Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract all the content after a specific data Post 302367250 by patrick87 on Monday 2nd of November 2009 03:31:33 AM
Old 11-02-2009
Extract all the content after a specific data

My input:
>seq_1
DSASSTRRARRRRTPRTPSLRSRRSDVTCS
>seq_3
RMRLRRWRKSCSERS*RRSN
>seq_8
RTTGLSERPRLPTTASRSISSRWTR
>seq_10
NELPLEKGSLDSISIE
>seq_9
PNQGDAREPQAHLPRRQGPRDRPLQAYA+
QVQHRRHDHSRTQH*LCRRRQREDCDRLHR
>seq_4
DRGKGQAGCRRPQEGEALVRRCS>seq_6
FA*GLAAQDGEA*SGRG

My output: Extract all the data after seq_3:
>seq_8
RTTGLSERPRLPTTASRSISSRWTR
>seq_10
NELPLEKGSLDSISIE
>seq_9
PNQGDAREPQAHLPRRQGPRDRPLQAYA+
QVQHRRHDHSRTQH*LCRRRQREDCDRLHR
>seq_4
DRGKGQAGCRRPQEGEALVRRCS>seq_6
FA*GLAAQDGEA*SGRG

Does anybody got the idea to get my desired output?
It seems like awk and sed able to do it.
But I not very sure how to solve it out.
Thanks a lot for all of your advice Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script or command help to extract specific contents from a long list of content

Hi, I got a long list of contents: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data content from a long list of data

My input: Data name: ABC001 Data length: 1000 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 10 100 90 1 forward 15 200 185 2 reverse 50 500 450 Data name: XFG110 Data length: 100 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 50 100 50 ... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific read from a data

Input file: #abc_1 SAASFASFGGDSGDSGDSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGDS Output file: FASFGGDSGDS I just want to print out the read from position 5 until position 15 from the data. Below is the code that I just try but it is failed to get my desired output: grep -v '#' input_file | awk... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Way to extract detail and its content above specific value problem asking

Input file: >position_10 sample:68711 coords:5453-8666 number:3 type:complete len:344 MSINQYSSDFHYHSLMWQQQQQQQQHQNDVVEEKEALFEKPLTPSDVGKLNRLVIPKQHA ERYFPLAAAAADAVEKGLLLCFEDEEGKPWRFRYSYWNSSQSYVLTKGWSRYVKEKHLDA NRTS* >position_4 sample:68711 coords:553-866 number:4 type:partial len:483... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from data and rename its header problem asking

Input file 1: >pattern_5 GAATTCGTTCATGTAGGTTGASDASFGDSGRTYRYGHDGSDFGSDGGDSGSDGSDFGSDF ATTTAATTATGATTCATACGTCATATGTTATTATTCAATCGTATAAAATTATGTGACCTT SDFSDGSDFKSDAFLKJASLFJASKLFSJAKJFHASJKFHASJKFHASJKFHSJAKFHAW >pattern_1 AAGTCTTAAGATATCACCGTCGATTAGGTTTATACAGCTTTTGTGTTATTTAAATTTGAC... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data and change its arrangment

Input: HS04636 PROGRAM source 836 7001 + ID=g1 HS04636 PROGRAM beginner 836 7001 + ID=g1.t1;Parent=g1 HS04636 PROGRAM position 836 836 + Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 PROGRAM type 836 1017 + Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all content that match exactly only specific word

Input: 21 templeta parent 35718 36554 . - . ID=parent_cluster_50.21.11; Name=Partial%20parent%20for%20training%20set; 21 templeta kids 35718 36554 . - . ID=_52; Parent=parent_cluster_5085.21.11; 21 templeta ... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract specific data?

Bash scripting beginner here... I have many folders, each folder representing one subject. Not all subjects have all the required files, so I need to somehow cycle through all the data and then extract the data only from subjects who have no files missing. I tried to output the ls command, but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Extract specific data from a file.

data.txt has several information like the below.. <SERVER>:WEB:MYDOM01:/tmp/cong/MYDOM01,/tmp/app/MYDOM01 <WEBER>:CANES:https-web01,https-web02:/web/apps/https-web01/config <SERVER>:WEB:MYDOM07:/tmp/cong/MYDOM07,/tmp/app/MYDOM07... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
Test::Inline::Extract(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Test::Inline::Extract(3pm)

NAME
Test::Inline::Extract - Extract relevant Pod sections from source code. DESCRIPTION
The Test::Inline::Extract package extracts content interesting to Test::Inline from source files. METHODS
new $file | $source The "new" constructor creates a new Extract object. It is passed either a file name from which the source code would be loaded, or a reference to a string that directly contains source code. Returns a new "Test::Inline::Extract" object or "undef" on error. elements my $elements = $Extract->elements; The "elements" method extracts from the Pod any parts of the file that are relevant to the extraction and generation process of "Test::Inline". The elements will be either a package statements, or a section of inline unit tests. They will only be returned if there is at least one section of inline unit tests. Returns a reference to an array of package strings and sections of inline unit tests. Returns false if there are no sections containing inline unit tests. TO DO
- For certain very complex cases, add a more intensive alternative parser based on PPI SUPPORT
See the main SUPPORT section. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org>, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004 - 2010 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.12.4 2010-11-22 Test::Inline::Extract(3pm)