configuration file for the hotswap utility. It allows system administrators to specify arbitrary shell scripts to be run after a device is inserted, as well as before and after it is removed. Scripts are selected according to the model name retrieved from the device. This is particularly helpful for automatic configura- tion of CD-RW drives, which require SCSI emulation and bypass normal access via the IDE subsystem. hotswaprc is implemented as an Extensible Mark-up Language (XML) application. XML documents are structured using elements of the form <tag-name> content <tag-name>. A Document Type Definition (DTD) describes the possible content of each element. Please refer to the XML specification for more information. The hotswap distribution also contains an example file, doc/hotswaprc.example, which includes the DTD for the configuration file format. ELEMENTS
<hotswap> This is the root element of the document. Each valid hotswaprc must contain exactly one <hotswap> element. The <hotswap> element may contain an arbitrary number of <device> elements. <device> The configuration file contains one <device> element for every device for which scripts are defined. The <device> element is com- posed of the following elements in this order: <name>, <post-insert>, <pre-remove>, <post-remove>. All but <name> are optional. <name> The content of this element is the model identification string of the IDE device the current <device> element refers to. <post-insert> Contains the shell script that is to be executed after the device has been inserted and registered with the kernel. <pre-remove> Contains the shell script that is to be run before hotswap attempts to unregister the device. <post-remove> Contains the shell script that is to be run after the device had been unregistered. REPORT BUGS
Report bugs to t.stadelmann1@physics.ox.ac.uk. AUTHOR
Written by Tim Stadelmann. SEE ALSO
hotswap(1), xhotswap(1). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002-2003 Tim Stadelmann. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. 26th November 2002 HOTSWAPRC(5)