Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Net::SFTP problem AIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Net::SFTP problem AIX Post 302367830 by kofs79 on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 10:11:46 AM
Old 11-04-2009
Net::SFTP problem AIX

I am having an issue while trying to run the Net::SFTP module. I have been able to install this on several machines before but have never had this problem. When I am running a simple script to test the sftp it dies but does not trigger the print statement for my error. The last line is in red.

My debug output for sftp_test :
Code:
user-on-NH_TEST:./sftp_test
NH_TEST: Reading configuration data //.ssh/config
NH_TEST: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
NH_TEST: Allocated local port 1023.
NH_TEST: Connecting to 0.0.0.0, port 22.
NH_TEST: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version OpenSSH_3.9p1
Math::BigInt: couldn't load specified math lib(s), fallback to Math::BigInt::Cal
c at /usr/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.8.2/Crypt/DH.pm line 6
NH_TEST: Net::SSH::Perl Version 1.34, protocol version 2.0.
NH_TEST: No compat match: OpenSSH_3.9p1.
NH_TEST: Connection established.
NH_TEST: Sent key-exchange init (KEXINIT), wait response.
NH_TEST: Algorithms, c->s: 3des-cbc hmac-sha1 none
NH_TEST: Algorithms, s->c: 3des-cbc hmac-sha1 none
NH_TEST: Entering Diffie-Hellman Group 1 key exchange.
NH_TEST: Sent DH public key, waiting for reply.
NH_TEST: Received host key, type 'ssh-dss'.
NH_TEST: Host '0.0.0.0' is known and matches the host key.
NH_TEST: Computing shared secret key.
NH_TEST: Verifying server signature.
NH_TEST: Waiting for NEWKEYS message.
NH_TEST: Send NEWKEYS.
NH_TEST: Enabling encryption/MAC/compression.
NH_TEST: Sending request for user-authentication service.

This is being run on AIX 5300-09, C/C++ 6, Perl 5.8.2

I also know there is an issue with Math::BigInt which is installed but I do not think that it is the cause of my problems. I have never seen this and not sure what to do to correct it. I have also been able to connect to this server on other machines so I should be able to with this new_test box.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks

---------- Post updated 11-04-09 at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous update was 11-03-09 at 02:00 PM ----------

Any suggestions at a better place to ask this question? I need to get this working and have hit a wall. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by pludi; 11-03-2009 at 05:23 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

SFTP on AIX 5.2.2

Hello, On my test host I've installed the SSH soft. Created the Public & Private key for sftp and all works fine. Now I want to modify my scheduled scripts, that runs in batch mode, to work automatically. How can I bypass the Passphrase request when I start my sftp connection. I modified the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fima62
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange net::SFTP Perl module debug entry

I installed Net::sftp on a solaris 8 server and I am able to successfully transfer files to the remote server. I am running the command out of a script with debug=1 on so I can see the verbose output. The last two lines of the debug output show it couldn't fsetstat, but I don't know what that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
2 Replies

3. Solaris

boot net problem

Hi my friends when I want to make boot net for my server I have receive: Time out ARP/RARP note: I have use Ok boot net (this is my Syntax) so what is the problem? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with Net::Telnet

#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Net::Telnet (); my $t = new Net::Telnet (Timeout => 10, Prompt => '/.*(#|>|\))\s*$/'); my $remote_host='home'; $t->open(Host => $remote_host, Port =>23); $t->login('root', 'pass'); the error that I get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running C#.NET program in AIX?

Hi Guys Am new in UNIX environment I was asked by my boss to write a program that transfer files from the AIX server to the Wintel Server. I have written the program in C# windows which does almost the same thing. So how to run the C# program in UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michmsk
1 Replies

6. Programming

How to run C#.NET in AIX

Hi Guys Am new in UNIX environment I was asked by my boss to write a program that transfer files from the AIX server to the Wintel Server. I have written the program in C# windows which does almost the same thing. So how to run the C# program in UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michmsk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

NET::FTP Problem

I am facing some problem in the NET::FTP Library in perl script in the HPUX. I am using NET::FTP to ftp files from 23 remote servers. Except 1 server everything is working fine. I am getting this error from one server . but normal FTP is working fine for that server. everytime few files are ftped... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanm
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Controlling AIX processes remotely using a NET app on a Windows server?

I have a .NET application that remotely starts, stops, and gets status of Windows services and scheduled tasks. I would like to add the capability of starting, stopping, and getting status of remote AIX applications also. Based on some preliminary research, one option may be to use 3rd party .NET... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: auser1
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pearl script Net::SFTP authentication error

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use Net::SFTP; use File::Copy; my $user=(getpwuid($<)); my $server = "servername"; print "user - $user server - $server \n"; my %args = ( user => "$user", ssh_args => {port=> 'portnum'} ); $args{debug} = 1; $args{user} = "user"; my $sftp=Net::SFTP->new($server,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yashaswini H L
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX with 2 Net Interfaces lose connectivity

hi guys We have a AIX Server with TSM installed. This server has en0 for administration purposes and we have en1 for backup stuff. en0 subnet 10.10.10.x en1 subnet 10.10.20.x The issue we are having is all of a sudden the LPARs we are backing up lose connectivity to the AIX-TSM Server.... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
23 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)