Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print variable value using file. Post 302366672 by bhavesh.sapra on Friday 30th of October 2009 05:24:08 AM
Old 10-30-2009
Hi quirkasaurus, Thanks for your reply, but i haven't understood what you are trying to say here, if you will try to explain it to me with consideration of my variables it will help me since i am a beginner to unix & CGI scripting.

THanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print the name of variable

How can I pass the name of the variable inside a for statment I have a script something like below: classA=12 classB=14 classC=16 # classD = 20 all_class="classA classB classC" for i in $all_class do echo $i = $($i) #<---- this one not work #echo $i = $(echo $i) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sun-guy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print variable in file using awk

hi, i have store variable in $var i want to print it in $3 of file using awk. how can i do it? file : var1,var2,var3 var5,var6,var7 var8,var9,var10 . . . i want to print $var in $3 ( for example var3 or var7 or var10) thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print redirection to variable file name

Hello, i need to redirect the output of print to a variable file name: #This is normal awk '{ print $17 > "output.txt" }' input #I need something like this awk '{ print $17 > "output_${25}.txt" }' input how to format the output file name to contain a variable? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazeeb
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print arguments with the help of variable

Let's say I want to print the arguments $4 till $#, how can I do this? $# contains the number of arguments $@ contain all the arguments as string What i need is something like for i in $4_till_$#; do #do something with $i convert $i ~/$output done The first 3 arguments are used as options... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print variable

I have list of files: ls a.pdf b.pdf c.pdf and so on... and I have a file like this: cat file1 apple mango pear and so on... I want to rename my file like this: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print using a variable

hey, just want to ask how to do this. ex. g="hi i am john" h=`echo $g | awk '{print $2}'` echo $h OUTPUT is 'i' What if I want to use a variable instead of using '2', how do I do that? Because this one does not work: a=2 h=`echo $g | awk '{print ${$a}}'` this one also does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print variable then fields in variable

i have this variable: varT="1--2--3--5" i want to use awk to print field 3 from this variable. i dont want to do the "echo $varT". but here's my awk code: awk -v valA="$varT" "BEGIN {print valA}" this prints the entire line. i feel like i'm so close to getting what i want. i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print value for a $variable inside a $variable or file

Hi guys, I have a file "abc.dat" in below format: FILE_PATH||||$F_PATH TABLE_LIST||||a|b|c SYST_NM||||${SRC_SYST} Now I am trying to read the above file and want to print the value for above dollar variables F_PATH and SRC_SYST. The problem is it's reading the dollar variables as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcabc1103
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to lookup stored variable in file and print matching line

The bash bash below extracts the oldest folder from a directory and stores it in filename That result will match a line in bold in input. In the matching line there is an_xxx digit in italics that (once the leading zero is removed) will match a line in link. That is the lint to print in output.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print contents of file when the file path is in a variable?

The file f1 contains the text "body" (shell prompt is "$"): $ cat ~/path/f1 body How to print contents of f1 when the f1 path is in a variable? Here is my failed attempt: $ f1="~/path/f1" $ echo $f1 ~/path/f1 $ cat $f1 cat: '~/path/f1': No such file or directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
2 Replies
CGI::Pretty(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  CGI::Pretty(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Pretty - module to produce nicely formatted HTML code SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Pretty qw( :html3 ); # Print a table with a single data element print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Pretty is a module that derives from CGI. It's sole function is to allow users of CGI to output nicely formatted HTML code. When using the CGI module, the following code: print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); produces the following output: <TABLE><TR><TD>foo</TD></TR></TABLE> If a user were to create a table consisting of many rows and many columns, the resultant HTML code would be quite difficult to read since it has no carriage returns or indentation. CGI::Pretty fixes this problem. What it does is add a carriage return and indentation to the HTML code so that one can easily read it. print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); now produces the following output: <TABLE> <TR> <TD>foo</TD> </TR> </TABLE> Recommendation for when to use CGI::Pretty CGI::Pretty is far slower than using CGI.pm directly. A benchmark showed that it could be about 10 times slower. Adding newslines and spaces may alter the rendered appearance of HTML. Also, the extra newlines and spaces also make the file size larger, making the files take longer to download. With all those considerations, it is recommended that CGI::Pretty be used primarily for debugging. Tags that won't be formatted The following tags are not formatted: <a>, <pre>, <code>, <script>, <textarea>, and <td>. If these tags were formatted, the user would see the extra indentation on the web browser causing the page to look different than what would be expected. If you wish to add more tags to the list of tags that are not to be touched, push them onto the @AS_IS array: push @CGI::Pretty::AS_IS,qw(XMP); Customizing the Indenting If you wish to have your own personal style of indenting, you can change the $INDENT variable: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = " "; would cause the indents to be two tabs. Similarly, if you wish to have more space between lines, you may change the $LINEBREAK variable: $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = " "; would create two carriage returns between lines. If you decide you want to use the regular CGI indenting, you can easily do the following: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = ""; AUTHOR
Brian Paulsen <Brian@ThePaulsens.com>, with minor modifications by Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> for incorporation into the CGI.pm distribution. Copyright 1999, Brian Paulsen. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Bug reports and comments to Brian@ThePaulsens.com. You can also write to lstein@cshl.org, but this code looks pretty hairy to me and I'm not sure I understand it! SEE ALSO
CGI perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 CGI::Pretty(3pm)