Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to check numbers! Post 302367209 by smarty86 on Monday 2nd of November 2009 12:02:10 AM
Old 11-02-2009
brother I need to use it manier times in my script.. so I want to check it with if statement..
Please tell me how can i use equality sign with if statement in shell script if the file name is not case sensitive..

i used the below one too but didnt work out..

Code:
if [[ "REQ2" -eq P* ]] && [[ "REQ2 -eq p* ]]
then
----------
fi

and also the below one
Code:
if [[ "REQ2" == P* ]] && [[ "REQ2 == p* ]]
then
----------
fi

please help me

---------- Post updated at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:58 PM ----------

and somebody please tell me what is the meaning of ${FILENAME:0:1}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

retain Line numbers.. in Vi .. OR .. A SHELL SCRIPT

Hello everybody ! GOT SOMETHING INTERESTING... I am trying to retain line number for a text document.. usually we get line numbers in VI using :set nu , but I want to permanently store them. It's a 4000 lines of text and I want grep/search it for a list of words/fields stored in a different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdlayeeq
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

add numbers in shell script

cat dailyreports | grep "Important list" | awk -F":" '{print $2}' | awk -F" " '{print $1}' hey guys, after running the above combination of cat and awk, i get the below output: 3 4 2 9 now, i need to add these numbers up all in one line. i dont know what to add to that cat and awk one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check the unique numbers in huge data

Friends, I have to write a shell script,the description is---- i Have to check the uniqueness of the numbers in a file. A file is containing 200thousand tickets and a ticket have 15 numbers in asecending order.And there is a strip that is having 6 tickets that means 90 numbers.I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to search through numbers and print the output

Suppose u have a file like 1 30 ABCSAAHSNJQJALBALMKAANKAMLAMALK 4562676268836826826868268468368282972982 2863923792102370179372012792701739729291 31 60... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse ':' separated numbers in a shell script

I want to reverse a the following: 00:11:22:33:44:55 I currently use something like below to pass it as is. But now I want the same script to reverse the above and pass it to ethtool. // psuedo code i=0 skip=0 for m in $@ do if then skip=1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhanu.nani
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare floating point numbers in shell script?

How can we compare 2 floating point numbers in SHELL script? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dearanik
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the sum of first n Fibonacci numbers

pls give me the solution for this i need it for my exam pls pls pls Shell script to find the sum of first n Fibonacci numbers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kshitija
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculation using awk or shell script in between the numbers

file A E969K D223L E400L E34L file B predicted 3 1 250 251 500 501 1000 The output should be E969K 501 1000 D223L 1 250 E400L 251 500 E34L 1 250 I tried in this way (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell: Count The sum of numbers in a file

Hi all; Here is my file: V1.3=4 V1.4=5 V1.1=3 V1.2=6 V1.3=6 Please, can you help me to write a script shell that counts the sum of values in my file (4+5+3+6+6) ? Thank you so much for help. Kind regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to tail a file with unknown numbers

Hello, I would like to write script to tail a file for different environment But the number of lines are keep changing How can I write a script For example: env could : A, B or C and log files could be a.log, b.log and c.log with the number of lines can change say sometimes it 100 last... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: encrypt_decrypt
9 Replies
DAILYSTRIPS-UPDATE(1)					      General Commands Manual					     DAILYSTRIPS-UPDATE(1)

NAME
dailystrips-update - download updated dailystrips definitions SYNOPSIS
dailystrips-update [OPTIONS] DAYS WARNING
This script is intended to use under the assumption that the development version of strips.def is the latest and best. Unfortunately, at the time of this writing (August, 2007) upstream development seems to have ceased, so using this script will likely result in a more out- of-date strips definiton than is included in the distribution. WARNING
Due to the above, as of November 2009, dailystrips-update has been neutered to exit immediately on execution, and it is expected that it will be removed in a future version of this package. DESCRIPTION
The dailystrips-update script is provided to automatically retrieve updated strip definitions from a central server, eliminating the need to manually download and install new versions of the entire program. It is recommened that the dailystrips-update script be run before each execution of the main dailystrips program. The dailystrips-update script has provisions to only check for updates if the current file has reached a certain age, which maximizes efficiency and should allow users to run the update script before each execution of dailystrips without overtaxing the update server. USAGE
Operation is straightforward. Simply execute dailystrips-update and the updated definitions will be saved to ~/.dailystrips-updates.def, which will automatically be loaded by the main dailystrips program. OPTIONS
-q, --quiet Turn off progress messages -v, --verbose Turn on extra progress information, overrides -q --proxy host:port Use specified HTTP proxy server (overrides environment proxy, if set) --proxyauth user:pass Set username and password for proxy server --noenvproxy Ignore the http_proxy environment variable, if set --retries NUM When downloading items, make NUM attempts instead of only once --updates FILE Save updates to FILE instead of ~/.dailystrips-updates.def --minage NUM Skip downloading updates if local file is less than NUM seconds old -V, --version Print version number -h, --help Show summary of options SEE ALSO
dailystrips(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Rene Weber <rene_debmaint@public.e-mail.elvenlord.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). June 25, 2004 DAILYSTRIPS-UPDATE(1)