Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to check numbers! Post 302366857 by Franklin52 on Friday 30th of October 2009 02:30:25 PM
Old 10-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty86
if i use case then i have to write whole thing inside that only.. but i need to use it manier times...

so please tell me how can i check with if statement!
With the solution above and the link below you should be able to try it out for yourself.

Test Constructs

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

retain Line numbers.. in Vi .. OR .. A SHELL SCRIPT

Hello everybody ! GOT SOMETHING INTERESTING... I am trying to retain line number for a text document.. usually we get line numbers in VI using :set nu , but I want to permanently store them. It's a 4000 lines of text and I want grep/search it for a list of words/fields stored in a different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdlayeeq
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

add numbers in shell script

cat dailyreports | grep "Important list" | awk -F":" '{print $2}' | awk -F" " '{print $1}' hey guys, after running the above combination of cat and awk, i get the below output: 3 4 2 9 now, i need to add these numbers up all in one line. i dont know what to add to that cat and awk one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check the unique numbers in huge data

Friends, I have to write a shell script,the description is---- i Have to check the uniqueness of the numbers in a file. A file is containing 200thousand tickets and a ticket have 15 numbers in asecending order.And there is a strip that is having 6 tickets that means 90 numbers.I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to search through numbers and print the output

Suppose u have a file like 1 30 ABCSAAHSNJQJALBALMKAANKAMLAMALK 4562676268836826826868268468368282972982 2863923792102370179372012792701739729291 31 60... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse ':' separated numbers in a shell script

I want to reverse a the following: 00:11:22:33:44:55 I currently use something like below to pass it as is. But now I want the same script to reverse the above and pass it to ethtool. // psuedo code i=0 skip=0 for m in $@ do if then skip=1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhanu.nani
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare floating point numbers in shell script?

How can we compare 2 floating point numbers in SHELL script? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dearanik
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the sum of first n Fibonacci numbers

pls give me the solution for this i need it for my exam pls pls pls Shell script to find the sum of first n Fibonacci numbers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kshitija
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculation using awk or shell script in between the numbers

file A E969K D223L E400L E34L file B predicted 3 1 250 251 500 501 1000 The output should be E969K 501 1000 D223L 1 250 E400L 251 500 E34L 1 250 I tried in this way (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell: Count The sum of numbers in a file

Hi all; Here is my file: V1.3=4 V1.4=5 V1.1=3 V1.2=6 V1.3=6 Please, can you help me to write a script shell that counts the sum of values in my file (4+5+3+6+6) ? Thank you so much for help. Kind regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to tail a file with unknown numbers

Hello, I would like to write script to tail a file for different environment But the number of lines are keep changing How can I write a script For example: env could : A, B or C and log files could be a.log, b.log and c.log with the number of lines can change say sometimes it 100 last... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: encrypt_decrypt
9 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)