Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Movie Screenshot Contest - Bits to be won! Post 302367360 by Smiling Dragon on Monday 2nd of November 2009 10:29:39 AM
Old 11-02-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
11) The Goblin King - Labyrinth
14) Number 5 - Short Circuit
Oh dear, both very close but both incorrect! Remember that I'm looking for the name of the character in 11.
14 is close but not quite right yet - look closer.

I did warn you there were gotchas in this set Smilie

---------- Post updated at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ygor
13) Zeebo, Mac, Wiploc & Valerie in "Earth Girls Are Easy"
Correct! 1 point for Ygor

---------- Post updated at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
15) Walter and a couple of his pals fom Cocoon?
Correct! 1 point for Perderabo

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing 24 bits to 8 bits display

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to change 24 bits depth display to 8 bits depth display for Sun Ultra1, running Solaris 8? THANKS in advance. I think that the command is ffbconfig, but it has nothing about depth. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
4 Replies

2. AIX

won't mount /usr...won't boot fully

Hello: NOOB here. I attempted to use smit mkcd. Failed on first attempt, not enough space. 2nd attempt tried to place iso on /usr, not enough space there. Cleanup ran for about 5 minutes after aborting. Now AIX won't boot. LCD display on 7029-6E3 says: 0517 MOUNT /USR. Attempted to boot from CD... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbird
11 Replies

3. Programming

C coding for Screenshot capture

Hey guys, I'm for C code that can do screen capture for me. Any help. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_01
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

32 bits procesaor with 64 bits Solaris

people i have a problem i have a 32 bits sparc processor, and solaris 64 bits processor, i install a oracle data base 64 bits, but my oracle will not run because my processor is from 32 bits this is ok??, i know if i have x86 i cannot install a 64 bits operatin system in a 32 bits processor. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or Perl Loop Screenshot URLs

I am trying to capture screenshots from a huge list of URLs. I am able to manually capture images of individual pages; that is, I simply run the following command to get a screenshot of Foo.com $ python /path/to/screencapture.sh http://www.foo.com I want to modify the script so that instead of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Place Bits & Win Bits!!! - 17th Annual Satellite Awards

Ten movies have been nominated as best motion picture by the International Press Academy, presentation of the 2012 Satellite Awards will be held on 16th December at Los Angeles, CA. Place your bits here on one of the below nominated movie of your choice:- Argo ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoda
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Capture a Screenshot

Hi All, Suppose I want to take a screenshot of a website say Google and save that image. How should I do it? I tried wget with this but of no help. It just makes a particular file in jpeg format but on opening the same it says corrupted. Although I can edit the jpeg as an HTML file. wget... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies
KINO(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   KINO(1)

NAME
kino - non-linear editing of Digital Video data SYNOPSIS
kino [ ( file | playlist ) ... ] DESCRIPTION
kino allows you to import movies from DV camcorders, to edit, and play them. file may be a DV encoded file that will be loaded at startup. Alternatively, you can specify a SMIL playlist of DV files that was previously created with kino. DV is a special kind of video encoding, commonly used in digital camcorders. Differently coded movies, like DivX or mjpeg, need to be con- verted to DV before they can be fed into kino. A video file either holds the raw DV-coded data, or wraps it in a certain container format. Kino currently supports AVI, and QuickTime con- tainers, and distinguishes between the different formats by file extension. Therefore, file names need to end in .dv or .dif for raw files, .avi for AVI, and .mov for QuickTime files, respectively. Anything else is treated as a SMIL playlist. KEYSTROKES
Unlike other editors, kino uses many keyboard commands for fast navigation and editing inside the movie. It acts on frames that are single images from a movie, scenes that are defined as groupings of one or more frames with recording times differing by no more than one second, and movies that are groups of one or more scenes. The following keystrokes can be used for moving and editing. Some of them are also avail- able as buttons in a graphical menu bar. (Also note the deliberate similarities between kino commands and the text editor vi.) The follow- ing is a brief list of the commands. A more complete list is available in the online help. MOVING AROUND space Toggle between play and pause. l, right-arrow Move one frame forward. h, left-arrow Move one frame backward. gg Move to the start of the movie. G Move to the end of the movie. 0, ^ Move to the start of the current scene. $ Move to the end of the current scene. j, return, +, down-arrow Move to the start of the next scene. k, -, up-arrow Move to the start of the previous scene. ctrl-f Move forward five scenes. ctrl-b Move backwards five scenes. w Move forward one second. b Move backwards one second. DELETE OPERATIONS x, dl, d space, del cut the current frame. dd cut the current scene. d$ cut from current frame to end of scene. d^, d0 cut from start of scene to before current frame. dG cut to end of movie. dgg cut from beginning of movie. CLONE OPERATIONS yl, y space copy the current frame. yy, Y copy the current scene. y$ copy from current frame to end of scene. y^, y0 copy from start of scene to current frame. INSERT OPERATIONS p paste after current frame. P paste before current frame. GENERAL COMMANDS :r inserts a SMIL playlist or DV AVI before frame. (Pops up a file dialog.) :w saves the movie as a SMIL playlist. (Pops up a file dialog.) :q quits the program. SEE ALSO
the kino online help, kino2raw(1), dvgrab(1) AUTHORS
kino was written by Arne Schirmacher <arne@schirmacher.de>, Dan Dennedy <dan@dennedy.org>, and Charles Yates <charles.yates@pandora.be>. This manual page was originally written by Daniel Kobras <kobras@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). January 2004 KINO(1)