Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Movie Screenshot Contest - Bits to be won! Post 302367370 by pludi on Monday 2nd of November 2009 10:40:50 AM
Old 11-02-2009
Ok, so it's (probably)
11) Jareth the Goblin King - Labyrinth
14) Johnny 5 - Short Circuit 2 (unless you mean the guy in the back whom you can barely make out)

And if it's still valid:
10) Pale Man - Pan's Labyrinth

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing 24 bits to 8 bits display

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to change 24 bits depth display to 8 bits depth display for Sun Ultra1, running Solaris 8? THANKS in advance. I think that the command is ffbconfig, but it has nothing about depth. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
4 Replies

2. AIX

won't mount /usr...won't boot fully

Hello: NOOB here. I attempted to use smit mkcd. Failed on first attempt, not enough space. 2nd attempt tried to place iso on /usr, not enough space there. Cleanup ran for about 5 minutes after aborting. Now AIX won't boot. LCD display on 7029-6E3 says: 0517 MOUNT /USR. Attempted to boot from CD... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbird
11 Replies

3. Programming

C coding for Screenshot capture

Hey guys, I'm for C code that can do screen capture for me. Any help. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_01
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

32 bits procesaor with 64 bits Solaris

people i have a problem i have a 32 bits sparc processor, and solaris 64 bits processor, i install a oracle data base 64 bits, but my oracle will not run because my processor is from 32 bits this is ok??, i know if i have x86 i cannot install a 64 bits operatin system in a 32 bits processor. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or Perl Loop Screenshot URLs

I am trying to capture screenshots from a huge list of URLs. I am able to manually capture images of individual pages; that is, I simply run the following command to get a screenshot of Foo.com $ python /path/to/screencapture.sh http://www.foo.com I want to modify the script so that instead of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Place Bits & Win Bits!!! - 17th Annual Satellite Awards

Ten movies have been nominated as best motion picture by the International Press Academy, presentation of the 2012 Satellite Awards will be held on 16th December at Los Angeles, CA. Place your bits here on one of the below nominated movie of your choice:- Argo ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoda
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Capture a Screenshot

Hi All, Suppose I want to take a screenshot of a website say Google and save that image. How should I do it? I tried wget with this but of no help. It just makes a particular file in jpeg format but on opening the same it says corrupted. Although I can edit the jpeg as an HTML file. wget... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies
.::SWF::Movie(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					.::SWF::Movie(3pm)

NAME
SWF::Movie - SWF Movie class SYNOPSIS
use SWF::Movie; $m = new SWF::Movie(); $m = SWF::Movie::newSWFMovieWithVersion(8); DESCRIPTION
SWF::Movie is the root object of your flashfile. It contains all your other objects you want in your movie. Ming supports many Flash4, Flash5 F6,7,8,9.. features. The SWF::Movie object contains information like the flashversion, the size, the frames per second, the background color. Except that, the SWF::Movie behaves like a SWF::MovieClip. It only cannot be added to another SWF::Movie or SWF::MovieClip. Notice: The version of your flashmovie can be set by the object SWF. See SWF for more details. METHODS
$m = new SWF::Movie() Creates a Movie object. $m = newSWFMovieWithVersion(version) Creates a Movie object with version value (e.g. 8) set. $displayItem=$m->add($SWFObject) Add an instance of a SWF-object to your current frame. The returnvalue is a SWF::DisplayItem. Some possible SWF-objects are: SWF::Action SWF::MovieClip SWF::Shape SWF::Sound SWF::Text SWF::TextField SWF::Bitmap SWF::PrebuiltClip $m->add($shape); # possible, but not more accessible for us $shape_1 = m->add($shape); # good instance $m->addExport($block, $name) Prepare linkage to Action script code. $m->addExport($mc, 'mc'); # and later inside action script....: $ac = new SWF::Action("_root.attachMovie('mc','mc1',11);"); $m->writeExports() Export prepared names to Action script. remove($displayItem) Removes the given SWF::DisplayItem instance from the current and following frames of the main timeline. $m->remove($shape_i); nextFrame() Finish a frame of the main timeline. New added objects will be added in the next frame. $m->nextFrame(); setNumberOfFrames($frames) =item setFrames($frames) Preset the number of frames of the main timeline. n not used frames before finishing the movie will filled with n nextFrame() statements. If you inserted more nextFrame() commands than you set with setFrames() the setFrames() will be ignored. $m->setFrames(100); $m->setBackground($red,$green,$blue) Set the background in red, green, blue values. Possible value are 0..255 or hexvalues 0x0..0xff. $m-setBackground(0xff,0x99,0x00); # orange bg $m-setBackground(0,200,255) # green bg A transparency level isn't available I asume. (In Flash MX/F6?). A transparent background can be set in the HTML-code for Internet Explorer. Please inform the Authors if that is available for nonIE-browsers. $m->namedAnchor($label) This function adds a named anchor to the movie. $m->setDimension(x,y) Set the dimension in pixel. #ToDo: #min: (0.0,0.0) # ;-) #max: (?,?) #default: (0.0?,0.0?) #Behavior when values <min: ming sets it to min #Behavior when values >max: ming sets it to max $m->setDimension(200,100); $m->setDimension(123.45,67.89); $m->setRate(int) Set the playing speed in frames/second. #ToDo: #min: 0 #max: ? #default: ? #Behavior when value <min: ming sets it to min #Behavior when value >max: ming sets it to max $m->setRate(30); $m->protect() A feature that prevents only flashnewbies from importing your movie into Macromedias Flash authoring tools. It cannot protect your content from being loaded by other flashmovies, deleting of the protection with a hexeditor or disassembling with tools. $m->setSoundStream($soundstream, [$skip]) Puts an SWF::SoundStream object as streaming sound into the main timeline. The optional skip parameter describes the time in seconds to be skiped. $m->setSoundStream($soundstream); $m->streamMp3($filename) Simplifies the setSoundStream(). You only need the filename. $m->streamMp3("iloveyou.mp3"); Hint: If you want to reuse this sound/mp3 later in this movie, create a reusable SWF::SoundStream object and then put it into setSoundstream(). $soundinstance = $m->startSound($sound) Play a prepared SWF::Sound object into the main timeline. Returns an object of SWF::SoundInstance. $sound = new SWF::Sound("loveyoutoo.mp3", SWF_SOUND_MP3_COMPRESSED ); $si = $m->startSound($sound); $m->stopSound($sound) Stop playing sound. $m->labelFrame($string) Gives the current frame a label that can be used by actionscript as anchor. Then you don't have to count your nextFrame() lines anymore. :-) $m->labelFrame("win"); #ToDo: #max characters of a label??? #What happen if we put there a big string?? #Which characters are allowed?? $m->setScriptLimits($maxRecursion, $timeout) Set limits for resource usage, related to action script. Setting timeout will protect your computer from too long loops and stack overflow. So endless scripts like "while(1){};" will be interrupted after timeout seconds. The default recursion depth is 265, the default timeout is 15 seconds. $m->defineScene($offset, $name) Define scenes for the movies' main timeline using integer value for frame offset and name of the scene. $m->setNetworkAccess($flag) Sets network / fileaccess policy. If the flag is set to 0 a localy loaded movie will be unable to access the network but is allowed to access local files. If the flag ist set to 1 a localy loaded movie will be unable to access local files but is allowed to access the network. For SWF >= 8: default is 0, $m->addMetadata($xml) Adds Metadata to the movie: this function inserts a metadata-tag into the movie. Only one metadata-tag can be set to a movie. Metadata is specified as an XML string. $m->assignSymbol($character, $name) Assigns a symbolic name for a SWF::Character object. Such classes are available for usage in other SWF files and can be referenced from inside the current movie. To assign a symbol to the root movie use NULL as character value. $m->setTabIndex($depth, $index) Sets tab index for specified depth level. $fontchar = $m->addFont($font) Adds a font to a movie. An object of SWF::FontCharacter class returned. $font = new SWF::Font('Arial.fdb'); $fch = $m->addFont($font); $fontchar = $m->importFont($file, $name) Imports a font from an other SWFFile. An object of SWF::FontCharacter class returned. $fch = $m->importFont('textField.swf', 'Arial337a'); $m->importCharacter($url, $name) Not yet documented (ToDo!) $result = $m->replace($item, $block) This method replaces a displayable character with a new one. Returns 0 on success , -1 else. $dispitem = $movie->add($shape1); $movie->nextFrame(); print $movie->replace($dispitem, $shape2); $movie->nextFrame(); $written = $m->xs_output([$compresslevel]) $written = $m->output([$compresslevel]) Writes the SWF::Movie to stdout. This is normally used for webservers/cgi-scripts. Don't forget to send the "Content-Type:"-lines before writing out the movie. The parameter compresslevel is optional. compresslevel between 0 and 9. Higher values will be interpreted as 9. Values smaller 0 mean no compression. By default the SWF::Movie will be send without compression. Notice: compression available since Flash MX(Flash 6). Ming does not check this for you if you write flash4 or flash5 movies. Unlike xs_output() the output() method prepared for using via webservers (but not limited to webservers). Both methods return number of bytes written. $written = $m->save($filename [, $compresslevel]) Method saves the SWF::Movie to a file and returns the number of bytes written. The parameter compresslevel is optional. compresslevel between 0 and 9. Higher values will be interpreted as 9. Values smaller 0 mean no compression. By default the SWF::Movie will be saved without compression. Notice: compression available since Flash MX(Flash 6). Ming does not check this for you if you write flash4 or flash5 movies. EXAMPLE
3 examples: a regular minimal SWF::Movie, one with all methods and a more interesting. minimal empty example #!/usr/bin/perl -w use SWF::Movie; $m = new SWF::Movie(); $m->nextFrame(); $m->save("emptyminimal.swf"); full empty examples #!/usr/bin/perl -w use SWF::Movie; $m = new SWF::Movie(); $m->setVersion(4); $m->setBackground(0xff,0xcc,0x0); $m->setDimension(200,100); $m->protect(); $m->setRate(30); $m->setFrames(10); # ming fills it automatic with frames $m->nextFrame() $m->save("empty.swf"); streaming example #!/usr/bin/perl -w use SWF("Shape"); SWF::setVersion(6); $m = new SWF::Movie(); $m->setBackground(0xff,0xcc,0x0); $m->setDimension(200,100); $m->setFrames(10); $m->streamMp3("forever.mp3"); $s= new SWF::Shape(); $s->setLine(40,0xff,0xff,0); $s->setRightFill(0xff,0,0); $s->drawLine(50,0); $s->drawLine(0,20); $s->drawLineTo(0,0); $s_1= $m->add($s); $s_2= $m->add($s); $s_1->move(50,40); $s_2->move(10,40); for($i=1;$i<5;$i++) { $m->nextFrame(); $s_2->move(0,10); } $m->nextFrame(); print "Content-type: application/x-shockwave-flash "; $m->output(9); # with compression level 9 (since flash6) AUTHOR
Soheil Seyfaie (soheil at users.sourceforge.net), Albrecht Kleine and developers of ming.sourceforge.net SEE ALSO
SWF, SWF::Action, SWF::Bitmap, SWF::Button, SWF::Constants, SWF::DisplayItem, SWF::Fill, SWF::Font, SWF::FontCharacter, SWF::Gradient, SWF::Morph, SWF::MovieClip, SWF::Shape, SWF::PrebuiltClip, SWF::Sound, SWF::SoundStream, SWF::TextField, SWF::Text, SWF::Filter, SWF::Character perl v5.14.2 2011-10-26 .::SWF::Movie(3pm)