Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Trusted Extension ?
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Trusted Extension ? Post 302367649 by fugitive on Tuesday 3rd of November 2009 07:21:41 AM
Old 11-03-2009
Solaris Trusted Extension ?

How to check if a system has Solaris trusted extensions installed or not on a solaris 10 system ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PAM Vs Trusted mode in HP-UX

Hi All, Some questions on PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modulues) and Trusted mode in HP-UX. As default, when I turn on trusted mode (need shadow password only), the PAM is atomatically installed(not sure the word "installed" is appropriate or not). Can we turn on the trusted mode only,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIS+ and trusted hosts

Hello there, Can someone tell me if you need to make the hosts trusted hosts if you use NIS+? Thanks, E (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eknaap
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Trusted Computing

About a year ago, a friend of mine who worked on the OReilly Snort book took a propsal he and I had worked on for a book on Trusted Computing. Though the editor thought the content was good and worthwhile, he felt that there wasn't enough of a market to justify printing such a work. How many... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kduffin
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Trusted system: Please Help.

I was playing with sam and i turned on the Trusted System feature (UX11i). Now i cant log onto it anymore, i can ping it, but icant telnet, rlogin or login at the login screen. I dont want to reboot my machine because i am affraid it wont boot and ask for a password. My root password is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Netghost
1 Replies

5. Solaris

execute in exec_attr in Solaris 10 w/ Trusted Extensions

How do I get this line to execute in exec_attr in Solaris 10 with Trusted Extensions? It needs to run as 'sh cpu_root.sh' With the 'sh' it won't execute. Oracle_Install:solaris:cmd:::/cots/oracle/patches/CPUJan2009/9999999/sh cpu_root.sh:uid=0;gid=0 -----Post Update----- Or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djehres
1 Replies

6. Solaris

projects in Solaris 10 w/ Trusted Extensions

Is there a Solaris 10 BUG (with Trusted Extensions) with binding to a project? This is Solaris 10 32bit Intel and Oracle EE 10gRel2. I am being told that a project (/etc/project) will not bind to the user because of a Solaris bug. According to my admin people Solaris told my company this when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris image file extension

Hi! I've been wondering what is the file extension for an image file in Solaris. For Windows, I know it's .jpeg or .bmp or .png and etc. What do Solaris call their image file extensions then? I just know how to make a file by the use of this command: # mkfile 1000k /dev/rdsk/c7t0d0s0 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display the .csv extension files based on .done extension fine

Hi All, I want to fetch the files based on .done file and display the .csv files and Wil take .csv files for processing. 1.I need to display the .done files from the directory. 2.next i need to search for the .Csv files based on .done file.then move .csv files for the one directory ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija.g6
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting system to trusted

Hi, I need to convert few HP-UX (V 11.31) machines from un-trusted to trusted. I used the HP SMH to do this on one server. However when I click on "Yes" to proceed with the conversion, I get this error : The attempt to convert this system to a trusted system failed. The command return value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)