Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed command issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed command issue Post 302367931 by RubinPat on Tuesday 3rd of November 2009 08:21:36 PM
Old 11-03-2009
no scrutinizer it is not working

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Sed Command

Hello , I am trying to replace a word :: complete to Failed . work: complete Sed command which i am using is given below :: sed s/work: complete/Failed/g temp1.txt > temp2.txt (Sed command is grabled if i use the above .. because of space which is there between work: and complete. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
6 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with sed command

Hi, I have to replace the character AL2 with AL16 which I have in one of my text file . I used the sed command like this sed 's/sed 's/AL2/AL16/g' test_carr.dat>test_carr1.dat But it is not replacing this value to the output file. The test_carr.dat file contains data like this cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed Command Issue

Hello, I want to remove the / found when executing the date command. When I use: date +%D | sed 's/\///' I get: 1105/09 I tried: date +%D | sed 's/\*$///' I need to remove all / from the date command, but it does not seem to work (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Sed command

I need to search for a keyword UTF-16 in a list of files if that keyword is found then i need to convert the file to UTF-8 format using iconv command. After this i should substitute the UTF-16 keyword inside the file to UTF-8. Please suggest how to do this in shell scripting. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shruthi8818
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command issue in linux

I ran one the script in debug mode in linux and have a problem ret='$prmAttunityUser=ais' Now i need to remove $ from this '$prmAttunityUser=ais' so i had added a sed command like this sed 's/$//g' but its not working could you all please help me with an alternate command I want the output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in using variable within sed command

Hi All, I am trying to use a variable within the sed command but I am not able to get the output. When I am using the following command (without variable) its working fine: sed -n '/2011\/12\/10 18:11:11./,$p' < Log.txt > Delta_Log.txt But when I am putting the value 2011\/12\/10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acoomer
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with SED command

I have a file that contains lines like this: allgroups: cn=Role1,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us allgroups: cn=Role1,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us I want to remove the string : ,cn=groups,o=xyz,st=mn,c=us and so I tried to use SED. i tried to assign it to a variable and use it: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with sed command

Hi, I want to use a code like sed -n "1,9988p" filename | wc -l I tried from=1 till=9988 sed -n "/$from/,/$till/p" filename |wc -l Issue: sed -n "1,9988p" filename | wc -l -- Returns 9988 rows But sed -n "/$from/,/$till/p" filename |wc -l # Returns > 9988 rows(Complete file) I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurkamal83
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command issue in script

Hi, I am using sed command to extract data from my log file for a certain time interval. From and To "time" are my input arguments. Now if i use the sed command on command line. I get the desired results and If i use it in script.It fails. sed command as command line: sed -n '/04-Mar-2015... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oberoi1403
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with sed command

Hi, I have a script that replaces one string with the other in all files under the specified directory. !/bin/bash # **************** Change Variables Here ************ startdirectory="/opt/app/properties/tmp_new" searchterm="Oracle/Middleware/" replaceterm="" #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
casparize(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						      casparize(1)

NAME
      casparize - Set up caspar Makefile in a new directory

SYNOPSIS
      casparize dir (/path/to/config/dir)

casparize file (/path/to/config/dir/file)

DESCRIPTION
      casparize  creates  a  new  configuration  working directory in your current working directory, sets up a Makefile for caspar(7) in this new
      directory, and optionally copies an original configuration file from its original system place to the newly  created  configuration  working
      directory.

USAGE
      You typically use casparize when you already have created the root configuration working directory with its include directory and install.mk
      Caspar include file. By analysing your current working directory and the configuration directory path you give on  the  command  line,  cas-
      parize  can  deduce the contents of the Makefile in the newly created configuration working directory. It creates the new directory, creates
      the correct Makefile, and optionally copies the given configuration file in the new directory, ready for its first version commit.

EXAMPLES
      A typical example:

$ cd <svn>/etc
	$ casparize /etc/postfix/main.cf

creates the directory <svn>/etc/postfix, creates <svn>/etc/postfix/Makefile including the proper content,  and  copies  /etc/postfix/main.cf
      into <svn>/etc/postfix/main.cf. You can now directly add and commit the new directory.

BUGS
      Non known at this moment.

AUTHOR
      Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

casparize 20120508						      8 mai 2012							casparize(1)