Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Space in a arg
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Space in a arg Post 302368009 by vino_hymi on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 03:11:18 AM
Old 11-04-2009
I need a command to ignore the white spaces when reading a file.
Which contains contents like below.

Where i will be reading each line and passing as a argument to another process.

Due to this space its throwing multiple arguments error.

Code:
products/100% Haddock Fillets  500G-small.gif
products/100% Haddock Fillets  500G.gif
products/2 Hot and Spicy  Grills 200G -small.gif
products/2 Hot and Spicy  Grills 200G.gif
products/2 Original  Fillet Burgers 180G -small.gif
products/2 Original  Fillet Burgers 180G.gif

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

arg list too long

I do ls -l ABC*, I get arg list too long message. This will not happen if ABC* has small no of files I believe 4000 files is limit. Any way of avoiding this. I even tried like this for i in `ls -l ABC*` do echo $i done Same problem. Any solution would be great. I am on HP-UX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vingupta
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

arg list too long

Does anyone have a solution for arg list too long error. I have got this from the web but I fail to make any sense out of it Thanks enc (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: encrypted
8 Replies

3. AIX

file system space arg !!! and confused

Aix 5.2 on a P510 RS6000 My /usr filesystem is sized at 3.8 gb. Check me if I'm wrong here but this should be enough space for /usr? When I installed the o/s I just followed the defaults, didn't add any 3rd party apps, least that I know of. My problem is that it's running at 90% capacity. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Westy564
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

arg list too long

Hi, Help. I have a file that contains a list of users in a file. I want to cat the content of the file and feed it into sed to a preformated report. The error I got is "ksh: /usr/bin/sed: arg list too long" My method below. A=`cat FILE1.txt` B=`echo $A` sed "s#USERLIST#$B#" FILE2 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zenwork
2 Replies

5. Programming

warning: int format,pid_t arg (arg 2)

I try following code under Solaris10,like follows: int glob = 6; int main(void) { int var; pid_t pid; var = 88; printf("before vfork\n"); if ((pid = vfork()) < 0) { err_sys("vfork error"); } else if (pid == 0) { glob++; var++; _exit(0); } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arg list too long

Hello All, I am trying to find a file name with .sh exention from a list of .dat files inside a directory. find /app/folder1/* -name '*.dat'| xargs grep '.sh' ksh: /usr/local/bin/find: arg list too long Please help me finding the command. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkhan9
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy from/to file, if arg 'ok'

Hello, I've just started with shell scripting, and I need som assistance! Basicly what I want to do is copy names from one file to another, when running the scrip the user should be asked about the status of these names. Let me demonstrate: file: Name: John, Gender: male Name: Jane,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: klskl
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script too many arg's

I have a simple bash script on RHEL that works fine when there is one file but when it finds multiple files of same condition I get too many args error. for i in * do if ;then echo "no files to move" exit 0 fi if ; then ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcalisi
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute arg with ssh

Hello, I am trying to execute remote script with ssh : ssh -o ConnectTimeout=10 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o NumberOfPasswordPrompts=0 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no root@host '/arbo/script -t' My script is well executed, but my option '-t' is never loaded, how can you explain that ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cterra
2 Replies
NG_GIF_DEMUX(4) 					   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					   NG_GIF_DEMUX(4)

NAME
ng_gif_demux -- demultiplexer for packets from ng_gif(4) nodes SYNOPSIS
#include <netgraph/ng_gif_demux.h> DESCRIPTION
The ng_gif_demux netgraph node type demultiplexes the output from ng_gif(4) nodes in the netgraph(4) networking subsystem. The gif hook is meant to be connected to the lower or orphans hook of an ng_gif(4) node. The inet, inet6, atalk, ipx, atm, natm, and ns hooks output frames of the given type when they are received on the gif hook. When a frame is received on one of these hooks, it is encapsu- lated and sent out the gif hook. HOOKS
This node type supports the following hooks: gif Connection to the lower or orphans hook of an ng_gif(4) node. inet Hook for input and output of IP frames. inet6 Hook for input and output of IPv6 frames. atalk Hook for input and output of AppleTalk frames. ipx Hook for input and output of IPX frames. atm Hook for input and output of ATM frames. natm Hook for input and output of NATM frames. ns Hook for input and output of NS frames. CONTROL MESSAGES
This node type supports only the generic control messages. SEE ALSO
gif(4), netgraph(4), netintro(4), ng_gif(4), ifconfig(8), ngctl(8), nghook(8) AUTHORS
Brooks Davis <brooks@FreeBSD.org> BSD
September 18, 2001 BSD