Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 100% memory usage in prstat
Operating Systems Solaris 100% memory usage in prstat Post 302367723 by Asteroid on Tuesday 3rd of November 2009 09:38:46 AM
Old 11-03-2009
Swap
Code:
bash-3.00# swap -s
total: 9051592k bytes allocated + 2947960k reserved = 11999552k used, 2640008k available

Physical

Code:
bash-3.00# prtdiag -v | grep Memory
Memory size: 8184 Megabytes

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Top and Prstat display different results for memory

I have a question about the accuracy of prstat. I did a 'prstat -t' and it shows 99% of my memory is occupied by oracle. NPROC USERNAME SIZE RSS MEMORY TIME CPU 194 oracle 343G 340G 99% 86:17.24 56% However, 'top' shows I still have 7762meg of memory free. Memory: 16G real, 7762M... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zen03
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usage of prstat -j option.

Hi, I need to capture output of prstat command for certain pid's .I found it as prstat -j filename. I created a filename projlist gave the pid number on the projlist file and run the cmd like this >prstat -j projlist prstat: illegal argument -- projlist can anybody suggest how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipin771
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Free memory in top and prstat command

Hi Export, i execute 'top' command to show the free memory in Solaris host, but the read is much lower than the RSS value shown in prstat command. Which one can reflect the real status and it is possible the difference caused by any patch of OS? Top command (only 883 memory is free)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eiga
3 Replies

7. Solaris

prstat RSS memory

Hi everyone, was hoping someone might be able to help me understand what I am seeing on one of our solaris systems. prstat -s size -a is showing user oradba as being top virtual memory consumption. 639 oradba 3012G 2951G 100% 59:44:01 25% why is it saying 3012G size and 2951G RSS... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: k4boy
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Capture PRSTAT based on CPU usage percentage

Hi, Recently i have write a simple script to capture CPU high usage based on prstat but i found out that it did capture correctly. I need to capture the rows that contains CPU usage more than 3%. Below line which i thought will capture CPU usage based CPU column in prstat(9th parameter) which is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)