Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat nfs on RHEL5.4 in relation to the selected kernel Post 302368379 by TonyFullerMalv on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 05:40:42 PM
Old 11-04-2009
I am wondering if this is NFS V4 related, if you do not require the speed/security enhancements of NFS V4 you could try getting both ends to use NFS V3 instead.

This: RHEL5 Administration - 18.2.*NFS Client Configuration
Suggests specifying the NFS version while specifying that the mount is NFS, so try dropping down to NFSv3, it would at least prove that either way?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Relation between kernel & weblogic thread

"nkthread" kernel parameter limits the number of threads running at any point of time from all processes. Does the thread setting in "weblogic server" is in anyway related to this. Please suggest. Thanks Bishweshwar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

RHEL5 Kickstart NFS & DHCP Problem

I just finished setting up a Kickstart Server for our RHEL 5 installs. It's configured to use the PXE boot and NFS for the installation. Everything works fine when I just build one machine at a time. The installation works from begining to end. But when I try the install three machines at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apfistler
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to print selected fields of selected lines by AWK

I am trying to print 1st, 2nd, 13th and 14th fields of a file of line numbers from 29 to 10029. I dont know how to put this in one code. Currently I am removing the selected lines by awk 'NR==29,NR==10029' File1 > File2 and then doing awk '{print $1, $2, $13, $14}' File2 > File3 Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make sure kernel was compiled with NFS server support

Hi there, I have a Debian Squeeze server. How can I check if my kernel was compiled with NFS server support? Extra question: if it is not, how do I enable NFS support in my kernel? Thanks for your help. Santiago (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

After umount -lf: kernel: nfs: server HOSTNAME not responding, timed out

Greetings! I'm testing a failover solution for NFSv4 on RHEL6 with latest updates. My script umounts (umount -lf /share) the faulty NFS share if it sees that's hanging on the client (the NFS daemon is down on the NFS server) and it mounts the share from another healthy NFS server. Sometimes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arsene Lupen
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the relation between UNIX and emacs?

I understand emacs is an editor and unix is a os. however, we have different commands for unix and dif commands for emacs.. How are they related to each other? thanks in advance :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding relation between SAS and HTML

How is sas related to web development - once we have the sas code executed what is the necessity to create a html output?? Any sas and html users welcome .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

One to many relation by awk

Hi, I have a file with more than 50,000 rows. The file is **hsa-miR-10a** ** ABBA-1 ** **hsa-miR-10a** ** ABCA1 ** **hsa-miR-10a** ** ABCC3 ** **hsa-miR-10a** ** ABCC3 ** **hsa-miR-10a** ** ABI3 ** **hsa-miR-10a** ** ACAD11 ** **hsa-miR-10a** ** ACAD11 ** **hsa-miR-10a** ** ACRC **... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. mount.nfs4 is used for mounting NFSv4 file system, while mount.nfs is used to mount NFS file systems versions 3 or 2. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)