Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris recovery
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris recovery Post 302368091 by rajwinder on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 06:10:20 AM
Old 11-04-2009
Solaris recovery

Some thing happened to our solaris 10 ( sparc ) box and it is not coming up now.

These are some of the console messages :

Quote:
Rebooting with command: boot -s
Boot device: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/disk@0,0 File and args: -s SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_118833-36 64-bit Copyright 1983-2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
Hardware watchdog enabled
Booting to milestone "milestone/single-user:default".
Hostname: tokgecpr21
ERROR: svc:/system/filesystem/minimal:default failed to mount /tmp (see 'svcs -x' for details) Nov 3 22:21:35 svc.startd[7]:
svc:/system/filesystem/minimal:default:
Method "/lib/svc/method/fs-minimal" failed with exit status 95.
[ system/filesystem/minimal:default failed fatally (see 'svcs -x' for
details) ]
Requesting System Maintenance Mode
Console login service(s) cannot run
ld.so.1: sulogin: fatal: libcmd.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory Requesting System Maintenance Mode Console login service(s) cannot run
ld.so.1: sulogin: fatal: libcmd.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory Requesting System Maintenance Mode
Quote:
Console login service(s) cannot run
ld.so.1: sulogin: fatal: libcmd.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory Requesting System Maintenance Mode (See /lib/svc/share/README for more information.) Console login service(s) cannot run
ld.so.1: sulogin: fatal: libcmd.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory Requesting System Maintenance Mode (See /lib/svc/share/README for more information.) Console login service(s) cannot run
ld.so.1: sulogin: fatal: libcmd.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory Requesting System Maintenance Mode (See /lib/svc/share/README for more information.)
I assume it is not able to find very basic system libraries so i need to tell it some how to find it under /lib:/usr/lib.

I booted it from the CD but now i dont remember the / file system device name.

So question is it correct approach to mount the root file system and then some tell OS to load above library path ?

Thanks
Singh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recovery on solaris 2.6

I backed up savesets of my mailserver which is an nsr client to my nsr server, another remote system. I use solstice backup 5.5.1 and a 4.4 mm tape drive. My mailserver developed some problems a while ago and i had to reformat and reinstall the O/S and mailserver software. Now i want to recover... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

make recovery tape for solaris

Hello All I am need of amke recover tape for solaris.Could anybody tell me how do i create a make recovery tape for solaris.I am on sun-solaris 2.8 regards Hrishy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Solaris Disaster Recovery Plan ...

Hi all, I'm new in this domain, and on this operating system, but in my job, i have to find a way to make a disaster recovery plan for our server (sun solaris) which has the oracle database. I don't have any standby servers to be used for data replication, i only want to use CD's to put on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam212
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 password recovery plz HELP!!!!!

Hello board, I'm new to Solaris Linux world, trying to learn on my onw, as I notice the windows is a big fraud.... OK let me get to my issue: I have a SOlaris 8 X86 that I don;t have a password and even the screen is disabled(assuming for the security reasons) I just see a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexOne
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 using Flash Archive for Disaster Recovery

Hello everyone I am Kevin and new to this forum. I have encounter an issue I can't seem to resolve. I am currently using Solaris 8 02/04 on Sun V240 servers. I know how to create a flar image of the server and restore it using NFS (network server) or Local Tape (tape drive). What I need to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin1166
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX DR Recovery

I will be going for a DR test next month and have few concerns regarding restoring user vg's System which will be restored is on P750 (AIX 6.1) and the DR hdwr is P570. I do have bootable mksysb of the system and also have savevg (with no data) using "savevg -r -f " for the user volume... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

ldap recovery

Is there a way to recover the ldap server if it crashes (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalcomis
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File recovery

Hi, Please let me know the way to recover the files deleted from home directory by 'rm*' command . Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 recovery

Hi, I need to recover the Solaris 11 OS, and it backup via Netbackup 7.6 file level backup only. Does anyone know what are steps to recover it? Thanks. :confused::confused::confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
3 Replies
sulogin(1M)                                               System Administration Commands                                               sulogin(1M)

NAME
sulogin - access single-user mode SYNOPSIS
sulogin DESCRIPTION
The sulogin utility is automatically invoked by init when the system is first started. It prompts the user to type the root password to enter system maintenance mode (single-user mode) or to type EOF (typically <CTRL-D>) for normal startup (multi-user mode). The user should never directly invoke sulogin. The sulogin utility can prompt the user to enter the root password on a variable number of serial console devices, in addition to the tra- ditional console device. See consadm(1M) and msglog(7D) for a description of how to configure a serial device to display the single-user login prompt. FILES
/etc/default/sulogin Default value can be set for the following flag: PASSREQ Determines if login requires a password. Default is PASSREQ=YES. /etc/default/login Default value can be set for the following flag: SLEEPTIME If present, sets the number of seconds to wait before login failure is printed to the screen and another login attempt is allowed. Default is 4 seconds. Minimum is 0 seconds. Maximum is 5 seconds. Both su(1M) and login(1) are affected by the value of SLEEPTIME. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
login(1), consadm(1M), init(1M), su(1M), attributes(5), msglog(7D) SunOS 5.10 25 Sep 2002 sulogin(1M)