Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed command issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed command issue Post 302367943 by ghostdog74 on Tuesday 3rd of November 2009 09:03:52 PM
Old 11-03-2009
do it with awk
Code:
$ echo \`max\`  | awk '{gsub("`","\047")}1'
'max'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Sed Command

Hello , I am trying to replace a word :: complete to Failed . work: complete Sed command which i am using is given below :: sed s/work: complete/Failed/g temp1.txt > temp2.txt (Sed command is grabled if i use the above .. because of space which is there between work: and complete. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
6 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with sed command

Hi, I have to replace the character AL2 with AL16 which I have in one of my text file . I used the sed command like this sed 's/sed 's/AL2/AL16/g' test_carr.dat>test_carr1.dat But it is not replacing this value to the output file. The test_carr.dat file contains data like this cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed Command Issue

Hello, I want to remove the / found when executing the date command. When I use: date +%D | sed 's/\///' I get: 1105/09 I tried: date +%D | sed 's/\*$///' I need to remove all / from the date command, but it does not seem to work (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Sed command

I need to search for a keyword UTF-16 in a list of files if that keyword is found then i need to convert the file to UTF-8 format using iconv command. After this i should substitute the UTF-16 keyword inside the file to UTF-8. Please suggest how to do this in shell scripting. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shruthi8818
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command issue in linux

I ran one the script in debug mode in linux and have a problem ret='$prmAttunityUser=ais' Now i need to remove $ from this '$prmAttunityUser=ais' so i had added a sed command like this sed 's/$//g' but its not working could you all please help me with an alternate command I want the output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in using variable within sed command

Hi All, I am trying to use a variable within the sed command but I am not able to get the output. When I am using the following command (without variable) its working fine: sed -n '/2011\/12\/10 18:11:11./,$p' < Log.txt > Delta_Log.txt But when I am putting the value 2011\/12\/10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acoomer
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with SED command

I have a file that contains lines like this: allgroups: cn=Role1,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us allgroups: cn=Role1,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us I want to remove the string : ,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us and so I tried to use SED. i tried to assign it to a variable and use it: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with sed command

Hi, I want to use a code like sed -n "1,9988p" filename | wc -l I tried from=1 till=9988 sed -n "/$from/,/$till/p" filename |wc -l Issue: sed -n "1,9988p" filename | wc -l -- Returns 9988 rows But sed -n "/$from/,/$till/p" filename |wc -l # Returns > 9988 rows(Complete file) I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurkamal83
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command issue in script

Hi, I am using sed command to extract data from my log file for a certain time interval. From and To "time" are my input arguments. Now if i use the sed command on command line. I get the desired results and If i use it in script.It fails. sed command as command line: sed -n '/04-Mar-2015... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oberoi1403
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with sed command

Hi, I have a script that replaces one string with the other in all files under the specified directory. !/bin/bash # **************** Change Variables Here ************ startdirectory="/opt/app/properties/tmp_new" searchterm="Oracle/Middleware/" replaceterm="" #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
RAND(3) 								 1								   RAND(3)

rand - Generate a random integer

SYNOPSIS
int rand (void ) DESCRIPTION
int rand (int $min, int $max) If called without the optional $min, $max arguments rand(3) returns a pseudo-random integer between 0 and getrandmax(3). If you want a random number between 5 and 15 (inclusive), for example, use rand(5, 15). Caution This function does not generate cryptographically secure values, and should not be used for cryptographic purposes. If you need a cryptographically secure value, consider using random_int(3), random_bytes(3), or openssl_random_pseudo_bytes(3) instead. Note On some platforms (such as Windows), getrandmax(3) is only 32767. If you require a range larger than 32767, specifying $min and $max will allow you to create a range larger than this, or consider using mt_rand(3) instead. PARAMETERS
o $min - The lowest value to return (default: 0) o $max - The highest value to return (default: getrandmax(3)) RETURN VALUES
A pseudo random value between $min (or 0) and $max (or getrandmax(3), inclusive). EXAMPLES
Example #1 rand(3) example <?php echo rand() . " "; echo rand() . " "; echo rand(5, 15); ?> The above example will output something similar to: 7771 22264 11 SEE ALSO
srand(3), getrandmax(3), mt_rand(3), random_int(3), random_bytes(3), openssl_random_pseudo_bytes(3). PHP Documentation Group RAND(3)