Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl how to exit a while loop and quit reading the input file Post 302368004 by thegeek on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 02:51:27 AM
Old 11-04-2009
Yep, how do you do this way ?

when in while (<FILE>) itself, you would get the line into $_, then why are you again reading into $_.

Remove that line. And if you have some other errors, come again with more clarity.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - pass shell-vars into perl for input loop

I need to process a file line-by-line using some value from a shell variable Something like:perl -p -e 's/$shell_srch/$shell_replace/g' input.txt I can't make the '-s' work in the '-p' or '-n' input loop (or couldn't find a syntaxis.) I have searched and found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - write remaining input and quit?

I'm an infrequent user of sed. I searched this and other forums and read quite a bit of the O'Reilly book for an answer without luck. In my script I want sed to write the remainder of the input file and quit if it matches a pattern. e.g /Google/ Does anyone have an answer? thank. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyledp
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Not Reading Input Files Correctly

This is one of the strangest things that's happening to me. I'm writing a new Perl script that is trying to read a file. The file is originally in .mof format, but I also saved the contents into a .txt file. As a simple test, I wrote this: #!/user/bin/perl -w use strict; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to quit or exit from WMToggle

I want directly to move from WMToggle to bash, which command to type? Now I need to type 3 times, :q! etc. any help? its very annoying to time something 3 times continuously :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c_lady
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with perl script with a while loop reading file

Good morning, I appreciate any assistance that I can get from the monks out there. I am able to get this to work for me so that I can do a hostname lookup if I only specify one hostname in the script. What I want to do is have a file with hostnames and do lookups for each name in the file. Here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brianjb
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between exit, bye and quit in sftp

Hi All, I would like to know whether is there any difference in closing the sftp connection with exit, bye and quit. And would like to know the reliable command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to quit out of for loop.

Hi, Here is my code to send read.txt to three servers. col="prd167.mybank.com prd168.mybank.com bsprd169.mybank.com" set -A look $col for IndixList in ${look}; do scp /tmp/read.txt admin@$IndixList:/tmp done This works and all the 3 servers gets the read.txt file. However,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Question: HowTo Exit Script with User Input While Process is Running Mid-Loop?

Hi, I have written a script that allows me to repetitively play a music file $N times, which is specified through user input. However, if I want to exit the script before it has finished looping $N times, if I use CTRL+c, I have to CTRL+c however many times are left in order to complete the loop.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilltop_yodeler
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh loop to read input until QUIT

Hi I'm looking to write a simple ksh loop reading user input (and write it to a file) until the user enters QUIT at which point I want it to continue. Does anyone have an example of this type of loop? Any help much appreciated Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
2 Replies
GRID-PROXY-DESTROY(1)						  Globus Commands					     GRID-PROXY-DESTROY(1)

NAME
grid-proxy-destroy - Destroy the default proxy certificate SYNOPSIS
grid-proxy-destroy [-help] [-usage] [-version] grid-proxy-destroy [-debug] [-dryrun] [-default] [-all] [--] [FILENAME...] DESCRIPTION
The grid-proxy-destroy program removes X.509 proxy files from the local filesystem. It overwrites the data in the files and removes the files from the filesystem. By default, it removes the current user's default proxy (either /tmp/x509up_uUID where UID is the current POSIX user id, or the file pointed to by the X509_USER_PROXY environment variable) unless a list of proxy file paths are included as part of the command line. Use the -- command-line option to separate a list of proxy paths from command line options if the proxy file begins with the - character. The full list of command-line options to grid-proxy-destroy are: -help, -usage Display the command-line options to grid-proxy-destroy. -version Display the version number of the grid-proxy-destroy command -debug Display verbose error messages. -dryrun Do not remove the proxy, but display the path of the files that would have been removed, or the directory where they would have been removed from if the -all command-line option is used. -default Remove the default proxy in addition to the files included on the command-line. Only needed if other paths are included on the command-line. -all Remove the default proxy and all delegated proxies in the temporary file directory. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of grid-proxy-destroy: X509_USER_PROXY Path to the default user proxy. SEE ALSO
grid-proxy-init(1), grid-proxy-info(1) AUTHOR
University of Chicago Globus Toolkit 5.0.2 04/25/2011 GRID-PROXY-DESTROY(1)