Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat createrepo...YUM installation Post 302367028 by dplinux on Saturday 31st of October 2009 01:24:41 PM
Old 10-31-2009
createrepo...YUM installation

i have 5 cd's of RHEL 5.
how do i know which cd is the createrepo package in...

is there any command or
flags you can add to rpm command to install and the install processes will automatically ask for certain # of cd...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Yum installation problem from DVD !

Friends , I want to install package using yum from DVD in RHEL 5 . Hence I just follow the below rules : 1) # mount /dev/hdc /cdrom/ mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only 2) Edit the yum rhel-debuginfo.repo file like following way : # pwd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Remote installation of rpm package (Using YUM)

Hi, I have configured YUM repository on a server and we have 10 linux machine (clients). Is there any way we can install a package on all the 10 machines from YUM repository server? Please help me. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Centos commands: Yum Upgrade versus Yum update

Hi, I would like to know the difference between YUM UPDATE and YUM UPGRADE. The man pages say upgrade is same as update with the obsolete option. And by default it says the obsolete option is turned on, which would make them equivalent. Does not say what obsolete does. Can someone please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Installing yum and createrepo

Hello all, I'm stuck with a problem on REDHAT Enterprise (uname -r show: 2.4.21-57.ELsmp) The only way to install package is using RPM, but since I'm a newbie I got a lot of dependencies warnings. I installed yum, but the problem now is that I'm not able to create a local repository to install... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

'yum install createrepo' issue

Hi, Here is the issue: # yum install createrepo Warning, could not load sqlite, falling back to pickle Setting up Install Process Setting up repositories file://var/yum_rpm/repodata/repomd.xml: OSError: No such file or directory: '/yum_rpm/repodata/repomd.xml' Trying other mirror. Cannot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

yum provides help

Is there a reason why yum provide can't find libquazip? I did this. yum whatprovides */libquazip A quick google search told me it was in quazip and libquazip. RPM resource libquazip.so.1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

8. SuSE

Createrepo & reposync packages

Hi guys, I have a SUSE 10 box and is missing 2 commands: reposync createrepo When I try to search for these using zypper : server:/tmp # zypper search createrepo Restoring system sources... Not found: Media Exception Not found: Media Exception /repodata/repomd.xml (http://<REPO>)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

9. SuSE

'createrepo' not found on SLES 10.3

Hello All, I'm trying to configure a SLES 10.3 machine as our Zypper server. I created the zypper directories with all the RPMs, made the directory structure accessible over HTTP but I'm stuck at the final stage: createrepo. Looks like 'createrepo' is not present on this version :confused: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
DH_DI_NUMBERS(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_DI_NUMBERS(1)

NAME
dh_di_numbers - install numbered scripts into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_di_numbers [debhelper options] [dir [...] dest] DESCRIPTION
dh_di_numbers is a debhelper program that installs directories of numbered scripts into package build directories. Within each directory, there should be a "_numbers" file in which each line contains at least two space-separated fields. The first field in each line is a two-digit number, which will be prefixed to the entry name to provide ordering within the directory; the second is the entry name, which must correspond to a file or directory alongside the "_numbers" file; and the third field, if present, is another two- digit number which identifies another entry with the same entry name to which this entry should be a symlink. Any additional directory names specified as parameters will be installed in the package build directory of the first package dh_di_numbers is told to act on. By default, this is the first binary package in debian/control, but if you use -p, -i, or -a flags, it will be the first package specified by those flags. FILES
debian/package.di-numbers List the directories to install into each package and the directory they should be installed to. The format is a set of lines, where each line lists a directory or directories to install, and at the end of the line tells the directory they should be installed in. The name of the directories to install should be given relative to the current directory, while the installation directory is given relative to the package build directory. You may use wildcards in the names of the files to install (in v3 mode and above). OPTIONS
dir [...] dest Lists directories to install and where to install them to. The files will be installed into the first package dh_di_numbers acts on. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of dh-di. AUTHOR
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> 3 2009-09-16 DH_DI_NUMBERS(1)