Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to select rows based on condition on column Post 302368010 by protocomm on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 03:14:20 AM
Old 11-04-2009
try this ...

Code:
awk '{chaine=substr($0,8,1);if (chaine==0) print $0}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - how to select the column based on day of month

Problem, How can you pass today's date (eg) 18 into Awk and select the field representing the 18th column? I have an output that I want to interact with based on what day it is information=0:0 192:0 5436:0 22:99 0:0 0:0 1234:0 1359:09 DAY=date'+%d' numbrs=`$information | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gizmo1007
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select rows where the 3rd column value is over xx

Hi All, I've got a text file which is Postcode,Postcode, Travel_time and I want to select all of the rows where the 3rd column value is over 255. Can someone show me the magic on how to do this? Originally it did contain 4 columns but i've managed to strip out the first 3 using: cat textfile |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gman
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining multiple rows in single row based on certain condition using awk or sed

Hi, I'm using AIX(ksh shell). > cat temp.txt "a","b",0 "c",bc",0 "a1","b1",0 "cc","cb",1 "cc","b2",1 "bb","bc",2 I want the output as: "a","b","c","bc","a1","b1" "cc","cb","cc","b2" "bb","bc" I want to combine multiple lines into single line where third column is same. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samuelray
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

merging rows into new file based on rows and first column

I have 2 files, file01= 7 columns, row unknown (but few) file02= 7 columns, row unknown (but many) now I want to create an output with the first field that is shared in both of them and then subtract the results from the rest of the fields and print there e.g. file 01 James|0|50|25|10|50|30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: A-V
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select distinct rows in a file by last column

Hi, I have the following file: LOG:015608::ERR:2310:map_spsrec:Invalid parameter LOG:015608::ERR:2471:map_dgdrec:Invalid parameter LOG:015608::ERR:2487:map_nnmrec:Invalid number LOG:015608::ERR:2310:map_nmrec:Invalid number LOG:015608::ERR:2438:map_nmrec:Invalid number As a delimiter I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to select some column from file1 if condition match.

I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. want to print some column(number,status,date1,date2,description(descrption column end before category column start with'Oracle Services') and assigned_to column from file1.txt ...If the assigned_to name in file2.txt matches with assinged_to name in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows to columns based on condition

I have a file some thing like this: GN Name=YWHAB; RC TISSUE=Keratinocyte; RC TISSUE=Thymus; CC -!- FUNCTION: Adapter protein implicated in the regulation of a large CC spectrum of both general and specialized signaling pathways GN Name=YWHAE; RC TISSUE=Liver; RC ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_k
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to ignore multiple rows based on a condition

All, I have a text file(Inputfile.csv) with millions of rows and 100 columns. Check the sample for 2 columns below. Key,Check A,1 A,2 A, A,4 B,0 B,1 B,2 B,3 B,4 .... million rows. My requirement is to delete all the rows corresponding to all the keys which ever has at least one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conversion of rows to columns using awk based om column value

HI, My Input file data is dn:adcfgeneral id:13343 Name:xxxxxx Password:iutyerwuitywue wpuwt tuiytruityrutyrwtyrwp dn:cdferwjyyyy id:3875 Name:yyyy Password :hgfdsjkfhdsfkdlshf dshfkldshfdklsfh interset:uiuiufj My output should be ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshaila
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to select lines with maximum value of each record based on column value

Hello, I want to get the maximum value of each record separated by empty line based on the 3rd column of each row within each record? Input: A1 chr5D 634 7 82 707 A2 chr5D 637 6 82 713 A3 chr5D 637 5 82 713 A4 chr5D 626 1 82 704... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)