Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Software management HP/UX 9.00 Post 302366756 by vbe on Friday 30th of October 2009 09:31:00 AM
Old 10-30-2009
What do you call software management?
Thats at least 12 years I havent touched a HPUX 9... (I liked alot for LVM was introduced in this version (I worked on 9.04 essentially...)

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Network Management Software

We are a small legal firm in the UK and looking to upgrade from some open source network management tools we are using. I'm not finding very many commercially supported network management software solutions that run on Linux or UNIX for that matter. Does anyone have any recommendations? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrenton
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX software management problem

Hi to all please help ...Acutally i m new in AIX. I dont much know about AIX. I m totally confusing with software management chapter. Actually i m not getting difference between. LPP,,BUNDLE,,,PACKAGE,,FIXES,,,APAR,,,,,FILESET..... i read in the book.......as i know about RPM in linux.....but in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: life008
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Password management / centralized password management

Hello all, I need help for build server call as Password management / centralized password management server. My situation and example: I have 600 server in my server room running on Linux then I need 1 server only can create login/password and then user can login to all 600 server no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheikh76
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Individual Risk Management (Personal IT Security) and Browser Cache Management

Original post from this thread on browser caching. To add to this, it is an effective security measure to clear absolutely all cached data (cookies, web content, ....) when closing the browser - i.e. in case of a shutdown. It takes a bit of work to re-login to all the sites but websites will not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
7 Replies
PVCK(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   PVCK(8)

NAME
pvck - check physical volume metadata SYNOPSIS
pvck [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-v|--verbose] [--labelsector] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVolume...] DESCRIPTION
pvck checks physical volume LVM metadata for consistency. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --labelsector sector By default, 4 sectors of PhysicalVolume are scanned for an LVM label, starting at sector 0. This parameter allows you to specify a different starting sector for the scan and is useful for recovery situations. For example, suppose the partition table is corrupted or lost on /dev/sda, but you suspect there was an LVM partition at approximately 100 MB. This area of the disk may be scanned by using the --labelsector parameter with a value of 204800 (100 * 1024 * 1024 / 512 = 204800): pvck --labelsector 204800 /dev/sda Note that a script can be used with --labelsector to automate the process of finding LVM labels. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvscan(8) vgck(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) PVCK(8)