Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk & CPU Load
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk & CPU Load Post 302367009 by Scott on Saturday 31st of October 2009 10:12:54 AM
Old 10-31-2009
Are the variables $year, $month and $day actually set (i.e. otherwise you're generating a report based on possibly every *.TLG file)?

How big is each TLG file?

Are you saying that the CPU usage is low until you run the script?

Does the script finish at all? Is file.txt created? Does it contain the correct data?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU load unit of measure?

If unix says my cpu load is 2.15 exactly what does that mean? --Jason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mac J
1 Replies

2. AIX

Application high CPU load

after a long period of running, the network application's CPU load in our syst em increase slowly, the failed at the end. we use "truss" tool to trace the process, found that it processes something like "semop" ,"semctl","thread_waitlock","kread" kernel call . The trace log file looks like the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

High cpu load average

Hi Buddies, Thanx for reading my first post... After googling a lot and searching so many forums I am feeling down a bit... Please don't mind my ignorence, and my grammer ... :) My server is running RHEL 2.6.9-5.EL. The cpu load is going higher than roof, almost 100 sometimes. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

4. Linux

How to find the load on CPU ?

Hi ALL, I have to develop a script which checks for the load on CPU on regular intervals. I created a simple script which uses 'uptime' command to find out the avg load in the last 5 min. I then used grep and put the value of the avg load in a variable OUT. It was working fine till... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikings.svnit
5 Replies

5. Solaris

CPU load -12.50 in server.

Friends I have noticed that the Sun Fire v490 server with Solaris9 OS in my office, is showing a load of 12.50 during peak time and the CPU showing a max of 75% and an average of 60%. The Application running in this machine hung last month(For reasons unknown) and is running fine after... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to increase cpu load

can someone suggest me some code in any language that will increase CPU and memory both. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU load in video decoding using SAR

Hi, I'm John_giova and I'm new in this Forum. Sorry my english, it's not my first language. So, I'm trying to check the CPU utlization during the video encoding and decoding (making a comparison between SW and HW ) using the SAR tool. According to a past thread I saw as CPU utilization I should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: John_giova
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Help me Solaris 10&11 cpu load average states for 24 hours report

need to capture the following data on an hourly basis without cronjob scheduling in Solaris 5.10/5.11:- 1. load averages 2. Total no. of processes. 3. CPU state 4. Memory 5. Top 3 process details. any other third-party tool is available? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoranam
7 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Load Balancing - LB Server & BackEnd1 & BackEnd2

Hello, What I wish to succeed is to setup loadbalancing between two dedicated servers. Here is my case: ======================================================================================================= LB IP (Just an IP address): Provided by hosting company (11.22.33.44) Hosting company... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Understanding & Monitoring CPU performance (Load vs SAR)

Hi all, Been reading a lot of the cpu load and its "analogy of it to car traffic path of expressway" From wiki Most UNIX systems count only processes in the running (on CPU) or runnable (waiting for CPU) states. However, Linux also includes processes in uninterruptible sleep states... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
13 Replies
CAL(1)								   User Commands							    CAL(1)

NAME
cal - display a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [options] [[[day] month] year] DESCRIPTION
cal displays a simple calendar. If no arguments are specified, the current month is displayed. OPTIONS
-1, --one Display single month output. (This is the default.) -3, --three Display prev/current/next month output. -s, --sunday Display Sunday as the first day of the week. -m, --monday Display Monday as the first day of the week. -j, --julian Display Julian dates (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -y, --year Display a calendar for the current year. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help screen and exit. PARAMETERS
A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: cal 89 will not display a calendar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month (1 - 12) and year. Three parameters denote the day (1-31), month and year, and the day will be highlighted if the calendar is displayed on a terminal. If no parameters are specified, the current month's calendar is displayed. A year starts on Jan 1. The first day of the week is determined by the locale. The Gregorian Reformation is assumed to have occurred in 1752 on the 3rd of September. By this time, most countries had recognized the ref- ormation (although a few did not recognize it until the early 1900's). Ten days following that date were eliminated by the reformation, so the calendar for that month is a bit unusual. HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. AVAILABILITY
The cal command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2011 CAL(1)