Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete file from folder
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete file from folder Post 302366989 by eclairs on Saturday 31st of October 2009 07:39:31 AM
Old 10-31-2009
I have a file in which i am having all folder name in diffrent lines. So accoding to you this command will work? Sorry i am asking again but i have to use this in live environment

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to delete folder based on text file information

I have been working on a script to list all the name's of a subfolder in a text file then edit that text file and then delete the subfolder base on the edited text file so far I have been able to do every thing I just talked about but can't figure out how to delete the subfolers base on a text file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bone11409
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete all the files in folder a which exist in folder b

Hi , I need a script which basically deltes all files in folder a which are alreasy present in folder b say folder a has files abc.txt pqr .txt and b has abc.txt pqr.txt rmr.txt then file abc.txt and pqr.txt from a should be deleted (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: viv1
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto delete the folder

Hi, i have the directory structure directory /home/ncs/controller/logs/ in this path i have following directories cl03032010 cl04032010 cl05032010 cl06042010 i want to delete the folders which are 2 weeks old.. through the crontab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that delete a File when a DEL File will be placed in same folder

Hi there, i have a question. I have a folder called /usr/test There is a file in it.... test.csv I need not a shell script that checks if there is a file called: test.del And if the file is in the same folder then the script should delete the test.csv and also the test.del. Hope... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bjoern28
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder permissions to delete

I am using the below command to delete files from directories and subdirectories find /test/abc/xyx -type f -mtime +7 -exec rm -f {} \; there are some subfolders in xyx for which i don't have permission to delete. Is there a way i can check the permission of the folder first and then delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync delete single file from the target folder

Hi We want to delete a single file from the destiantion directory using rsync. Is it possible to do this ? or Do we have any alternate approaches in rsync( for ex applying some filters ..etc) For ex: ----------------------------------------------- Source (Folder) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To delete the oldest files in a file when file count in the folder exceeds 7

Hi All, I need to delete the oldest file in folder when the file count in the folder exceed 6 ( i have a process that puts the source files into this folder ) E.x : Folder : /data/opt/backup 01/01/2012 a.txt 01/02/2012 b.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akshay01987
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete more than 7 days file from Target folder?

Hi Team, I have to remove files which are more than 7 days in my target directory. I have this script but using this i faced some problems like, removed library files of unix. for abc in `find /xxx/abc/OutputFiles/xxxx_*.txt -type f -mtime +5|xargs ls 1` do echo "xxx files are:"$abc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harris
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete oldest folder based on folder named as date

Hi, I have a script doing backup to synology server, the script create new folder each day with the date as being folder name i.e. 2018-07-30. Just before creating the new folder I want the script to find the oldest folder from the list and delete it including its content. for example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humble_learner
3 Replies
LIBMTP_folder_struct(3) 					      libmtp						   LIBMTP_folder_struct(3)

NAME
libmtp - LIBMTP_folder_struct SYNOPSIS
#include <libmtp.h> Data Fields uint32_t folder_id uint32_t parent_id uint32_t storage_id char * name LIBMTP_folder_t * sibling LIBMTP_folder_t * child Detailed Description MTP Folder structure Examples: delfile.c, folders.c, getfile.c, newfolder.c, sendfile.c, and sendtr.c. Field Documentation LIBMTP_folder_t* LIBMTP_folder_struct::child Child folder or NULL if no children Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), and LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::folder_id Unique folder ID Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(), LIBMTP_new_folder_t(), and LIBMTP_Set_Folder_Name(). char* LIBMTP_folder_struct::name Name of folder Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(), and LIBMTP_Set_Folder_Name(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::parent_id ID of parent folder Referenced by LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). LIBMTP_folder_t* LIBMTP_folder_struct::sibling Next folder at same level or NULL if no more Examples: folders.c. Referenced by LIBMTP_destroy_folder_t(), LIBMTP_Find_Folder(), and LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). uint32_t LIBMTP_folder_struct::storage_id ID of storage holding this folder Referenced by LIBMTP_Get_Folder_List_For_Storage(). Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libmtp from the source code. Version 1.1.3 Sun Feb 17 2013 LIBMTP_folder_struct(3)