Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change date format - 2009-10-30 -> today Post 302366936 by mrplow on Friday 30th of October 2009 11:09:47 PM
Old 10-31-2009
Geez, I spent my last two lunch hours trying to figure it out. Thanks Scrutinizer. Only problem is the tree spaces after the day, I'd like to squeeze it into the smallest space I can.
Code:
Today      - 09:00 PM - The Simpsons - Treehouse of Horror XIX (COMEDCP)
Tomorrow   - 12:00 AM - Project Runway - A Fashionable New Beginning (SLICE)
Tomorrow   - 12:00 AM - The King of Queens - Court Date (TROPP)
Tomorrow   - 12:30 AM - The King of Queens - White Collar (TROPP)
Tomorrow   - 01:00 PM - Models of the Runway - A Fresh Start (SLICE)

ignore the runway shows, thats for the WAF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Change the Format of a Date

Hi All, this is my second post, last post reply was very helpful. I have a data that has date in DD/MM/YYYY (07/11/2008) format i want to replace the backslash by a dot(.) so that my awk script can read it inside the C shell script that i have written. i want to change 07/11/2008 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Format Change

Hi I have a date format in a variable as Mon Jan 11 03:35:59 2010. how do i change it to YYYYMMDD format (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keerthan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Format Change

Hi, Please can I have some command to get yesterday in YYMMDD format? This will be used in ksh Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smalya
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripts - shows today’s date and time in a better format than ‘date’ (Uses positional paramete

Hello, I am trying to show today's date and time in a better format than ‘date' (Using positional parameters). I found a command mktime and am wondering if this is the best command to use or will this also show me the time elapse since 1/30/70? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: citizencro
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the date format

Hi Guys, Can someone help me on how to change the date format using sed or any unix command to give my desired output as shown below. INPUT FILE: 69372,200,20100122T17:56:02,2 53329,500,20100121T11:50:07,2 48865,100,20100114T16:08:16,2 11719,200,20100108T13:32:20,2 DESIRED... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format change

Dear Friends, Need your help once again, I have a variable ( e.g. ${i}) whoch has date in MM/DD/YYYY (E.g. 12/31/2011) format. I want to change it to DD/MM/YYYY (e.g. 31/12/2011) format. Request you to guide me as we are unable to do the same. Thanks in advance Anu. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

change date format

Hi, I have the variable "$date_update" in that form: 2011-12-31T13:00:09Z and I would like to change it to 31/12/2011 13:00:09 (Date and Time separated by a blank). Does anyone has a simple solution for that? (using Korn Shell) Cheers Jurgen (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurgen
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the date format

Hi all, I have a file that every line starts with the date and time. The format is like YYYYMMDDHHMM and I woulk like to change it to MM/DD/YY<space>HH:MM. I tried to figure out a way to do it with sed, but I don't know how I could reorganize the digits of the first format. Does anyone have any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geovas
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the date format

Hi, I was looking for a script to change the date from one format to other. A search in the forum gave me the below script as a result. #! /bin/ksh format=YYYYMMDD YEAR=${format%????} DAY=${format#??????} MON=${format#$YEAR} MON=${MON%$DAY} echo $MON/$DAY/$YEAR I got it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prithvirao17
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Date from one format to other

Hi I wish to change date from one format to another in unix. eg: INPUT DATE: 2013159 (YEAR & NUMBER OF DAY) OUTPUT DATE required: 20130608 (YYYYMMDD) how to do it ? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
6 Replies
MYTHTV-STATUS(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  MYTHTV-STATUS(1)

NAME
mythtv-status - Display the status of a MythTV backend SYNOPSIS
mythtv-status [options] DESCRIPTION
This script queries a MythTV backend and reports on the status of it, any upcoming recordings and any which are happening right now. The intention is to warn you if there is a program being recorded or about to be recorded. OPTIONS
-c, --colour Use colour when showing the status of the encoder(s). -d, --description Display the description for the scheduled recordings. --disk-space-warn The threshold (in percent) of used disk space that we should show the disk space in red (if using colour) or send an email if we're in email mode with email only on warnings. --encoder-details Display the input ID and channel name against the recording details. --encoder-skip-idle Suppress displaying idle encoders in the Encoders block. -e, --episode Display the episode (subtitle) for the scheduled recordings. --email <address>[ --email <address> ...] Send the output to the listed email addresses. By default the encoder status, currently recording shows and time till next recording is surpressed from the email. To turn the additional blocks on you can use --encoders, --recording-now and/or --next-recording. --email-only-on-alert Only send an email out (if --email is present) if there is an alert (i.e., schedule conflict or low disk space). -?, --help Display help. --file <file> Load XML from the file specified instead of querying a MythTV backend. Handy for debugging things. --save-file <file> Save the XML we received from the MythTV backend. Handy for debugging things. --guide-days-warn <days> Warn if the number of days of guide data present is equal to or below this level. Default is 2 days. -h HOST, --host=HOST The host to check, defaults to localhost. --nostatus, --noencoders, --norecording-now, --noscheduled-recordings, --noschedule-conflicts, --nonext-recording, --nototal-disk-space, --nodisk-space, --noguide-data, --noauto-expire Suppress displaying blocks of the output if they would normally be displayed. -p PORT, --port=PORT The port to use when connecting to MythTV, defaults to 6544. --oneliner-bullets Insert asterisks (*) before each of the oneliners to stop some email clients from thinking the oneliner block is a paragraph and trying to word wrap them. --auto-expire Display the shows due to auto expire (output is normally suppressed). --auto-expire-count How many of the auto expire shows to display, defaults to 10. --recording-in-warn If the "Next Recording In" time is less than this amount, display it in red. This in seconds, and defaults to 3600 (1 hour). --verbose Have slightly more verbose output. This includes any warnings that might be generated while parsing the XML. -v, --version Show the version of mythtv-status and then exit. OUTPUT
The output of this script is broken up into several chunks they are: Status Some general info about the backend, currently just the timestamp of when this program was run. Guide Data The number of days of guide data is present. By default it is only shown if the number of days is below the warning level. To show it regardless of the warning level use --guide-data. Encoders Each encoder that the backend knows about are listed, with the hostname they are on, the encoder ID (in brackets) and the current status. Recording Now Any programs which are being recorded right now. Scheduled Recordings Up to 10 programs which are scheduled to be recorded today and tomorrow. Schedule Conflicts Any upcoming schedule conflicts (not just limited to today or tomorrow). Shows due to Auto Expire The shows which will be deleted and the order they'll be deleted if the auto expirer kicks in. Total Disk Space The amount of disk space in total, and used by MythTV. Next Recording In If there are no recordings currently happening, then the amount of time until the next recording is displayed. Disk Space Details about each storage group that MythTV knows about. By default this only shows storage groups that are above the warning level. Use --disk-space to turn on display of all storage groups. RETURN CODES
mythtv-status provides some return codes. 0 Standard return code 1 A warning is generated AUTHOR
Andrew Ruthven, andrew@etc.gen.nz LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Andrew Ruthven <andrew@etc.gen.nz> This code is hereby licensed for public consumption under the GNU GPL v3. perl v5.14.2 2012-12-20 MYTHTV-STATUS(1)